Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-21, 12:18 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Haha, Linda! I knew you'd be right in line, too, with your credit card, LOL!!

Rhonda, oh don't tell me you have TWO mats! I better start off with the one....
Yes I have two round mats. Love them but I got them as seconds at a great price, $50 each. If I was to replace, I would wait again for seconds as they are greatly reduced and nothing wrong with them. They say sometimes they put them on seconds because the color is quite right.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 01:29 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Mandala Yoga Mats have gone up in price this year They sent out an email saying their supplier raised their prices so they had to raise theirs accordingly. They asked customers if they would still be willing to purchase at the higher price before they ordered their latest supply and enough people must have said yes because they have them in stock now.

I purchased another seconds mat last month, and they still have some blue ones available (they said they will be selling the seconds until the 9th or until they run out). The seconds are now $69.99 and the regular price is $84.99. Their shipping is $18, so a regular mat plus shipping would be pretty close to Cathe's in price right now. It just depends if you prefer a color or want a black mat! I really want one of Cathe's because I've been wanting a black mat, so I may order one from her.

So right now, I have 2 round mats, but may end up with 3 I keep them until they get damaged (usually by cats) and then I cut them up and use them for other things.
Old 04-08-21, 02:10 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Mandala Yoga Mats have gone up in price this year They sent out an email saying their supplier raised their prices so they had to raise theirs accordingly. They asked customers if they would still be willing to purchase at the higher price before they ordered their latest supply and enough people must have said yes because they have them in stock now.

I purchased another seconds mat last month, and they still have some blue ones available (they said they will be selling the seconds until the 9th or until they run out). The seconds are now $69.99 and the regular price is $84.99. Their shipping is $18, so a regular mat plus shipping would be pretty close to Cathe's in price right now. It just depends if you prefer a color or want a black mat! I really want one of Cathe's because I've been wanting a black mat, so I may order one from her.

So right now, I have 2 round mats, but may end up with 3 I keep them until they get damaged (usually by cats) and then I cut them up and use them for other things.
How do they package the Mandala mats? I really want a purple, but like how Cathe's is packaged and has a bag.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 02:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I keep them until they get damaged (usually by cats) and then I cut them up and use them for other things.
Stephanie.. I'd love to know your uses for them after you cut them up.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 03:48 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The mandala mats come packaged folded up in a square box that is probably about 15-18" square (I'm just guesstimating) and probably about 4" deep. It doesn't come with a carrying case or anything. The lines from being folded disappear pretty quickly, though.

I use the cut up mats for padding for my feet on my elliptical (I like to go barefoot), and the "cushion" on my elliptical is ridged and not very comfortable, so I use a few layers of mat cut to shape and size.

I also use large sections to put under my cats' feeding station so their mess is slightly more contained I have 2 cats and there are always 2 wet food plates, a dry food dish and two water dishes. And my cats like to play with their food, so it's nice to be able to pick up the mat, sweep it off into the trash, and then I can just wash it off in the sink if it needs it.

I also used a large section of one of my old mats to put in the corner of my workout room under my WaveMaster heavy bag. I just cut it to fit the corner of the room and it keeps the bag from moving.

I'm sure there are other things I've used them for over the years (I've pretty much exclusively bought the Mandala mats for about 10 years now) but those are the ones that came to mind immediately.

ETA: The more I think about it, the box it's shipped in could be up to 24" square maybe? It's pretty big.
Old 04-08-21, 06:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Stephanie ohhh I love the elliptical pedal idea! I have tried to hop on mine for a quick walk without shoes and the ridges were way too uncomfortable. I definitely see that in the future for sure. Thanks!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe equipment, cathe round yoga mat, exercise mat, mandala mat, round yoga mat, square mat