Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-21, 11:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Merry Christmas!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 08:36 AM  
SandyO

Crazy. Another year almost gone.

2022 Jan Thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232168
Old 12-27-21, 08:49 AM  
buffmama

week 5

12/27:
Pilates & Yoga with Katja Day 7/24 Standing Balance & Stability - 17 min
Gone Adventuring 10 min Intense Abs with soft ball - 10. min
danielpt fitness Sweaty FB KB HIIT/Soaked - 34 min
MrandMrsMuscle Day 11/12 Christmas Challenge - 9. min
Pilates & Yoga with Katja Day 21/24 Stretch & Flexibility - 24 min

12/28:
Kait Coats 20 min Pilates Mat for Abs, Butt & Thighs - 21 min
danielpt fitness KB Upper Body Strength/Tear - 32 min
MrandMrsMuscle Day 12/12 Christmas Challenge - 14 min
Pilates & Yoga with Katja Day 12/24 Pilates Yoga Flow Peaceful & Quiet Within - 20 min, not enough pilates or yoga for me

12/29:
Well + Good Pilates Core + Glutes - 10 min
Kait Coats Pilates Arms with Small Weights - 11 min, wow
danielpt fitness KB Legs + Glutes - 32 min, no dread here
Jessica Valant Pilates Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 min

12/30:
Pilates & Yoga with Katja Day 22/24 Pilates Abs Series of 5 - 20 min
daneilpt fitness No Repeat No Equipment HIIT DRTY - 31 min
Cole Chance Yoga Yin Yoga Love for Relaxation - 31 min

12/31:
Workout Hotel Ab, Butt & Leg Mini Ball - 16 min
danielpt fitnes DB + BW Upper Body Strength - 31 min
Jessica Richburg 20. min FB Yin - 21 min - I was OK til it ended in malasana - why?!
Old 12-29-21, 10:34 AM  
Vantreesta

-8 degrees at the moment. High of 10 today and now they're saying high of -5 for Saturday. I imagine we will be back in the 20s for highs before long, we'll see.

I've been so bad about posting my workouts. Last Thu and Fri I did short yoga practices on YouTube at my father-in-law's. I also went for a short walk on Christmas. It snowed all day and the road hadn't been plowed so it was short and slow bc it was a lot of work! Yesterday I foam rolled for half an hour and did a Yoga in Practice practice. Later I shoveled for just under an hour. I haven't managed yoga every day for my sadhana but have at least done some meditation. I need to go catch up my post on that check in and here.

I'm binge watching Supernatural. I never heard about it when the show first started but it is so my kind of show so when I saw in October that TNT was rerunning the entire series I started recording it. Thankfully my friend has the first 6 seasons on DVD bc our DVR isn't that big. I watched all of season 1 and the first two episodes of season 2 and deleted the rest through season 6 before I went to my dad's. Since we got home Sunday, I have finished season 2 and watched the first three episodes of season 3. The DVR is over 80% full and is only that show and a few yoga, with new episodes returning next week of current shows, so I have a ton of watching to do so I don't lose anything on the DVR. Most of the seasons have 22-23 episodes!

Dentist appt this afternoon. Unfortunately, I lost a filling eating gummy vitamins this morning. Roll eyes. Just glad they can get me in today!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 01:28 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
-8 degrees at the moment. High of 10 today and now they're saying high of -5 for Saturday. I imagine we will be back in the 20s for highs before long, we'll see.

Dentist appt this afternoon. Unfortunately, I lost a filling eating gummy vitamins this morning. Roll eyes. Just glad they can get me in today!
It was a cold drive to the grocery this morning for me, but it is so pretty with the fresh snow and blue sky.

I guess I'm lucky I have receding gums, so gummy/caramel things hurt to eat, so I never do. I don't have many fillings, but I'd hate to lose one.
Old 12-31-21, 08:39 AM  
SandyO

Woo Hoo. I finished the 24 day Caroline Challenge. I think it got tougher by the end. I really liked the shorter workouts, so I think I will do this series again, but first I'm going to take a lighter week with seven days of Action Jacquelyn: two 20 minute workouts then the 5 day booty lifting series each 30 minutes.
Old 01-01-22, 06:40 AM  
Helen

SANDY
• Congratulations on finished the Caroline Challenge - I know it wasn't easy.

VANNIE
• -8 to 10 F = -22 to -12C WHOAH - that's SOOOO cold!!! Our weather has been fantastic! Nothing over 30C (86F) and rarely that high.
• My daughter's flatmate was a huge Supernatural fan. I'll have to look, since DH is away until the 12th, I need something for the evenings.

BUFF
Look at YOU - pushing it every day to the end!

Hey all - I hope to return this year.
GOOD/BAD
Did a workout with my DD24, who prides herself on being fit and strong - she's in the army reserves and the fitness criteria are tough.

We did one of her written upper body weights workouts over Christmas.
She used 8kg (17.6lb) handweights for both shoulder presses and bicep curls, and 6kg (13.2lb) for tricep kickbacks.
I matched her, and readily pushed out the reps/sets where she struggled a bit on them all. (YAY ME!) but when it came to BODY-weight exercises (pushups, tricep dips) it was the other way around. So... when the weight you're using is too heavy (BODY-weight), reduce the weight.

So... I have my work cut out for me in the coming year.

My sister is also on a mission to reach goal-weight. After having dropped almost 100lb a couple of years ago, she hit a plateau that she's never broken - when she reached the same weight as me! Could be a bit of psychology going on there.

My Christmas - drove to Melbourne (11-hr drive) to be with family. DH travelled from the farm (8 hrs). Spent Boxing Day with DD's BF's family to meet them. Crappy part was that one of the Aunties tested Covid+ 2 days later. I got the sniffles, then full-blown blocked sinuses and nasty cough - got tested, negative (!!) - just weird coincidence of timing - must have caught a cold somewhere I'd stopped along the way (masked every time). Only lasted 3 days, but the middle day was rough. Have since heard that the Auntie stayed on at the house she had been visiting for a week instead of going home to isolate, and now others have it as well. SMH

Looking forward to 2022 with you all.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote