Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-21, 04:23 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling back to normal today. Sunday was my last congested day thankfully. I did some housework on Monday, and went to Goodwill on Tuesday. This morning I did an outdoor walk for 30 minutes, about a mile and a quarter. It felt good to get outdoors. The weather was in the mid-50's around 8 am, sunny with a breeze, so pretty nice. Dh was off today, so we went to Costco. That always means a lot of walking around the store.

At Goodwill, I found a Jane Fonda dvd, AM PM Yoga for Beginners. I think I will try that one this week. From the description, it has Abs and Back (AM), Energy (AM), Strength (AM), Mobility (PM) and Relaxation (PM). I think each segment is 10 minutes. There is also a 5 minute stability and posture exercises.

Pam, your Leslie workouts sound like a good choice.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope your knee is better. I think Jessica has a knee strengthening workout on a dvd, or maybe you tube.

Donna, your out of town trip sounds nice. I'm envious!
Old 10-28-21, 01:52 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I did Jessica's Toning Walk. It uses a band and is not too strenuous. Yesterday I did a couple from Jessica's Total Body Balance. I'm trying to keep moving with gentle workouts for now. Everything that is strenuous fills me with dread.

Sherry - so happy that you are feeling better! Your outdoor walk sounded very refreshing. Was Costco a madhouse? I picture people starting their holiday shopping.

Pam - I'm glad you are enjoying the Leslie's. The Temptations? Now that would get me moving!

Donna - thanks for mentioning the Ellen 10 day challenge. I think I may check it out to shake things up so I don't get sick of Jessica (which happens occasionally). Enjoy your weekend getaway!

wishiwasinhawaii - Jessica has a routine for "stronger knees" on her Metabolism Booster DVD. I've never done it, but it may be something worth looking at if you have it.

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was another Ellen mix:

Walk Refresh - which is a very low key walking workout.

Yogini Sculpt

Yesterday I got a dog walk in.

Sherry- I'm glad you are feeling better!

Liz - I hear you on the dread associated with strenuous workouts. And I do burn out on instructors all the time. I was thinking about taking a break from Ellen until her 10 day challenge starts, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - hope your knee is ok!

Pam - good job w/ your Leslie mile. Maybe I'll do some Leslie soon -

This weekend is supposed to be rainy so we may end up not going on our trip. But I still took Friday/Monday/Tues off from work and no matter what will enjoy the extra time off!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 12:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did two miles from the Miracle Miles set. Both miles use the toning band towards the end of each mile, briefly. Good paced walks, though. I added Stephanie Huckabee's Weight Watcher Time Crunch Training workout (Upper Body.) I was surprised how effective only ten minutes with the band can really work...especially shoulders. I need to add some of these more frequently and Stephanie is so sweet, with some exercises that kill, LOL!

Have a good day everyone.

Liz, yep I enjoyed hearing the Temptations song...very recognizable. I used to watch Soul Train and American Bandstand back in the day!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 11:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late check-in.

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Build Balance & Inner Strength - Balance & Agility (this is the one that uses the resistance band)

Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch - Floor Routine

I was in the mood for a change up from Ellen - and this fit the bill.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

DH and I are going out of town in spite of the weather. Hoping DD can hold down the fort w/ the doggies. I'm sure her BF is going to spend quite a bit of time w/ her too - they are planning for movies and pizza.

Pam - that sounds like a good combo! I like your idea of mixing in Leslie w/ the PowerFit workouts.

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 12:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Another Leslie Walk today...THREE miles with Walk Off the Pounds! The variety of steps and miles are good in this one! Just about any DVD from her Just Walk series is worth having. All nice bright sets and faster paced walks, typically. All of the new walkers and leads, too! Wore my weighted gloves and they really help pump up the miles and HR pretty quickly!

Donna, enjoy your getaway this weekend! We have to take a look at the weather, as we only have a couple nights for any Halloween activities left.

Have a good Halloween weekend, everyone!

April Focus:
Old 10-29-21, 12:47 PM  
Leonana

I didn't do a workout yesterday, I was a bit tired. DH decided to rearrange the furniture and rooms again. He does that periodically, he gets restless. But usually it works better, he has good spatial skills for furniture arranging. I was on my feet a lot helping him move stuff around, and then I did my volunteer filing.

