Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-28-21, 07:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 13,022

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 01:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Liquid prep day. I told DD I'm not going to cook dinner tonight; she plans to dine out and go to a movie.

Mimi Solaire really soothed my back. I had a chiropractic adjustment on Monday, but my lower back, even the next day, was clenched tight as a fist. I suspect that somehow I don't use good form with housework. But there are no DVDs on it LOL.

I start the Rx liquid at 5:30 pm today. I think I'll do a gentle yoga before then. Beachbody on Demand has 3 yoga videos for use with their 3-day Refresh which is a mainly liquid cleansing fast.

Back later.

Check-in: Day 2, Restore & Stretch, BBOD 3-day refresh yoga.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 09:23 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-21, 11:04 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thinking about Cynthia this morning.

Steps from yesterday: 8,758

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-21, 11:23 AM  
Diana3271

I wanted to share this workout link in case anyone is interested. I have not tried it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYr-Fbqopxc

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-21, 04:28 PM  
seabliss

Today I did 30-Minute Intense Legs and Booty by Zanna van Dijk. It didn't include a warmup or cooldown but I definitely stretched after, because it was the toughest lower body workout I've done in a while (including Heather). I didn't even have the 16kg kettlebell she was using, just my 10kg total, but that was enough! I kept telling myself that she's at least 6 ft tall, so she should use more weight, but that was a bit humbling.

Happy Hanukkah to Lynn! Tonight DD and I went to the home of some friends to have a Hanukkah meal, light the candles, and hear the readings. It was nice to share in that tradition and to have DD experience it. DH has a cold, so he didn't go, but I think we will all go back for the readings and candles on Thursday.

Hoping Cynthia is doing well! I have to set up all kinds of screenings and tests for us here. Upset because we took on private insurance as well as the public, and they excluded DH from any cancer coverage at all because he had (one specific) cancer decades ago, when he was 21. They also excluded him from any psoriasis treatment. What is the point, then. I will find us a different plan. His cancer was so far in the past that there are no longer any records for it (the hospital destroyed out all records prior to 2006).

Diana, how was your Thanksgiving?
Old 11-29-21, 04:32 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I wanted to share this workout link in case anyone is interested. I have not tried it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYr-Fbqopxc
Thanks, Diana! I'll try that tomorrow.

Colonoscopy over. The Dr said it was my last one, which surprised me, but maybe he has a codger cutoff policy.

Didn't a lot of sleep last night. Had a long nap after my friend got me home. And what a pal: she offered to ( & did) roll in the garbage & recycling bins for me. They were out on the curb for pickup today. She'll get pancakes soon.

Definitely a rest day, I'll still a bit wobbly.

I lost 1.5 pounds from the prep day. Would be nice if it stayed off!

Diana, my church still doesn't do in-person fellowship due tot the pandemic. I couldn't have gone yesterday anyway.

Cheryl, hoping you find a way soon to get warm clothes for your DH without his having to fly to the States.

Happy Hanukkah to Lynn!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 09:20 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Lynn Happy Hanukkah

Cynthia I'm glad you had someone to help out today and everything went well.

Cheryl Our Thanksgiving was nice. We went out with my friend and her DH. We went to a country place about 1 hour 15 minutes away. Instead of them having bread stuffing they had cornbread dressing. It was more country cooking, which is what my DH and I are used to. Good stuff.

Check-In: 30 minute outdoor walk & CS 907 Ab & Waist workout

Have a Blessed evening.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-21, 10:25 PM  
lynnf

yoga class (restorative for end of month). Thanks all for the Hanukkah wishes. Sunday we went to the synagogue for a party and candle lighting (with latkes and traditional donuts) and tonight I made latkes and we did zoom candle lighting with DS. Very nice. We sent him a bunch of goodies, which he will get later in the week -- food. We are still in negotiation about his present, as we are going in with him on an expensive watch.

Cheryl, how nice they are celebrating in Portugal. And BTW, I am not a doctrinaire vegetarian (I wear leather shoes) so I do not hold meat-eating against anyone. DS, who was raised not eating meat, eats it now and we are fine with it. So no need to censor posts regarding turkey parts/heads, etc. Were the insurance issues in the past or present ones in Portugal? I am hoping that Portugal will be better for health care.

Cynthia, congrats on making it through your last colonoscopy! What a great feat. Yes, there is an age cut off, I believe they stop after 75 in most situations. So great that you are finished with that unpleasant task. I was screening at every 10 years due to no polyps and hoping I would hit the no more colonoscopy zone, but then I hit a polyp and the every 5 year rule, so I have a least one more go.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 08:58 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 10,303

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana