Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-21, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I got back on track with better habits yesterday, including:

~ GYM for 15 minutes arc trainer and 45 minutes weight machines
~ Yoga with Kassandra's newest, Yoga for Flexibility Deep Stretch Vinyasa
~ 5,900 steps

I enjoyed the Kassandra. I had to modify just a little bit of down doggy stuff, the rest was blissful and very nice after all the sitting around socializing all weekend.

Donna, the Jane Adams flexibilty practice sounds great, I'll try that one out tonight.

Diane, I don't blame you for triple masking. I saw that the recommendations are to use the K95 mask anyway now. Best wishes with your doctor appointment.

Good morning Summer Breeze, Pam, and anyone who pops in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a mix:

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards for Beginners - Pain Relief - I felt I needed some mobility work this morning.

Power Fit Harmony - Strong Push

I hate to admit it, but I'm sorta feeling humbled by the PowerFits. For various reasons I have really let myself go and I feel the need to build back a little bit. I remember when I did two PowerFits back to back and considered it a 'light' day. These aren't totally kicking my butt, but more than I though they would. 2022 has to be my comeback year. I don't need to be advanced, but I'd like to be a solid intermediate.

Nice work, Pat!

Diane - I would like to keep our check in going next year - I like small check ins - it is easier to keep up with everyone and it feels more personal. Maybe some day I'll even do some MR, LOL, so that the title of the check in will be appropriate for me. I hope you have good results at your appointment.

Waves, everyone --

I have the rest of the year off from work. I will be aiming for some yoga or Pilates later.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Well I just up and went for my booster shot yesterday. The center was crowded but it was very efficiently run and it moved right along. Fortunately very mild side effect of slight fatigue and achiness which seems to be gone today *knock wood*. Definitely better than after my 2nd moderna shot last May.

I would love to keep the check-in going too.
And I hope to have more to contribute in 2022 especially more MR. But either way I enjoy coming here every day and reading about everyone's life and workouts. Small check-ins work best for me too and this is a great group!

PAT, great job on incorporating some better habits already and on your workouts. Glad the reindeer turd is history too

DONNA, good work keeping up with your exercise routine. I can just imagine the shape I'll be in after my first MR when I get back to it Enjoy having the rest of the year off!! Sounds amazing.

DIANE, no shame in triple masking. Hope you got a good report from the cardiologist. Looking forward to the crosswave update.

Hi PAM!

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 11:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!
It’s been busy around our place with family. They head off home today & we will all be together again at the local ski hill over New Years. I have been stretching in the evening but haven’t done any formal workouts for a few days so I’m overdue.

I would love to keep our little check in group going in 2022. I’ve loved hanging out with all of you!

Back later to post my workouts….

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did an add on of Jessica Valent - Glutes on the Mat (my "PT" to strengthen my glutes and hips) and Sarah Beth Yoga - Bedtime Yoga for Back Pain (20 Min). The Sarah Beth practice was nice and relaxing.

Today, so far, has been:

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio - Madeleine - 12/22/21 - I really enjoyed this one - it was good old fashioned low impact aerobics. Rarely seen these days in the age of drills. It was moderate intensity.

Power Fit Harmony - Core Body Balance - this was meh - I had to modify the crunches on the floor - they didn't feel good. The standing work was good and I liked the planks, but I ended up substituting for everything else. Not feeling the love for crunches.

Planning for more yoga later.

I think I may focus on Silver & Fit for a little while. There is so much variety and the 30 min length allows for an add on of a little something else. To try to prevent analysis paralysis I will come up with a schedule of sorts like - Cardio-Strength-Flexibility, etc. so I am not overwhelmed by all the choices on the channel!

I wonder if the Madeleine in today's workout was Madeleine Lewis who choreographed many of Kathy Smith's workouts? It seems like a lot of instructors from the 90's/early 2000's are showing up on Silver & Fit - like Keli Roberts and Stacey Lei.

Summer Breeze - glad you got the booster over with!!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 12-29-21, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I got down to business yesterday with:

~ Walk around parking lot at work
~ LWR Advent Day Calendar Day 11, Low Impact Workout
~ LWR Day 12, Standing Abs Workout
~ YWK Evening Yoga Challenge Day 5 - Relaxing Yoga Stretches
7,705 steps

Pam, have fun!

Donna, the Pilates PT followed by the deep stretch sounds very therapeutic, good idea. Thanks for the tip about Silver Fit, gong to check it out. Visiting with our "old friends" sounds like a real good motivator.

Summer Breeze, I hope you weren't knocked out by the shot.