I decided to go back to our bedroom for workouts. There is actually more room in our bedroom. Once we put a bed in the small spare room, there wasn't much room left for working out. Dh really wanted to move our computer in there instead, and have the Arizona room as his game room when friends come over. Also there's a lot of dust in the Arizona room, with the cat door and the litter boxes in there, so it's better for the computer to be elsewhere. But having the office in the room did make it tight with the bed, so I told him we should just forget about a guest bedroom, and get rid of the bed. We never have guests overnight anyway, so it makes more sense to put all the office stuff into the spare room. If we do have someone over, they can have our bedroom, and dh and I will sleep on the couches. We have two very big couches, and they are actually pretty comfortable. But it meant for a lot of walking yesterday, moving stuff around!

Today I did two ten minute workouts from the Jane Fonda AM and PM Yoga dvd. I did the AM Energy workouts, which was gentle movement with some stretching and yoga. Slow paced, but it fit the bill and I enjoyed it. Then I did the Strength workout with three pound weights. This was also a gentle flow and I liked it too. I previewed the abs and back workout, and it also looks like something I could do without hurting my lower back. I want to try the PM workouts this evening, if I remember! I'm happy with this dvd, I'd like to check out her other later dvds. I've never been able to do the older dancey aerobics ones, I have two left feet.

My dd has decided to stop the college classes for now, and work her way up as manager at Starbucks. She briefly thought of teaching high school English, because she likes English. However, she isn't a teacher really. And when she found out that Starbucks managers made more money than teachers in our state, she didn't have much incentive. It boggles the mind how much money they expect future teachers to pay for college, and then not have a salary to match. Anyway, she enjoys working at Starbucks and they have good benefits, so I'm happy for her. I just have to get out of the mindset that college is the only way, especially when I see all the posts of people's kids going to college. I'm sure she will still take some classes, probably for business or management. I guess she can still get a degree eventually if she wants.

Liz, I hear you on preferring the less strenuous workouts. Yes, Costco was a madhouse! And it was a weekday morning. It's even worse on the weekends.

Donna, I hope you enjoy your out of town trip. I'm sure your dd will do well with the dogs. I remember our dd looking forward to us going out of town, lol. Now that she will be working more hours, I guess she won't be ever moving back (sigh). I know it happens eventually, but I'm not ready!

Pam, I need to break out my two Leslie dvds and try them. They sound really good.
Old 10-30-21, 12:28 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I did Jessica's 360 abs. Another one that isn't too strenuous. The name of my game these days is just keep moving!

Donna, enjoy your adventure with your hubby! I like that Balance and Agility routine.

Sherry, glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you are getting your house in shape. I never move my furniture around. I should try it more often. It is nice your DD has a plan. I've heard Starbucks is a good company to work for.

Pam, I have one or two Leslie's. I'm going to see if they are from the "just walk" series. It sounds like you are enjoying them.

waves to wishiwasinhawaii! Happy Halloween!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I just did Leslie's Walk it Off in 30 Days (Firm 30.) She uses hand weight for this 30 minute workout and it was pretty decent. She doesn't always count even reps for both sides, just does enough to feel fatigue in the muscle. You're supposed to alternate this workout with the 30 minute walk (also on the same DVD.) I felt like I had enough today, so skipped the walk.

It's so wet, rainy and cold here so we finally turned our heat on!

Have a good Saturday, everyone!

April Focus:
Old 10-30-21, 07:51 PM  
Leonana

I did the Mobility and Stretch workouts from the Jane Fonda dvd. I liked them. Not as much as Jessica, but I’ll do them again for a change. I need a better tv though, I can’t see it from the floor.

I also did quite a bit of house cleaning and reorganizing of the spare bedroom office. I’m on my feet so much doing stuff around the house, I’m getting a lot of steps in.

Dh made a nice cover for the cat boxes, so they look nicer in the Arizona room. He was given some free wooden pallets and he’s been making things. He made a coffee table for dd.

Liz, 360 Abs is a favorite. Sometimes I wish dh would move furniture a bit less often! He likes change. But I usually like the results, and I especially like having someone else do it!

Pam, I guess it must be cold if the heat is on. We’ve had anywhere from 70’s to 80’s to 90. I think today was the last 90 degree day. We’re in the low 80’s now. Of course, my allergies are going crazy!

Donna, I hope the trip is going well.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy