Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-21, 01:33 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, this baby blanket is my annual Christmas Eve gift. We bring baby gifts to church on Christmas Eve and they are later delivered to the local women's shelter.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 03:13 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Rant alert. Boy, I must be a mean evil person. Other than my SO and his son, daughter, and nephew, no one in real life or at VF told me Happy Birthday yesterday. Like I told you Diana, I feel like I don't belong here and my friends in two check-ins just proved it. Yes it's a minor little thing. Rant over.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 03:48 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday (a day late) Linda! Of course you belong here and we love you!

I have my laptop set to go right to the check-in; I don't usually start with the page that has birthdays in the fine print.

Check-in: walked in downtown Monterey doing errands and having lunch with DD.
Old 12-07-21, 10:23 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Tomorrow I am getting my shingles vaccine. Yikes!

Linda I'm sorry about not acknowledging your birthday. Sometimes I think I am busier now than I was while I was working. I never even look at the Birthday list anymore. I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick as to whether or not you belong here.

Check-In: JS Strength Interval Walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 06:49 AM  
seabliss

I began feeling better late afternoon yesterday, even a lot different from the morning. Then this morning dramatically better, with energy as well. So the antibiotics kicked in! Still randomly coughing and need to be mindful but the sickness is broken. Yes, bronchitis. I did a 12-minute upper body circuit by Zanna this morning and then felt good enough to repeat it. Not ready for anything with cardio or full-body movements yet.

Linda, I'm sorry, I don't even know how to know it is someone's birthday on VF! If I don't know how to do this, I imagine most other people probably don't either. Also, I did not check in yesterday. I hope you did have a wonderful birthday! And I hope that you are feeling much better from your infection.

Cynthia, how are you feeling today? Hopefully you are going uphill and not down.

Lynn, we here in Portugal are kind of surprised about the dire warnings, and the way countries are being shut down or out, without real data. (Also, we see a lot of "world" news here as opposed to what people in the US see, so that's been interesting.) Portugal has slightly rising cases right now, but not alarming. Hardly any people are being hospitalized and the death count remains extremely low. Based on current data, the new variant, while contagious, is very mild. The government here is very conservative and had already decided to put some rules in place for December and the first week of January as preventative measures before the variant came out.

When DH went into the hospital in the States last February, his bills were written off "for covid relation" even though he tested negative for covid. Marking cases as covid-related in the US means $$ for the hospitals, and we know of others who have had this happen as well. So this makes it hard to know the real numbers even there.

Diana, prayers that your shingles vaccine doesn't bother you at all!
Old 12-08-21, 09:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Steps from yesterday: 7,059

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-08-21, 03:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sorry for the outburst. My 85 yr old friend from where I grew up says this birthday is hard because I'm the same age as my parents when they died. Makes sense to me.

Old 12-08-21, 06:14 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

This whole forum is fine print. If I couldn't enlarge the print I'd never see it. I failed the eye test for my drivers license because there was absolutely nothing on that screen.

I did a beginner/refresher Barre on SBF. If I follow the cueing absentmindedly I might dislocate the replaced hip so Barre might not be best even tho I enjoy it.

Old 12-08-21, 09:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Leslie's You Can Do Pilates.

Cheryl, glad the antibiotics helped you. I'm starting to feel better too.
Old 12-08-21, 09:50 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

My friend took me to get my shingles vaccine, we went for lunch and did an hour walk. I took an antihistamine and tylenol. So far everything is OK. I think the last time it started off with a headache. I don't have anything planned for the next two days.

I'm not sure if I mentioned what I have been doing in my "spare time". The lady I walk with from church runs the church office. She is visually impaired and actually legally blind. The computers at the church were outdated. We updated the computers but the accounting program situation has been a bit of a challenge. We still don't have that figured out. I don't want to run the office myself. We have a new software for church membership, etc that I am doing. I am also being the eyes for Ms. Nancy and helping her that way with the accounting, banking, etc. I don't want to take on that responsibility myself but I will be her eyes and do what she says. Getting these systems up and running have been keeping me busy. I enjoy working with this lady. I personally feel we should hire someone but they have not decided to do that, yet. Another deacon's wife is retiring in a year. I don't know if she would want to do it but she is qualified to run the office. We'll see what happens.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana