Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-30-21, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Day 13, Beginners Running Workout
~ LWR Day 14, 10 Minute Arms
~ YWK 10 Minute Upper Body Yoga
~ My own yin series for psoas, hips and low back
~ 6,515 steps

Pam, how are you feeling? It looks like you got a decent workout so I hope you're handling the booster well. DH got his yesterday, he was still asleep when I left for work.

Diane, it's good to hear your friend is on the mend and the vaxxed people aren't having the worst it can be. I use the Insight Timer app. There are a lot of guided meditations and music meditations, but 90% of the time I use the timer function only. Congratulations on having such great numbers and I hope this whole situation leaves you alone in 2022.

Donna, I noticed you walked at the mall with your DD - how is she feeling? It sounds like those are crab walks, at least my chiro calls the side to side crab walks. The monster walks he showed me have you walking forward but exaggerating each forward moving leg in an arc out to the side. Tough!!

Sending hugs to Summer Breeze.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 10:53 AM  
donnamp

Yes, Crab walks, that's it Pat! Either way they are good for those of us w/ weakened hips and glutes - I blame you, sitting all day! LOL!

My DD is doing better, she definitely feels better - and I think she has taken my advice to rest as she is going to bed earlier and just generally taking it easy.

I'm worried about her getting her booster so soon after mono, but I'm also worried about her NOT getting it. *Sigh*

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 06:35 AM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone,

No workouts to report but yesterday was stressful. Our disabled boy, Christopher, was bellowing. Now, mind you, he's spoiled and a bit of a whiner, but this was something different. So, off to the vet - thankfully they took him. I had to leave him there all day and picked him up at 6:30 last night.

Still waiting on the blood work but I was afraid he may have had a urinary blockage. None found, which is a good thing. He is almost 17 but generally in great health. So, he's on gabapentin for pain. He came home last night, at a full can of food, had water and meds and slept all night. Just got him up, still a little groggy but now eating another can of food. I may keep him on meds for a couple of days just to make sure he has no pain. Vet is running an extensive blood panel so if there's something there, it will show it.

What a way to end a lousy year!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing us all lots of working out, good health, prosperity, and much happiness - 2022 HAS to be better than 2020 and 2021, no?

:

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last workout of 2021 - so glad to see this year, and this month (December) behind me!

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio - Madeleine 12.29.21 - this was another good one from Madeleine. The music was loud enough to hear also.

ManFlow Yoga - Beginners Yoga for Sciatica and Sciatic pain - I have to say, I have gotten more relief from the two practices I did with Dean than anything else I have tried. It is less passive stretching, more activation, a lot of good form pointers to keep the back straight/not rounded. I'm looking forward to his January challenge - Mission Daily Yoga. Hopefully it will help. I noticed that my left glute/hip is really weak and hard to engage and that is where I have the hip/piriformis/sciatic type symptoms.

Diane - Oh gosh, I hope your kitty is ok.

Waves, everyone - Happy New Year!!

Donna
Old 12-31-21, 10:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy New Year to everyone!!

I'm still just hanging in there. Hopefully I'll get myself going on some kind of regimen in the new year and this pain will resolve.

DIANE, I think you made the right decision with the monitor implant. That does seem like overkill. So glad your test results are great! I hope Christopher's bloodwork is all good too.

DONNA, I'm glad your DD is feeling better and you're seeing some progress with your pain. You are certainly consistent with your therapeutic workouts. Fortunately mild effects from the booster.

PAM, hope your covid booster went well and enjoy your ski trip!

PAT, good workouts. I hope you have some time off for the holiday. ETA -- we were posting at the same time. I hope DH feels better soon! Scary. My DH avoided doctors like the plague too for some unfathomable reason.

Here's to a happy, healthy and peaceful 2022!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 10:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Twilight Zone Marathon is on, and soon the Godzilla Marathon starts on CometTV. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Day 15, 8 Minute Total Body Sculpt
~ YWK 20 Minute Yin Yoga for Sleep in Bed
~ YWK Bedtime Positive Affirmations for Sleep
~ 5,667 steps

DH is sick as a dog from his Moderna booster, worse than the prior two together. He had some kind of blood pressure event and didn't wake me up or I would have taken him to the ER, so I'm worried but also mad at him. I'll bring the doctor word up again when he's over the side effects, he needs to rest now and fighting about it isn't the answer.

I plan to hit the gym soon for the last day before the New Year's crush. I need some mood improving cardio.

Donna, I hope ManFlow Yoga keeps bringing you the results you need right now. It's good to hear your DD is improving.

Aw, Diane - sending hugs to you and Christopher. I hope he feels better soon.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and Pam - happy end of 2021 everyone, I look forward to seeing you all next year!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 03:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say a quick hello!
We’ve been busy with family activities. I can’t remember when I last checked in…..

We are up at the mountain, about 90 min from home, and it’s beautiful but cold, lol! I’ve posted a picture of the hill lit up last night in my profile.

Yesterday we walked uphill from the parking lot to the chalet, definitely a workout in the snow! There’s no parking by any of the accommodation, everyone parks in a central lot and walks. It would be impossible to keep that many roads clear. I got in a stretch at bedtime.

So far today….
~BellyFit Release & Reset
~Long walk in the snow exploring the village, lots of vertical so got my cardio in.
~Kate Vantucci Hands Off (YT) - This an awesome wrist free standing flow, I loved it!

Planning to don my snowshoes after lunch.

Happy New Year!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

new thread for 2022 started!!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232198

Pat - I hope your DH is ok. How long ago did he get his booster?

Donna

Tags
jim fixx