Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-17-21, 01:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda is bailing on a badge!!! I can't imagine doing just one side of anything! That's just stupid! Real boxers use both arms, at least I think they do, I won't watch it, but I have seen Rocky. Glad you liked the bike bootcamp.

12/16 - dog walk
I had a hard time settling on workouts, 5 minutes of several different strength workouts from GHU and Peloton. Finally finished a full body one with Matty, but I really didn't like it.
Tried a few different YT cardio workouts and ended up doing 20 min. with Leslie.
12/17 - 45 Min. Power Zone Endurance 90's Ride w/ Matt Wilpers
20 Min. 80's Rock Run w/ Jon Hosking
And there will be a dog walk later!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 08:51 PM  
Helen

aaannd it's been another week
And apart from walking Alice (but long evening walks - when it's cooler)
Friday - Cathe - AfterBurn - Mix 1 Express (Single Intervals 1-10)

The last 2 days of work, we were effectively released early as the school closed due to a student testing positive.

Been schlumpy in the silence, and too hot to do much but be in the office area with A/C (knitting a jumper for Alice) but starting to get excited about the new year. Have bought a new diary & beginning to set things up.

CLEDA
• Can't believe you're bailing on a badge - you must absolutely detest the shadow boxing. Never changing sides IS a problem.
• ABBA music would make a workout more fun for me too. Wasn't ever a fan but the nostaliga factor, and songs I actually KNOW would do it for me.
• Hope you get a satisfactory response from Bellicon.

LILI
• Good to see you're still enjoying Les Mills.
• How cool about that run - kicking up the LAST mile - awesome.
• Glad Tally's foot was likely to have been a sprain, and is better.

Customer service - Cathe:
I have a long-ish wishlist on her site that I check regularly to see what lines up with the daily deals, and when 3-4 match, I add something small to take it past $50 for free postage. Boom - it happened ($51.88), but when finally clicked on "Proceed to checkout" nothing happened. Emailed with the details. Bob replied with "clear your cache" (roll eyes) but by then the daily deals had passed and the new total was ~$130 Emailed again, and Nancy said the problem was their end for international orders (2nd time this has happened) and said to redo the order & they'll honour the original prices. By then the deals had changed again, and now I have a credit with them for the difference. Has since arrived.

That's all I have - not feeling great - alone and silent, not knowing what to do next. Have a list, of course.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 05:50 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Cathe's customer service has never been up to par. I'm glad to hear they honored the sale price. I've been struggling with minor depression lately, and the struggle is real. I know exercise will make me feel better, but sometimes it's hard to get going. Maybe I should focus on the new year, a fresh start is always good!

12/18 - TURD
12/19 - dog walk
Jessica's Cardio Abs
KCM's Body Shop, Premix for Legs, Biceps & Back

This was my first time doing the Cardio Abs and even though I liked it, Jessica moved too fast at times. I did some of the drills on my rebounder, but she did give low impact options.

Old 12-19-21, 08:02 PM  
Helen

LILI
• Sorry about the 'minor depression'. Are you seeing anyone for it?
Your comment sent me to the room of mirrors.

• I have wondered if I should see someone myself - at least for ways to handle DH being away better - as my immobility when he is, doesn't bode well for me if he dies before I do, which (statistically) is more likely.
• Bridget takes anti-depressants now, modest dose, but says it has made her feel MUCH better. Made me wonder, it is from me?
• She said ALL her age group just assume everyone has a therapist - like everyone has a dentist, general doctor, ...

I need to make things happen today

Monday
• Focus on cheesecake (find recipe, go out for makings, make it)
• Finish wrapping presents
• More weeding/washing/watering
• Exercise!!!
• At least half of list of LPs for Bridget

Tuesday
• Bath Alice
• Write packing lists (me, Alice, Christmas, fitness, work?)
• Load car with what can go overnight
• More weeding/watering/washing
• Exercise!!!
• Finish list of LPs for Bridget

Wednesday
Drive, drive, drive - expecting it to take ~14 hours including breaks, so aiming to leave right after loading those final things so I don't arrive at midnight.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-20-21, 06:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

On to a new week.

I started to check in yesterday and I don't know what happened. Got side tracked and never came back.

Lili: I think it's a combination of so much right now. . . that adds to feeling blue. I totally understand it. Covid and the new variant and the news absolutely DOES NOT help. I hope you feel better soon. Exercise does help. Many avenues to look into. Winter is a crummy time of year.

Helen: Interesting about what your daughter said re: therapists. I do think she's right. Our generation frowned on depression and getting help and there was such a stigma placed on it. I'm glad that it's slowly changing. I had an issue with Cathe's customer service way back in the day and it soured me on the whole thing. Being in a lot of customer service mediums over the years, there are nice ways to say things and handle situations. This was not one of them. I was always cautious after that. it was also a time when I didn't talk about it, as Cathe was all the rage and I didn't want to get yelled at!!! So I kept it to myself. Glad you got it resolved.

