Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-21, 07:31 AM  
buffmama

Helen - You're not alone. I just cut back on my workouts as I was overwhelmed. I dropped EPIC Heat like a hot potato - and I was loving it! It just wasn't what is best for me right now. Do what you can. We look forward to hearing about it.
Old 11-07-21, 09:46 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't worked out since Wednesday. Taking down and putting away Halloween decorations is taking forever! The village pieces are very fragile so I have to be really careful and it takes some time for some of them to make sure they're back in the styrofoam correctly. I aim to be finished by bedtime tonight!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:30 AM  
buffmama

Buffboy has been home recuperating from mono this week. Apparently he was sick for about 2 months and tried to power through and we didn't know. Looking forward to having my mornings back when he goes to school tomorrow. And of course most importantly he says he feels better (which looks the same externally).

Sandy - Do you ever use Brewer's yeast for B12? I just bought some and added it into breakfast. Could also probably hide it in veggie burgers. How is your shoulder doing?

Any one doing a Turkey Trot? I'm thinking of spending my $ on take out for Thanksgiving. Not something I usually do but it's reasonably priced. That would mean pick up on Thursday morning.
Old 11-11-21, 09:16 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Buffboy has been home recuperating from mono this week. Apparently he was sick for about 2 months and tried to power through and we didn't know. Looking forward to having my mornings back when he goes to school tomorrow. And of course most importantly he says he feels better (which looks the same externally).

Sandy - Do you ever use Brewer's yeast for B12? I just bought some and added it into breakfast. Could also probably hide it in veggie burgers. How is your shoulder doing?

Any one doing a Turkey Trot? I'm thinking of spending my $ on take out for Thanksgiving. Not something I usually do but it's reasonably priced. That would mean pick up on Thursday morning.
I'm glad buffboy is on the mend. He sounds like me toughing it out rather than go to a doctor.

We have a high dose B12 we take once a week.

There are things about the shoulder that seem a bit better, so it doesn't really affect daily life, but I still can't do a push up, chest press, or lateral raise without pain unless I modify to knees or very low weights. It doesn't wake me up at night throbbing as much, so that's good.

No races for me this year. We're doing a family get together the Saturday after Thanksgiving since that's when my sister is having it.
Old 11-12-21, 12:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I was in the kitchen most of the day so no workouts. Today I struggled to find energy for anything. I folded some laundry but that was pretty much it for housework. I did do a Halloween Zumba warmup, Jill Miller's YTU hips and butt floor massage, Caroline Jordan 15-min Glute Activation workout, and a 20 min Fightmaster Halloween yoga practice.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 07:01 AM  
buffmama

Heading into the holiday season (doesn't even feel like it to me) I'm going to keep on going with the types and lengths of workouts I've been doing. I feel good and they don't stress me out. And I love not having to feel rushed and doing longer pilates. Have to fit some yin in though. Slowly, v.e.r.y. slowly I see some of my pilates moves improving (rolling like a ball) and in things like plank walk outs I can stay straight so better alignment. Lots of booty work the last few days so I definitely feel that.
Old 11-17-21, 07:33 AM  
buffmama

Found an easier Fightmaster challenge I haven't done in the past with short-ish classes. Will head into the holidays with this instead of Adriene this year.
Old 11-17-21, 08:48 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Found an easier Fightmaster challenge I haven't done in the past with short-ish classes. Will head into the holidays with this instead of Adriene this year.
Which challenge was that?

I did Adriene 2015, 2016, and 2017.

I did a Lesley in 2016 Yoga for Beginners 30 Day Challenge and in 2018 Yoga Fix 30 Challenge.

I finished all the 5 day (one 10 day) series by Caroline G that she posted between EPIC HEAT and EPIC 3. It was great variety of styles, and it was almost like another 10 week challenge.

I think I'm going to start doing the hour long full body classes and 30 minute HIIT classes from EPIC 1 and/or 2. Is there one of the two series you would recommend over the other, buff?
Old 11-17-21, 08:42 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Which challenge was that?

I did Adriene 2015, 2016, and 2017.

I did a Lesley in 2016 Yoga for Beginners 30 Day Challenge and in 2018 Yoga Fix 30 Challenge.

I finished all the 5 day (one 10 day) series by Caroline G that she posted between EPIC HEAT and EPIC 3. It was great variety of styles, and it was almost like another 10 week challenge.

I think I'm going to start doing the hour long full body classes and 30 minute HIIT classes from EPIC 1 and/or 2. Is there one of the two series you would recommend over the other, buff?
The Fightmaster Challenge is from 2016 but I never did it. It caught my eye because the first 3 weeks are 20 min or less. Perfect. Part of the reason I pick a yoga practice is how the teacher talks to me. Leslie + Adriene are well within my comfort zones right now. I have an Adriene challenge I didn't do also.

EPIC 2 was major dread for me. But you're doing the HIIT and one other so I don't know if one would be better than the other. I say start with 1 though.
Old 11-18-21, 08:36 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
The Fightmaster Challenge is from 2016 but I never did it. It caught my eye because the first 3 weeks are 20 min or less. Perfect. Part of the reason I pick a yoga practice is how the teacher talks to me. Leslie + Adriene are well within my comfort zones right now. I have an Adriene challenge I didn't do also.

EPIC 2 was major dread for me. But you're doing the HIIT and one other so I don't know if one would be better than the other. I say start with 1 though.
That looks like the one I did. 15-20 minutes then 30 minute ones at the end. Most bookmarks have positive comments.

Thanks, I'll start with EPIC 1 full body and HIIT.