Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-21, 12:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - 7 Day Series Day # 6 - Fusion Bootcamp (sshh...don't tell Ellen I went out of order, LOL! I didn't do Day # 5 yesterday but i may do it tomorrow along w/ Day # 7!)

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy (You Tube) - Back Pain with Tight Iliopsoas Stretching and Strengthening - I'm finding a lot of good stuff on this channel!! This one contained some exercises that were similar to the program I did earlier this week for the piriformis. I think the bottom line for me (no pun intended) is that i need to work on strengthening and activating my glutes and hips. These practices end up making me feel better right away - I think b/c it wakes up the muscles that are asleep on the job. I do need to stay consistent with it though and that is always a challenge.

Dana - DH and I rarely do presents, it is either a trip, a dinner out, or something for the house. There is not much I want these days - at least not material stuff - so it seems silly to buy something just for the sake of buying it.

Carol - glad you made it back home!

Waves, Brenda - sounds like a busy month for you. Which booster did you get?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 08:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Finally, a workout -

Walk - 20 minutes
Trifecta Pilates - Pilates 101 - 25 minutes

This was just what my back wanted! I guess I had done too much sitting over the last few days. I got part of my Christmas decorating done today. I'll work on the tree tomorrow. DS is not feeling the greatest tonight. Hoping we didn't bring something home with us.

Donna - Ellen is going to be mad at you. Those workouts must be done in that precise order...

Brenda - Good to hear from you. So glad that PT has helped your elbow!

Dana - Good workouts! Yes, it is great to be back home. WW's periodic revamping of their program drove me nuts. I'm so glad that I've been able to put all that behind me.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - 7 Day Series Day # 5 - Yogini Sculpt

Later on today I will probably walk and/or do some PT type exercises or a stretch.

Carol - glad your workout helped - sitting too long for travel always does me in.

I scheduled my COVID Booster for next Sunday....hoping for minimal side effects!!

Take care!!

Donna
Old 11-28-21, 10:00 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

I scheduled my COVID Booster for next Sunday....hoping for minimal side effects!!

Take care!!

Donna
Donna,

I had minimal side effects from my Moderna booster. I was tired the next day and spent most of it on the couch, but that was it. No fever, chills or overwhelming malaise. Sadly, my 70 year old brother has vowed that he is not taking any more Covid vaccines. He claimed to have information that "would rock my world". I told him no thanks. I wanted to add that I had already heard every crazy theory out there but didn't.

Carol
Old 11-28-21, 10:18 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sunday: step while watching Survivor

Donna, I received the Pfizer booster. I had the J&J shot back in April and I wanted to mix up the different types.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today:

Ellen - Power and Balance - I really like this one a lot. It reminds me of her studio workouts.

Jessica Valent - Glutes on the Mat

I'm really trying to incorporate glute and hip strengthening as often as possible. I think the lack of strength in those areas is a prime cause for my back and hip pain.

Carol and Brenda - thanks! I guess we shall see - hopefully nothing major in terms of side effects from my booster!!

Oh my goodness, Carol, on your brother. Ugh! I don't know why otherwise rational and sane people are reacting this way. It is really mind boggling. After hearing about the South African variant I decided to up my timetable for getting the booster.

Donna
Old 11-29-21, 09:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Kickboxing + Core 1 - 45min. It was OK workout but not much of kickboxing. Mostly UB moves and again, the format was standing/floor etc. I modified and did some of the floor core standing up. Still got a good workout.

Carol, I have a BiL like your brother. In order to maintain good family relations, I remain civil and polite, but I don't enjoy his company. It's my dh's brother but fortunately my dh couldn't be more different than he is. I guess if he was the same a his brother, we wouldn't be married.

I gained a pound over Thanksgiving which is no surprise to me. Soups, salads and veggies for me this week.

Happy Monday to all!
Old 11-29-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts -

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Penny 11/26/21 - 30 minutes
This was a bit more advanced than the intermediate cardio workouts usually are. Or maybe I was tired...

Trifecta Pilates - Unwind Miniball Routine - 20 minutes
A Beginner Level workout with some interesting ball variations.

My brother has always been someone who could easily fall into the conspiracy theory blackhole. He also thinks that Trump won by a landslide. Sigh. And boo hiss on the variant. Our hospitalization numbers are already climbing.

Carol
Old 11-30-21, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We got a reprieve from going into the office today! My boss wasn't feeling well. So I'm happy to be working from home today.

Today's workouts were:

Angie Fitness TV - Holiday Power Walk (You Tube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAn4WsjOP1c

This was a fun walking workout - not overly challenging, but fun.

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - Piriformis Syndrome - Mobility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQ_k4Wk8C4

After the new year I may re-try Angie Fitness TV's "over 40" program - I started it last year and didn't finish it - it looks manageable - 30 minutes or so a day. And, it is a 30 day program, but I will do best if I don't force myself to finish it in 30 days to allow for some variety here and there.

Donna
Old 11-30-21, 08:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength with Keli 11/30/21 - 30 minutes
This workout used resistance tubing with handles and consisted of 3 sets of single-sided exercise triplets, i.e., a lower body exercise, an upper body exercise and then a third exercise putting the previous two exercises together. Each exercise was done for 50 seconds.

Trifecta Pilates - Core Connection Workout - 15 minutes
I hadn't done this Beginner workout in a while and it was harder than I remembered. I've been slacking...

Carol