Good morning to Diane and anyone who visits today. I'm so happy we all want to continue in 2022 - you ladies keep me motivated and give me great ideas.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterdays workouts:
~MR Body Electric 1910
~Ballet Beautiful: Waltz of the Flowers Cardio
~A little Yin at bedtime

We are getting our Covid boosters this afternoon, yay! I hope to get a workout in before. We’ve been on clean up duty since the gang left yesterday, lots of laundry to cycle through. I have some meal prep to do today before we head to the ski hill tomorrow.

Back later to post my workouts….

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-30-21, 01:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Todays offerings:
~neighbourhood walk
~functional fitness doing laundry, cleaning, organizing, & cooking post family Christmas & pre-ski trip tomorrow. I racked up over 10,000 steps
~MFML: End of Day Recharge

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-30-21, 06:49 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

First the workouts:
Group Centergy Winter 08 (yoga & pilates style workout), followed by Lesley Quickie core practice

I spoke to my best friend last night and she's finally on the mend. Vaxxed but had not gotten her booster yet. Now my niece and her fiance both have covid, same deal, no booster yet. So far they're not too sick. I am so thankful that they did get vaxxed because both my best friend and my niece have some underlying conditions. It could have ended differently.

Doctor's appt went well, albeit I was a total mess worrying about sitting in a waiting room, despite being triple masked. I declined, for now, the Linq monitor which they wanted to implant for a few reasons - one, my insurance would consider this outpatient services (next year's plan it would include it) and it could end up costing me another $5k out of pocket. Second, the doctor was totally frazzled, which doesn't raise my trust level. I'm thinking of seeing a new cardiologist next year that was recommended to me by a friend. I'm also considering a Holter monitor, which is worn externally for two days to check for any afib.

Here's the thing - the doctor couldn't praise my test results enough. He said he would never believe these tests were from a 64 year old woman. That makes me feel good but I'm still searching for answers. I don't think the Linq Monitor, which he wanted me to wear for 3 years (the battery life) is the answer. That would mean cardiology visits every 2-3 months, etc. Frankly, I'm tired of it all and kind of feel this is a bit of a money grab. My husband agreed. My gut was telling me no so I listened. In the meantime, I'm really taking good care of myself, even better than before.

Summer Breeze - keep us posted on your recovery. Sciatica, etc is a huge pain in butt, literally!

Pat - Reindeer turd!!!! LOL! I love to bake but it's hit and miss with me. As long as it tasted good that's all that matters! Do you use any apps for meditation? It's so hit and miss for me and I really need to meditate!

Donna - I agree, I'm not very motivated at the moment and feel like I need to amp it back up in 2022. I'm not a believer in resolutions but I think the 1st is the perfect day and time to begin again in earnest.

Pam - Your workouts are wonderful! I agree, let's keep this going. It's nice to have a group of friends who check in and keep each other accountable, albeit in an easy way!

Have a great day everyone. May not check in until Saturday when I really begin anew. Happy New Year everyone! May we all be healthy, wealthy and wise - and done with this virus!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did a practice w/ Sarah Beth Yoga for Sciatica - it was relaxing and helped w/ tension in my back. I also walked at the mall w/ DD (masked, of course.....)

Today, so far, has been -

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength w/ Penny 12.18.21 - the music was loud enough to hear in this one. It used resistance tubing and i found it enjoyable. She also included those "monster" walks - I think that is what they are - where you walk laterally side to side? It is one of those moves I need to do for hip strength/stability.

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Sciatic Pain Relief & Prevention - I signed up for Dean's Mission Daily Yoga Challenge and you get access to his entire library for the duration of the challenge. The challenge official starts on Jan 3rd. But I'm playing around with his stuff until then. I liked this practice - his yoga is more athletic than spiritual. Very focused on form and activation. I feel it is almost like a cross between yoga-Physical Therapy-body weight strength. Unlike so many "yoga for sciatica" practices this focused a bit more on strength and activation rather than passive stretching. He also addressed "rounding the back" and how that can cause sciatic pain - and I find that to be true in my case. Rounding my lower back is a recipe for pain - I'm talking to you, "C" curve!

Not sure what else is up for the day!

Diane - I agree w/ your decision - it seems like implanting a device sounds a bit extreme at this point. I think the holter monitor is a much more reasonable option. i'm glad your friend is recovering and I hope your niece and fiancee are feeling better soon too.

Nice work Pat and Pam!

Summer Breeze - hope the booster didn't make you feel too bad.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna

Tags
jim fixx