Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-23-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen's 7 Day Challenge Day # 2- Power 15
Ellen's new Inner and Outer Thigh Workout - this was just what it says it is - she did some standing and some floor work.

It is sunny today so I hope to get some fresh air on a dog walk!

Carol - the chemical stress test sounds terrible - I would hate that - I hope you get good results, soon. I'm guessing if they saw something really concerning it would have been obvious during the test? I hope you get some peace and quiet and a break from the school drama. I remember when my DD went on her 8th grade trip, they went to Florida. I'm sure the parents in my area would now protest that - for the opposite reason that your parents are protesting California....(where is the shaking head and rolling eyes emoji?)
I need to get back to some more traditional Pilates as well - and I really do need to explore the Silver & Fit channel more - there is so much there. Not to mention Lauren's Senior Shape. Maybe I can do 3 strength workouts from Silver & Fit, 2 workouts from Lauren and 2 Cardios a week - and then then throw in Pilates add-ons.

Dana - Oliver sounds sweet. Why isn't he feeling well? My DD and i are back to volunteering at the animal shelter, we spend a lot of time w/ the cats and rabbits there. We like to work with the dogs, too, but many of them are pit bulls and very strong so hard to control on walks. I did walk a little pit bull the other day - she was small so didn't pull quite as hard as some of the other ones.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 08:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Feeling lazy this morning so once again - no workout to report. My hair appt is in an hour, so I won't get anything in before that. Maybe after, although dh and I have to do some last minute shopping for Thanksgiving.

Carol, I agree with Donna that the chemical stress test sounds awful. I don't blame you for not agreeing to do that again. I hope you get your results soon and all's well.

Donna, Oliver got his rabies and distemper shots yesterday. The vet also poked and probed him in undignified ways which he didn't like. After his shots he was tired, sleepy and clearly under the weather the rest of the day, and even lost his ever-present smile. I'm glad to say that this morning, he's back to his adorable self, and his smile is back!

Waving hi to everyone!
Old 11-23-21, 09:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana - so glad that Oliver is back to his usual self!

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Focused Pilates Class - Beginner Level - 45 minutes

This is actually 3 of the workouts from Beth's newer 7 day Beginner series that have been edited into one workout. It works pretty well. This one covered abs and back, legs and upper body. I bet I'm sore tomorrow.

Donna - I will say that the strength workouts from Silver & Fit are pretty decent and no or low dread workouts. I also like the Mixed Format workouts that Stacey Lei leads - they combine strength and flexibility, usually using light weights and a mat.

We will hit the road in the morning to go to my brother's for Thanksgiving. Be back on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I took the day off - doing some food prep - I did a ton of it on Sunday - so this is just the final bits!

Today's workouts:

Reps to the Rhythm - ABBA walk - this is my first time doing one of these workouts and it was really fun - no verbal cues, just music and he was very good and cuing the moves w/out speaking. I would definitely do more of these from this channel - I can see them being very good for getting extra steps/activity in during the winter when walking outside is less than appealing.

Gin B/Up to the Beat Fitness - I continued the ABBA theme and did her ABBA walk. This was much more fast paced - but still enjoyable.

Ellen - 7 Day Series - Day # 3 - Core Yoga

Yesterday I went for a short dog walk in the afternoon as a break from my desk but it was cold and windy. I also did the Piriformis exercises from Annie Pilates Physical Therapy (on You Tube). I'm cautiously optimistic about these as I think a huge step in the right direction is getting strength back into my hips and glutes.

Carol - thanks for the Silver & Fit recommendations! Have a safe trip!

Dana - I have been feeling less than motivated lately. I did enjoy the cardio workouts I did this morning - fun and not too taxing mentally. Did you ever get the Pumpkin Cheesecake?

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 11-25-21, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today's workouts were:

Grow With Jo - Total Beginner Walk - this was another w/ just verbal cues. I just find Jo adorable. But, this was not as much fun as Reps to the Rhythm. (20 min)

Ellen - 7 Day Series Day # 4 - Quick Cardio (15 min)

Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates - Full Body Workout Gratitude Focus - I did the version that is in her Unlimited site, but I think she has a shorter version on You Tube.

Yesterdy I managed to squeeze in a dog walk and Jessica Valent's Hip Pain routine.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday!!

Donna
Old 11-25-21, 10:39 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No workout yet today. Just put the turkey in the oven, made my cranberry sauce yesterday and all other sides will be quick to make.

Donna, yes. My dh found his cheesecake. It's not a full pumpkin cheesecake but plain cheesecake with pumpkin swirl going through it. He's happy with it and if he's happy, so am I.

We plan to watch football all day but maybe not the Bears. I can't take any more humiliation.

Waves!
Old 11-26-21, 12:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workouts for today:

Reps to the Rhythm - Combat Cardio -this was a light low impact cardio kickbox. It wasn't too difficult cardio -wise and easy to follow.

Jessica Valent -A little bit of everything - this was just what it said - Jessica did some Pilates exercises as well as some traditional strength work.

Our Thanksgiving went well. DD's BF seemed to enjoy himself.

Anyone doing any Black Friday shopping? I really have nothing on my list to buy, I think for Xmas this year my DD just wants money to put towards a dressage saddle.

And DH and I bought new living room furniture - so that is our gift.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-26-21, 04:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

Back from Thanksgiving with the crazy folks. DS and I were glad to get back a little early this afternoon. We've already picked up the dogs from the kennel and they are thrilled to be home (as well as a bit tired). No workouts to report - I think our hotel was made from cardboard, the walls felt so thin - and I opted not to disturb my neighbors by exercising. I might tonight, but we will see.

No Black Friday shopping for me. The only thing I'm really interested in would be a discounted Trifecta Pilates subscription and I haven't see any offers for that yet.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 07:05 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: step and hand weights

November has been really busy. I graduated from physical therapy and am mostly recovered, so yay!! I went to Michigan for work, which wasn't good for my IBS picky gut. Then a week later I got my booster shot. I'm so thankful to have had it, but my body took a while to recover. So my November workouts have been sporadic. I really want to do an "every day in December" challenge to get myself back in the habit of doing actual workouts.

Carol, I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your stress test.

Dana, that's a crazy raccoon story!! We have raccoons around here but have yet to take one for a ride, as far as we know.

Hello, everyone!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 09:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Finally something to report:

Gina B Total Body Circuit 2 DVD. WU, UB section, CD + Bonus 12 min Abs. Total about 47min. I wasn't planning doing this workout but I wanted something upbeat with no dread and this DVD fit the bill.

As usual I woke up early and spent some time looking at youtube videos describing new WW plan for 2022. It's probably much easier and less time consuming than it sounds, especially when you get the hang of it but still, tracking and planning sounds like a full time job to me. I'm still thinking of joining for 3 months at the beginning of the year to see if I can get a kickstart on weightloss. I was successful on their Points plan several years ago, so hopefully, it'll work for me this time.

Hi Brenda! Good to "see" you! Sounds like your Nov was indeed very busy. I'm glad to hear that you're mostly recovered after your PT.

Donna, new living room furniture sounds like the best gift ever! Glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well.

Carol, good to hear that you survived your Thanksgiving. It's wonderful to get back home to the comfort and sanity of your our own homes, isn't it?

I'm not doing any Black Friday shopping either. I have everything I need and nothing I want. We're not planning to exchange Xmas gifts this year, but my birthday is right after Xmas and my dh is bugging me for ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have any.

Waves to all!