Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-22-21, 06:13 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a shoulder workout from Zanna, and then I watched a video on Youtube while I did my own workout for the rest of the upper body. I also got more than 17k steps, more than 7 miles. My back is hurting--I think from all the walking on cobblestones with probably not the best boots.

Linda, I have always felt more comfortable with shopping online. I'm not much of a shopper, really. But it is nice to go into little shops on pedestrian-only streets and browse outdoor Christmas markets for gifts. I much prefer that to any kind of mall or department store shopping. DH and I have always liked going into little shops in small towns, and this is kind of like that. Except a lot more walking, lol.

Lynn, glad to hear that you liked your Barre 3 weight training session. They must be getting better!

Diana, have a great trip! It sounds wonderful.

Our Christmas won't be quite as great because the Prime Minister just announced a big lockdown starting Christmas Eve, where you have to have an antigen or PCR test just to go to a restaurant (you can eat outdoors without one, but it's supposed to be raining). Maybe we will still be able to go to cafes, which are categorized differently from restaurants for some reason. That would help. No gatherings of more then ten people. So it sounds like the Christmas carol singing at church will be canceled Christmas Eve. So we are going to see what we can do! I don't know anyone here with covid, nor have I heard of anyone. The Portuguese government is very conservative on covid measures.
Old 12-22-21, 06:29 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day.

Church choir practice tonight. We all wear masks. During church services, only the choir sings. The director of music is our rehearsal and Sunday accompanist. We also have an organist, but he's old and not in good health due to congestive heart failure. People do things to help him. I supply him with pancakes once a month.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 07:19 PM  
seabliss

No workout but again more than 7 miles of walking. At least it was not entirely with a backpack like yesterday.

Cynthia, I wish I could enjoy your pancakes sometime.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!
Old 12-23-21, 08:39 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

My SO took me to Urgent Care today because the excruciating back pain is still with me. The Dr thinks I tore muscle(s). She gave me different meds from what I was taking. If I don't have improvement in a week I have to see a spine Dr. Lucky for me I already have one. The very bad news is I'm allowed to do nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 09:07 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The resort is really nice. A lot of walking areas. We did some shopping today. DH and I both bought a pair of shoes. My friend bought 3 pairs and her DH bought 2 pairs. Food has been awesome! We have a gas fireplace in our room and I love it.

Linda
That's terrible news. I'm praying things will improve quickly.

I have been walking daily.

Steps from yesterday: 9,742

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 09:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, praying for relief for you.

Diana, I love gas fireplaces! I never thought I would. I have a wood-burning one at home. When I had my knitting vacation, my room (well, the living room in the penthouse; the only time I will ever get to have a penthouse) had a gas fireplace with a remote clicker to turn it on and off. No worries about sparks when I went to bed. Morning coffee - click - instant warmth. Enjoy your fabulous vacation!

Cheryl, do they have buttermilk in Portugal? Probably no maple syrup.

Hi to Lynn.

Check-in: Kettlenetics Target Toning core & stretch.
Old 12-24-21, 08:17 AM  
seabliss

No workout today--I think my body needs rest. It feels very nice to sit. I do need to do some cooking and baking though.

Linda, praying that the pain stops!

Diana, the resort and vacation sound perfect. Glad you have your friends to enjoy it with!

Cynthia, I was looking for your pancake recipe this morning and couldn't find it. It may be in my email somewhere. There is no buttermilk that I can find, but I do have a lemon and milk. Not as good but it might do in a pinch. I did find real maple syrup, which is also a challenge.

Cheryl
Old 12-24-21, 12:13 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 yoga flow

Linda, so sorry about the back pain and hoping you recover soon.

Diana, your resort and shopping spree sound lovely. I love my gas fireplace, which we put in several years ago (and we have a remote for it, and even two settings, high and low). The only problem this year is the hot weather!

Cynthia, sounds like you are warming up for some Xmas pancakes!

Cheryl, that's a lot of walking. Have fun baking. DS has been doing the baking around here. Good you found maple syrup. There was a shortage this year in North America, but Canada made up for it by releasing syrup from its maple syrup reserves. Can you believe that they keep syrup in reserves there? So we don't have issues here.

Wishing everyone a great Xmas!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 02:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, sent you an email with pancake recipe attachment.

Lynn, yes, I was tickled also by the idea of maple syrup reserves! But glad they had some.

My Christmas morning pancakes are like a big popover in a cast iron pan, baked. I've heard some people call it a Dutch baby (which sounds creepy to me!). I use this recipe that I clipped from the NY Times Sunday magazine decades ago. Their title for the recipe is "David Eyre's Pancake," but I have no idea who he was. Very easy, and fun. And yummy.

Preheat oven to 425*

Combine in mixing bowl, leave the batter a little lumpy:
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
pinch of nutmeg

Melt 2 Tb. butter in a 12-inch cast iron skillet (original recipe says 4 TB but IMO that's too much)
When very hot, pour in batter. Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown.

I like it with maple syrup.

The original recipe says to sprinkle it with 2 Tb confectioners' (this is from the NYT, note the placement of the apostrophe LOL) sugar; return briefly to the oven. Sprinkle with juice of half a lemon, Serve with jelly, jam, or marmalade.
Old 12-24-21, 02:59 PM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,126

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote