Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-21, 08:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV LIFT Cardio and Core - 30min
GHUTV LIFT Upper Body - 30min

Both were good workouts but each alternated between standing and floor work and that's not my favorite format. I prefer all standing or all floor done at once. This up and down doesn't work for me so I substituted some moves. I did get a good workout though this morning and feel great right now.

Carol, you reminded me that I should schedule my next massage but it will have to wait until December. Next week Oliver is going to the vet for his check up and shots, and the following day I have a hair appointment. Then, of course, there is Thanksgiving. I will have to go to the office on Wednesday before, so the whole week will be very busy for me.

Donna, sad indeed about your DD BF's family. Family relationships can be very complicated and frankly, I'm glad that neither I nor my dh has any family close by. Neither one of us is very sociable so it suits us.

I have to go to the office this morning so I have to get ready. Hope everyone has a good day. Waves to all!
Old 11-17-21, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday - I had to go into the office...we are back to going in every other Tuesday - and I'm just so out of practice in that regard. But here are my workouts:

Tuesday - Ellen - Abs & Arms

Wed - Ellen - Barre Conditioning

I'm following her 10 Day Kick Start plan today was Day 6, so I just have 4 more to go.

After I finish this I'm thinking that I really need to up the ante. I'm feeling flabby and out of shape - but the trick is to find something that I can do w/out feeling burned out and achey.

I was thinking about PowerFit or maybe doing one of Jessica Smith's rotations - either Healthy for the Holidays - which is a 5 day a week plan or her Calm & Strong rotation. I may do Healthy For the Holidays since it is that time of year.

But I just feel the need to do some more challenging workouts for fear of losing too much strength and then not being able to do them. If you know what I mean.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day - back to the work from home routine today.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 06:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Man oh man! What a day! Early in the morning my dh drove to the dealership to buy and install 2 new tires on his car. The drive was about 20 minutes. After about 15 minutes of wait, service manager runs into the waiting room and informs him they found a live raccoon underneath the hood. HUGE raccoon! They had to push the car outside to try to carefully get the raccoon out of there, but it wouldn't budge. It took 8 guys about 45 minutes to finally chase him away, but not before the raccoon destroyed the hood insulation and chewed through the positive battery cable. What was supposed to take 30min and $300 for new tires took about 4 hours and an additional $550 for the damage caused by the raccoon. If I could attach the picture here of that raccoon so that you can see the size of it, I would, but for some reason it's really hard to attach pictures here. My Oliver is about 17 lbs and is very large, but this raccoon was absolutely huge and looked even larger than Oliver! I don't know how he got underneath the hood or why. Last night was in the upper 50s and quite warm. My husband drives his car almost every day so it never just sits there. Yes, we park our cars outside because my dh toys are in the garage. I'm just glad that nobody got hurt or bitten by the raccoon. What a day! You get up, expecting another routine day and weird stuff happens. We don't live in a rural area, but there is a park across the street and a lot of green areas by us. Nothing left for us to do at this point but to laugh it off. I am going to check underneath my hood from now on every time I get in my car though.
Old 11-17-21, 09:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Jenny Ford - Walk Across America: Connecticut - 30 minutes;
Good basic cardio workout filmed in New London Connecticut.

Classical Stretch - Season 12, Episode 30 - 23 minutes
This CS was more gentle than the one I did yesterday - this one had a little bit of standing work and quite a bit of stretching on the floor. I enjoyed it and the scenery.

Dana - I don't like workouts with a lot of up and down - it didn't used to bother me, but it does now. That's wild about the racoon! Oh man - wonder if your insurance would cover any of the damage?

Donna - I know what you mean about losing strength and fitness. It seems to be happening to me despite my best efforts to prevent it.

We had another positive case today in our problem grade and we are sending a lot of kids home with diarrhea and vomiting (and some are testing positive with absolutely no other symptoms). Our case numbers are rising again in town and our hospitalization numbers are rising as well. No one seems to have a clue why (other than the fact that folks won't get vaccinated or wear a mask). We are closed all week next week for Thanksgiving and have decided to start that break a day early - no school after tomorrow.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
\
Dana That's wild about the racoon! Oh man - wonder if your insurance would cover any of the damage?
Carol
Nope. We have $1K deductible. We haven't filed any claims in the past 20+ years - if ever. Back in January of this year someone backed into my car but it wasn't my fault so this wasn't against me and USAA had recovered the costs from the other party's insurance. This cost is all on us. Because of the rodent. Ugh.

Carol, enjoy your time off
Old 11-18-21, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did a 1 Mile walk from Leslie's Walk at Home You Tube channel - it was with Rocky. I like Rocky! I just needed to do something because I felt terrible from sitting all day.

Today, so far I have done:

Body Groove - Classic Grooves - Swing - this was nice for a change of pace, I'm having trouble finding motivation so I thought something different would be good.

Ellen's Mindful Meditation - this was Day 7 of her 10 Day Kick Start series.

Dana - that is some story about the racoon! We actually had field mice get into our cars early on the pandemic when we were not going anywhere. We do live in the x-burbs, and we have field mice and other critters here. They mostly tore up some stuff in our hatchback for nests.

Carol - head shaking.....glad school will be closed for a bit - hopefully that settles the outbreak down.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-18-21, 08:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

No workout for me today. I had a haircut after work and then spent 30 minutes on the phone wishing my ex-sister in law happy birthday. After that, it was time to eat. I might squeeze a Classical Stretch episode in before bed, but I kind of doubt it.

So glad for a break from school right now. People are just over the top right now and generally acting crazy - everything is a battle to the death - for example, parents are upset because the 8th grade trip is going to Catalina Island in California. Who knows why, other than it's a state controlled by Democrats/Liberals. Maybe some Thanksgiving cheer will take the edge off for all of us. And hopefully the CoVid stuff will settle down, but honestly, I'm thinking it will just accelerate after Thanksgiving since we have so many folks out here who are not vaccinated - 60%.

Carol
Old 11-19-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On a whim today I did a random workout -

Cindy Crawford's New Dimension - this was a post partum workout she did many years ago. It has 3 workout segments, I did segment C which is the longest one. I enjoyed it - some light cardio and light toning. I skipped the abs which just looked like a long series of crunches. But it was a nicely done and produced workout - pretty scenery and popular (at the time) vocal music. (This workout is on You Tube, btw)

I then added on:

Caroline Sandry - Level 1 from 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates

Allaire Back Fitness - Episode 1

I should be more consistent w/ Allaire - I think it could be beneficial. But I get distracted easily.

Carol - I hope the school break brings some sanity to things - although these days, everything, like you said is a fight to the death. (rolling eyes)

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 11-19-21, 08:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Just a quick wave this morning since I have no workout to report. I woke up at 2am and stayed up until 4:30 when I finally fell asleep. As a consequence, I overslept and have no time to work out before I head out to the office this morning. I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 11-19-21, 07:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Leslie Sansone - Walk 15 - Mile 2 - 14 minutes & Steel City Legs - 10 minutes; This mile was led by Nick - just walking, no strength. Steel City Legs used dumbbells; pretty scenery with the changing leaves of Pittsburgh in the fall.

Classical Stretch - Connective Tissue Workout - 25 minutes
This one was filmed in Jamaica and moved fairly slowly. All standing work.

Carol