Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-21, 07:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Gentle Foundational Flow Beginner Level - 30 minutes

The idea of this flow is that it would help prepare you to do the rollover, but there were no rollover type moves. Yes, there was ab work, plenty of leg work and some arm work, along with quite a bit of stretching, but no rollovers. Don't think they are in my future.

Donna - I tried Callanetics but never felt the love. Yes, there is a ton of attention to detail. Maybe it works better in person, with hands on adjustments.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 06:51 AM  
donnamp

Carol - that was what I was thinking re: Callanetics - it is hard to know if you are doing it correctly from a video and it takes the fun out of it.

I'm probably going to sub to Trifecta today.....maybe.....we'll see if I can hold out.

I hesitate b/c I still have my Jessica Valent subscription....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 12:41 PM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

This morning I did:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2

Callanetics Rehab - Daily Stretch - this was 10 min but included some of the exercises that were in the longer workout I did yesterday. I do like this one. I may experiment more with Callanetics during my 7 day free trial. The only thing that concerns me with it is the pelvic tuck...that tends to disagree with my back quite a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-07-21, 07:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I have no workout to report for today. I slept very poorly, kept waking up every couple of hours and as a result, I felt tired and had no energy or motivation to do anything all day. I hope I feel more motivated to check in tomorrow with a workout.

Waves to all!
Old 11-07-21, 08:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

GHUTV - Walk, Sweat & Sculpt - Lower Body - 30 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Series - Lower Body - 10 minutes

Enjoyed both of these today!

Donna - I was thinking that Callanetics did incorporate the pelvic tuck a lot and wondered how that would work for you. A "Daily Stretch" does sound good though!

Dana - I hear you on not sleeping well. If I could just sleep decently 2 or 3 nights in a row it would be wonderful, but that just isn't happening.

Carol
Old 11-08-21, 10:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling rushed today - I think b/c of having an early meeting. ugh.

It is good that we fell back over the weekend though as it helps me to get up earlier....so I did manage to get my workout done:

Lively Ladies - Walk for Every Day Fitness - this was a longer workout - at about 45 min and 5,000 steps. It was what I would call Low Intensity Steady State Cardio. I do find steady state cardio to be very relaxing, so that is a good thing and I did rack up the steps in this one. I also just like Trish and working out w/ her!

YWK - Post Workout Stretch w/ Kitten this was a nice one to do after the longer cardio workout.

Yesterday I did manage to get a dog walk in and in the evening I did YWK - Evening Yoga Movement Day # 2.

Dana - my sleep has been terrible lately! Saturday I really needed to nap b/c I didn't sleep well Thurs or Fri. Yesterday was a little bit better....

Carol - I'm going to cancel Callanetics before I get charged...but I do like the 10 min daily stretch - I think I could find other similar stretches on You Tube by checking out Somatics type programs. When I couldn't sleep last night I went on-line to join Trifecta, but I must have just missed it - oh well, it is for the best - I have enough to keep busy for now!! And, I can always use her You Tube workouts if needed!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-08-21, 08:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me today. I got absolutely no sleep last night - I was having pain in the left shoulder blade area all night long and it was pretty bad and kept me awake. Motrin did nothing for the pain.

I still have it tonight and I can't think of any reason why that would be happening. My blood pressure was way too high this morning when the school nurse took it, but I guess that could be the lack of sleep. Left shoulder blade pain can be a sign of heart problems in women and the cardiologist wants to see me tomorrow. Fingers crossed until then!

Carol
Old 11-08-21, 08:18 PM  
donnamp

Oh goodness, Carol, please keep us posted. Hopefully it is nothing....

Donna
Old 11-09-21, 04:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Oh no! Carol, please keep up posted!
Old 11-09-21, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thanks Dana and Donna. I managed to actually sleep last night and the pain seems to be gone this morning. I know I need to see the cardiologist this afternoon just in case, but I am pretty congested this morning. We're having a mini-outbreak of CoVid at school and am thinking I need to get tested just in case. Keep your fingers crossed.

Carol