Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-03-21, 08:44 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross Trainers December 2021!

Good morning!

Finally got off my butt and did:

GHUTV Low Impact Dance it Off - 32min
YD Abs Blast - 10min

Gotta run to the office this morning. I'll check back later.

Waves to all!
Old 12-03-21, 04:43 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for starting us off, Dana!

I always forget about the new month!

Ugh - what a day it has been.

So DD woke up this morning complaining of feeling sick - she said she didn't feel well yesterday either but medicated with OTC Excederin Migraine. But today she had a low grade fever, body aches, chills, a headache and feeling of tightness in her chest. Hmmm..sounds like COVID.

So I spent quite a bit of time hunting up tests - one would think they would be easy to find - not so much. I finally found one which came up negative.

She just had another one, along w/ a flu test at the PCP. So fingers crossed we'll hear that the COVID test is negative. If the flu test is positive, not great, but better than COVID. She has had vaccines for both flu and COVID - so hopefully if she has either one it will be mild. She was planning on getting her booster after finals, so mid-December.

Anyway, she doesn't feel terrible, but she doesn't feel good either.

I'm supposed to get my booster on Sunday and my Dr said as long as I'm not symptomatic I can.

Ugh.

So...that sort of blew my morning.

Also - from my PCP my LDL cholesterol is elevated. So I do really need to make some dietary and exercise changes - I have gotten a bit lazy during the pandemic in terms of exercise and movement and my diet isn't as good as it once was. I don't want to end up taking meds so I want to make some changes. It is just barely high but has been an creeping up. I think some of it may be drinking unfiltered coffee - which I do often particularly working at home (espresso shots)
Oh, and I also need a breast ultrasound...which I have scheduled for Wed. I'm almost positive it is a cyst, but Dr wants an ultrasound.

*sigh*

Before all of the fun this morning I did:

Essentrics - Toning for Beginners - Standing and Barre

I was going to do Annie's PT for Piriformis but that is when my DD came down and told me she was sick.

Hope everyone (including me!) Has a peaceful weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 07:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My goodness Donna, you really have had a rough day! I hope your daughter is OK and that you don't have any side effects from your booster shot on Sunday. I hear you on the elevated LDL. My LDL has also been elevated lately and I too have to make some changes, but on the good note, my HDL is and has always been more than double the desirable level and that's mostly due to my lifelong exercise habit. I'm so lucky that I love to exercise! As for the diet, I've spent a lot of time reading up on new WW plan and now, I actually like what I've read. I will join on Jan 1 for 3 months and see what happens. I'm motivated to give it a real try this time around.

This morning I woke up at 3:30 am and felt fully rested so I've decided to just get out of bed, have coffee and keep Oliver company. He loved it! After I worked out, I got sucked into watching Piyo infomercial and now I think I have to revisit that set. I found Piyo/21 Day Fix calendar that I can follow for couple of weeks since I have both sets.

I hope everyone is doing well! Waves to all!
Old 12-03-21, 08:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Gosh Donna! You have had a day! Hoping DD's test comes back negative. We have kids at school right now who are testing negative for everything, but they feel pretty crappy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD's rapid test for COVID and Flu came back negative, so we are waiting on the PCR test and won't hear by Monday. She says she doesn't feel any worse. I mean, it could be just some plain old ordinary virus - you know, the kind, that pre-pandemic you just dealt with!

So far, DH and i feel fine - so that is good.

Today's workouts were a mix of various things:

Lucy Wyndham Read:

Winter Wonderland Workout - this was a new one she did w/ fun scenery.
15 Min Walking Workout at Home - Advent Challenge 2021 Day 1
7 Min Arm Challenge - Advent Challenge 2021 Day 2

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist

Piriformis workout w/ resistance band - this is my go-to lately!

Yoga w/ Bird

30 Day Challenge Day # 2 -15 Min Every Day Yoga for Beginners

Dana - My HDL is good as well. I like to exercise, but to be honest, the past few years I know I haven't been challenging myself as much as I should. I know it is fine line between doing too much and doing too little, but I really have not been doing as much as I can or probably should. Some of it is just that I deal w/ a lot of chronic back pain and some of it just has been mental and emotional stress over life issues these past few years. But, I do think for my heart health and I need to challenge myself a tad bit more - maybe I should use the recumbent bike more to increase my cardio. My LDL increasing I'm sure is from slacking on my diet...Like i said, it isn't terrible, but it is a trend I want to reverse!

Carol - yes, it was quite a day! I bet there is a lot of stuff going around now that people are gathering more. My DD goes to class and at school everyone is masked, but she works PT in a grocery store and although she wears a mask, most of the customers do not.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Donna
Old 12-04-21, 08:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

I finally got a workout in today:

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong - Total Body - 30 minutes;
Sad to say that this routine was actually a little tough for me today. I am sure feeling my age these days.

