Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-21, 10:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was the WS1 Prehab Routine. The weather is getting scary--howling wind and debris flying all over. Apparently, we're getting hit with a storm that starts Sunday. Ugh.

About when to workout: I tried working out in the morning but I'm just not a morning person. Early afternoon seems to work best, but I can't always do it because I tend to have meetings at that time. When I was working in the office, I always worked out at night, but I really prefer afternoon.

Tomorrow is Upper Body and then a rest day, which will give me a chance to rest up before shovel max!
Old 01-28-21, 11:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Only had time for Todd's Beginner Total Gym workout.

After lunch DH and I rearranged and moved some shelving in the basement (which holds DH's massive board game collection!) DH had some new shelves that arrived which had to be built and then put into place and recycling everything over from one shelf to another. It was a big project and I was climbing between shelves and rows to get things from one side to another.

I'm so not a morning person. My workout time ranges between 11AM and 2PM. With lunch following soon after. But, we're retired and get up/go to sleep when we want to. DH is a night owl, so I'm usually up past midnight most every night. Could only do yoga, stretching or Pilates in the PM, otherwise would be too wired to sleep!

Lucky we've had a rather mild winter so far. JINX! ;-) Icy, cold weekend...here we come!!!

Night everybody!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 29 - Walking & Balance

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Digestion - fortunately, no digestive issues here, but I went w/ this one b/c it included a lot of twists which feel good on my back which gets so stiff from sitting.

Late yesterday afternoon I did CS 1112 - it was standing and barre...

Re: workout times, I have been a morning exerciser since my DD was born so I am just used to it. I think if I had the perfect schedule I would likely do some type of gentle movement in the morning - Pilates, Yoga, gentle fusion, CS, etc. and then do a tougher workout in the afternoon - and then maybe some stretching at night. What I do like about getting it done in the morning is it is easiest for me to be consistent - not much is going to interrupt me at that time of day W/ working from home I'm typically starting my workout around 6:30 a.m. and then, whatever else I manage to do during the day is just a bonus.

Liz - sorry your DVD didn't work! Which FIRM workout was it - maybe you can find it on You Tube??

Pam - moving stuff like that is a workout unto itself!

wishiwasinhawaii - I tend to have meetings mid-day as well. Yesterday was brutal...a 1.5 hour call w/ attorneys.... How much snow are you supposed to get? I haven't checked the weather report for my area yet...but I guess we are due...

waves, Sherry!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 03:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 25 (Lower Body Sculpt!)

Hi Ladies,

Today was Jessica's Lower Body workout. Instead of doing the hip raises on the floor with the chair, this time I laid on the Total Gym and put my feet up on the squat stand. I also used the back of the squat stand as a chair support when doing leg raises with weights behind knee and to the side. Nothing else to add today.

Getting ready to play a board game with DH.

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-29-21, 05:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Upper Body. The wind was so scary that I couldn't sleep so I got up at 6:00 and did my workout early, which I never do. At least I got it out of the way before I started working.

Donna, a 1.5 hour call w/ attorneys sounds dreadful. I didn't have any meetings today, thank goodness. I have to give a presentation at a meeting on Wednesday, but it's only a few slides so it shouldn't be too bad. After that, things should start to settle down. They're saying we're going to get anywhere between 6-10 inches of snow. UGH!

Pam, I do ab work on my fake Total Gym too! I put my feet on the squat stand and do the sit ups or whatever ab move it is.

I finally ordered Jessica's new stretch DVD. It should be here tomorrow!
Old 01-29-21, 11:27 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone!

Checking in today with Cardio Hit! This has mostly boxing moves with a few HIT sessions. This was the first time I had done this workout and next time I'll use my pink boxing gloves. I bought the gloves for one of Cathe's workouts years ago and haven't used them since. This was a fun workout.

Since I have been working from home, I always workout at the end of the work day before dinner around 5:30 or 6:00pm. I am NOT a morning person either and being able to work out at this time has helped me be much more consistent.

I would like to get in some yoga or classical stretch in the morning or before lunch. I think it could be helpful and I could certainly use some improvement in the flexibility department!

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope the winds have died down and you can get some sleep!

Pam - Sounds like the Total Gym is very handy for all your workouts!

Donna - I am always impressed that you fit in multiple workouts. That is supposed to be the healthiest way!

Waves to Sherry and anyone else lurking!

Anybody have big plans this weekend? I might venture out for grocery shopping but that's about it.