On to me, me and all me.

Bellicon: Got back to me and explained a couple of ways to try to get the home workouts to play on the big tv. Turns out the LIVE platform (which shows up on ROKU) is NOT the same as the "At Home" platform (the one I have). But the "at home" platform INCLUDES all the bellicon LIVE workouts (and more). So, I tried what she suggested and VOILA! it worked. I was like a kid in a candy store, I was so happy!!!! Of course, I had the Ipad on a chair (maybe to far from the tv?) and it stopped at 6 minutes in and I was like, "Great --- here we go again". But I moved it right next to the tv and knock on wood - it worked. a 30 minute workout and no INTERUPTIONS, sputters, spinney death wheel etc. If that's the case and it continues to wokr, I'll DEFINITELY renew. I enjoy those workouts. But not if I can't get it on the big tv. This makes it so much fun. I also like that they have some gentle workouts (and they are truly restorative) and I don't feel like I can't keep up. I am definitely happy. I'll keep you posted and hope they keep working this flawlessly.

12/17/2021: Lower body strength. (using my macebell with Peloton workout). Had every intention of working out AFTER work as well, but that didn't happen. And I don't remember why

12/18/2021: 30 mins. Cody XOXO Holiday Ride, 30 mins. ABA Mama Mia Ride with CDE, 30 mins. Low impact with Bradley Rose, Post ride stetch

12/19/2021: Row 20 mins.
with Nick (breathe), 30 mins. Bellicon Restorative bounce with Faythe (LOVED IT), 30 mins. ABBA ride with Leanne, 10 mins. Glutes & Legs with Andy speer, Post ride stretch and 5 mins. Core with Emma

Lili: I highly recommend the 2 ABBA rides I took!!! I loved how Leanne looked (but she's more of an actress than a cycle instructor on this one! be warned. I didn't mind at all.) the Cody ride? I just didn't like it. He is NOT my cup of tea and I should know that by now. I keep trying though.

Ok, that's it for now. Off to bellicon or ride or run or row. The workout world is my oyster. I will get in a great workout and then head off to work. 48 more miles and I earn my gold badge for December in cycling.

Oh and my year end stats??? It doesn't include the last 2 weeks, but Peloton sent me a report: I cycled 223 hours/4050 miles. Very pleased with that.

Ok, make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 03:29 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - you are the cycling queen! That's a lot of miles and the year hasn't ended! I'll try the ABBA rides.
Helen - you are driving 14 hours by yourself? Please be careful.
I am not seeing a therapist, but we have gone to one for marriage counseling many years ago and I am not opposed to it. Usually my depression is linked to my thyroid being out of whack. I think it's mostly Covid fatigue combined with holiday expectations, global warming, etc.

12/20 - Monday run day! 3.33 miles along the race route. It is cold today, but at least it was sunny, 37F/2.7C.

Old 12-20-21, 07:31 PM  
Helen

When I get things done, I'm MUCH better, so having today as a deadline REALLY helped get me moving the last few days.

CLEDA
• Oh, definitely, a bad experience can totally put you off! I have written people off at work because of it - avoid having anything to do with them.
• Speaking of service - YAAAAYYYY for Bellicon sorting your stuff!

LILI
• I shall indeed be careful, stopping every 2 hours, for about 20 minutes - that adds 2 hours to the App's prediction of 12, but SO worth it.
• Hope it's thyroid - that's easier to fix. Covid fatigue, the stuff on the news, and global warming? Bit of a harder ask.

Must go - feel like I'm procrastinating now... should be starting to gather things to pack.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-21-21, 05:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Before it gets too late and I have to get ready for work. (I'm close as it is).

Well, Bellicon lasted for ... one workout.
It's kinda wonky at best. I will play with it some more when I have time. I just want my technology to work right!!!

12/20/2021: CDE's reflection ride
(30 mins.), 10 mins. upper body light weights w/CDE, Core 10 mins. with Emma,
Started a Bellicon workout, but it went wonky.
That's it.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 07:05 AM  
Helen

We have arrived - an 11hout drive in the end. Alice travels so well, but then she has the whole back seat of the car built up to one level so she can lay down and see out.

Landed at 10pm.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-22-21, 07:57 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thank you for letting us know you arrived safely! Have a lovely holiday!
Cleda - So sorry to hear about your Bellicon woes. It's so frustrating, especially part way into a workout! The pity is that they have such a wide range of workouts, but issues with streaming.

12/21 - dog walk
Cathe's Boss Bands, Premix #4 Back, Tri's and something else.
Jessica's Flat Abs Walk, Day 2, which was predominately a light weight workout.