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Mixed Format with Stacey Lei 12/1/21 - 30 minutes
This was a little tough - it was about 1/2 abs and floor work and the other 1/2 was light weight work for the upper body. Stacey included some exercises that I had never done before - I'm guessing they were pilates inspired, but I don't know for sure.
Stacey's little dog always joins her for her workouts - the dog sleeps completely through them.

Not sure what tomorrow's workout will be. Part of me thinks I need to make myself work harder than the typical Silver & Fit workout I do, and the rest of me wonders what the point of that would be. Any thoughts?

Carol
Old 12-05-21, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning was:

Jessica Valent 12-12-12 workout - this is a new one for this month. She did 12 min of cardio (which was more or less body weight strength work), 12 min of weights, and 12 min of Pilates - it was a nice combo.

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine - this was a good one to finish out the workou.

I get my booster this afternoon, so I guess I will see how I feel when it comes to working out tomorrow.

My DD was better yesterday, but then started feeling sick during the evening - I think she over did things - typical for someone her age. I guess we'll see how things go. If she does have COVID, it is pretty mild at least right now. But i do wish she would take it easy - it is the only way to recover from illness! But when I was her age, I wouldn't listen either.

Anyway....

Carol - I'm in the same boat as you - I feel like I should be doing more but then I really have a hard time seeing the point to it and motivating myself to do it. I would say if you are consistent that is the most important thing - so if forcing yourself to do harder workouts will make you less consistent then it isn't worth it. I also think you have to ask yourself - what is your goal? If it is to remain independent as you get older and to be able to do all the things you want to do and if your workouts are helping you to meet that goal then you are good! For instance, I don't think it is necessary to do Cathe advanced level stuff to remain independent and do everything I want to do. Or maybe you can pick one day a week to be a push day - sort of like Pahla's template - 1 push day, active recovery and moderate the rest of the time? I'm still trying to figure out what works for me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-05-21, 11:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Burn & Build Cardio Drills - Strength. 30min
GHUTV Total Body HIIT - 30min.

Burn & Build consisted of 15min of cardio and 15min of strength. It's not my favorite. Workout was kind of choppy and had the up-and-down moves that I'm not a fan of. Total Body HIIT was excellent and tough. Chris was alone in the workout and she is an excellent and very motivating instructor. This one went into my favorites.

I cancelled both of my current pilates subscription which both expire this month. Time to move on and try something different. I'm thinking of Flow with Mira because of her superb instructing style. She's launching her new website tomorrow and is offering 50% off her regular subscription price. I think the offer is good until tomorrow. I need to get back to doing more pilates because I can feel aches and pains creeping back in.

Donna, good luck with booster shot!

Carol, follow your instincts and do what your body, not mind, tells you to do. What's the point of doing more if it fills you with dread and leaves you with injuries? Just moving our bodies every day with a little strength training and stretching is probably good enough and more than majority of people do.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 12-05-21, 08:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates Flow - 20 minutes, Standing Posture Flow - 10 minutes, Evening Unwind Pilates - 15 minutes & Back Mobility Routine - 15 minutes

My low back was hurting a lot today - a casualty of my Walk Strong workout yesterday? - so I focused on gentle pilates classes, and I'm happy to say that by the end my back was not hurting any longer.

Y'all, I think I'm just whining because I can't work out the way I used to, and I'm feeling sorry for myself. The talk on VF of new Jessica Smith DVDs caused me to pull out my JS DVDs, and it just isn't working for me anymore. I really need to purge some of my harder DVDs - Cathe STS DVDs, I'm thinking of you. I am going to jump up to the Silver & Fit Advanced strength workouts, because I think I can handle those without too much difficulty.

Dana - I saw Mira's introductory offer and bit. I do like her quite a bit and it will be interesting to see what her "programs" look like. Like you, I've dropped a lot of streaming subscriptions lately - Barre 3, Bar Method, SBF, and Jessica Valant over the last few months. I'm keeping Trifecta Pilates and may subscribe for a year since there is a significant savings.

Donna - Hope your daughter is feeling better! Our nurse texted this afternoon that her son was still feeling really bad and had finally tested positive for Flu A. She texted a little later that they were admitting him to the hospital (assuming they could find a bed at the other hospital) because his oxygen levels were so low.

Carol
Old 12-05-21, 08:56 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, I too have decided to subscribe to Flow with Mira and I'm also interested in what her programs will look like. Her instructions are truly superb and I felt good just by previewing her youtube videos. I've also done some of them too. I need to do more pilates.