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Day 30 - this was done with cardio in the first half and strength training in the second half. I have come to realize that Pahla makes strength training enjoyable for me. I always enjoyed cardio and fusion/pilates/yoga more than strength -but Pahla's style of strength has really grown on me. I guess that makes sense b/c Pahla says she is a cardio girl too, so I suppose she would find a way to make strength training enjoyable for people who like cardio.....I also like that she goes at a moderate pace so I can watch my form - so many instructors seem to speed along. I have learned to slow down w/ any instructor, though.

Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 4 (abs), Day 5 (standing Pilates). All caught up on this mini-challenge now!

Liz - in the mornings I string together two shorter workouts - Pahla's tend to be around 20 min and then I do 20-30 min of Pilates or yoga. In the afternoon, if I can I like to get something in to break up the sitting....and same for the evening, sort of as a transition from work to home. Some days work better than others for that, though! Like yesterday, I didn't get anything extra done.

wishiwasinhawaii - we are in for a snowy weekend here...who knows how much 3 to 15 inches, quite a spread, LOL!

Pam - good modification! And good job you are almost done w/ WS1!

Waves, Sherry!

So for Feb, I don't think I'm ready to ditch Pahla. She is going in a different path with her mini challenges, so I'm going to see what that looks like. Sounds like every month she will release 7 new workouts that can be combined into a month long rotation. I will see how that works for me. I'm not quite ready to move on as I'm not bored and her workouts just seem to be hitting the spot for me - encouraging, not too taxing, etc...

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Hopefully DD and I will be able to walk today.....before the snow tomorrow and Monday....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 03:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm sore after trying out Todd's Intermediate workout for the Total Gym! Wow, that's a bit of a leap from Beginner program to Intermediate but muscles feel nicely worked. Yowza. Also, finished with Rosalie's Cable workout on YT which was only ten minutes but hits the muscles again pretty quickly, and then stretching after. Now, I'm beat, LOL! I should do a stretchy something tonight before bed!

Have a good Saturday!

Not looking forward to even more snow....and lots of it!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-30-21, 04:25 PM  
Leonana

I've been doing Walk Strong 3 the past few days. Thursday was Barefoot Cardio Core. That one felt good, especially after the harder workouts. Friday was Tone + Flow, and today was Boogie I.T. I followed Debbie for low impact. I have to admit, I don't feel I get much out of low impact interval training. My heart rate doesn't go as high. So far I've been really enjoying WS3 and I can see results. I have to admit, some days I'm pretty tired!

Re: workout times, I think from 12-2 is my sweet spot. The problem with the evening is that it energizes me and I don't sleep as well. Then I'm still tired in the morning. My issue with morning workouts is that I usually have chores around the house to do. But some days I'm out of the house and can't workout from 12-2, but I can workout around 3 or 4. I also think I might have Tuesday as my rest day, if I'm spending hours walking around Goodwill.

Donna, I do like Pahla's workouts. But once my shoulder was strained, I quit. I also seem to gain weight if I'm not pushing myself with harder workouts, and I don't get the same benefits with endorphines. But sometimes I do get really tired and sore! I think it's great Pahla works so well for you, especially in a 20 minute time frame.

Liz, that's too bad about your dvd player. I keep wondering how long I'll be using my dvd's if the players go by the wayside. I'm not a morning person either. I have more energy late in the day and workout harder, and feel it's more effective.

Pam, that does sound like a workout moving and climbing shelves. I also like the same workout time as you with lunch after. Although, my dh is still working and is in bed by 9:00. I'm usually asleep by 11:00.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope your weather isn't too bad. Enjoy the Stretch dvd!
Old 01-30-21, 09:52 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Checking in with Total Body done. This went much better this time than my first attempt. I used 8 pounds throughout and it seemed to be sufficiently challenging! There is really something satisfying with doing a rotation and repeating workouts every couple of weeks.

The Firm DVD that was giving me an issue in my DVD player was called The Firm: Cardio Dance Club and checking back in my email, I bought it last year during one of Mary's sales for $3.99 so for that cheap price I'm not too heartbroken it doesn't work. It is on youtube and it can be purchased for $9.99. (I've never bought a workout on youtube!) it is also available on ebay for $1.49 plus shipping. It has three twenty minute dance workouts. They may come in handy for rest days. I'll check over on Amazon since I still have a gift certificate I haven't used up. But since I owned it a year and never even opened it, I'm not sure I really need it!

Donna, I agree that one thing I REALLY like about Pahla is that she doesn't move fast and furious! I really appreciate her slow and steady pace. Keep us posted to what she is up to. I'm tempted to try her again when I am finished with Jessica.

Pam - hope you don't get too much snow! But good job on the workouts!

Sherry - I really like both Barefoot Cardio Core and Tone+Flow and I'm really happy when I see them come up on the rotation.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy