Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-22, 07:30 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I wish I could recommend a Classical Stretch series. I have about 6 seasons but haven’t done any of them save for a couple of workouts. I got most of them on sale but even with a sale, their still pricey. I hope I get to do them before I die.

ChelePA I really like Cathe’s boss band workouts. As everyone agrees, the bands are great quality. I like the workouts because they’re different than traditional weight work and because I don’t find them terribly hard. I can keep up without having to modify. It’s so great you’re able to do some Cathe workouts again. I know she was your go to instructor. It must feel so good to be back with her. Yeah!

Cataddict, yes, my two cats are extremely timid. When Finley was a kitten I tried to socialize him so he wouldn’t be so scared but I think he just took cues from Rudy and now he’s as scared as Rudy. They both hide at the slightest noise. They were not happy while the painter was here. The painting is all done now. Cats and people are very pleased. I love the new colors and the fresh walls.

I’m sorry you’re still dealing with your sciatica pain. I get extremely impatient when I don’t feel well so I understand. Our ChelePA said it best.

I went for a walk at lunch today. It was cold but the sun was shining and there was no wind. It was quite pleasant. I’m gonna go do a workout now. Haven’t decided what yet.
Old 01-25-22, 10:00 AM  
ChelePA

80s cycling class. 10 minute light weights and arms. 30 minute yoga flow with focus on hips. Ended with a nice 2 minute meditation.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 12:50 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
80s cycling class. 10 minute light weights and arms. 30 minute yoga flow with focus on hips. Ended with a nice 2 minute meditation.

Have a great day!
Chele I was just wondering last night if you were sticking with your new habit of meditation. I tried it several years ago during my father's illness before he died. It was a very stressful time and I was trying anything to help calm me. I don't think it really helped and I didn't stick with it. I hope you can make it a solid habit because so many find it so beneficial.
Old 01-25-22, 03:06 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick check in...SOOO busy and now I'm starting a 2nd part time job next week. And Dr. appointments and life. WHEW!!

Meditation has saved my life. I would be super stressed, have no doubt I would be divorced and my health would be suffering.
Be patient with yourselves. The mind will wander and wander and wander.

I HIGHLY recommend trying some of Stephen Proctor's meditation classes. Simple, no "woowoo" and great training for the mind.
https://midlmeditation.com/

I also use Insight Timer app. As of today, I have meditated 2138 days in a row. No missing. May only get 5-10 minutes in sometimes, but I make it a point to sit EVERY day. Just like exercising...make that commitment to yourself!

Still working between Cathe Live and Focus T25. Fun and tough.
BBL when I have more time.
HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 04:15 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Chele I was just wondering last night if you were sticking with your new habit of meditation. I tried it several years ago during my father's illness before he died. It was a very stressful time and I was trying anything to help calm me. I don't think it really helped and I didn't stick with it. I hope you can make it a solid habit because so many find it so beneficial.
I’ve been doing it nightly -5 to 10 minute meditations. They have a longer ones on Peloton but I’m starting off slow. I’ve been doing it daily since January 1. I think it helps some but not as much as I am hoping in the future. Definitely takes practice. My mind always wanders and I’m only doing short meditations. Using some of the breath work has been helpful with relaxing before bed. I will keep plugging along since I made a commitment to see if this technique works for me.

Kate…your update gives me motivation to continue. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 01-25-22, 07:58 PM  
Mickey12

Nice to hear from you Kate, I know things are so busy for you now. You’re a rock.

Tonight I did another new workout, Ilaria’s Athletica 3. This one was tough since she did some of the exercises for two minutes. That’s a lot of reps! I liked the music because it was similar to the live drum music she used in her earlier workouts. I’m pretty sure I’ll be sore tomorrow. Good stuff.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 01-25-22, 09:23 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today I did Chris Dorner's Upper Body Supersets and cardio intervals. It was 5 rounds of two upper body exercises followed by 1 minute of cardio, repeated 3 times for 2 rounds and twice in 3 of the rounds. I did enjoy it. The cardio was easily modified and she didn't rush through the upper body movements. Other than that, I've been doing a lot of walking and stretching.

Good to see you post, Kate! Hang in there.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 10:39 AM  
ChelePA

Tried a new type of class with my Peloton app today. Treadmill Boot Camp. This one was bodyweight only. So in between walking or running (for those who can) circuits, it was primarily core exercises with some lower body strength. They also have Boot Camps for the bike that I can’t wait to try. And starting this Saturday they are offering boxing classes. I’m hoping I might be able to do some of these classes. We’ll see if they focus on the upper body. I finished today with a beginner Pilates class. It was perfect because it was more of a mobility class that did some strength/core but stretching as well.
Old 01-26-22, 11:01 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA that Treadmill Bootcamp workout sounds great! KCM has one called Home Gym Intervals that alternates treadmill with upper body weights. I really enjoy that format for some reason. There is so much variety and transition back and forth between cardio and weights means I don't get bored with one or the other.

Cataddict give that 'lil Olly a squeeze for me please. Your avatar photo of him is so adorable.
Old 01-26-22, 03:56 PM  
manleym

Going back to the football games last weekend. WOW! JUST WOW!! I think that was the best football weekends ever! So exciting and unexpected! And all of the fun happened in the 2nd half/last quarter. Or how about the last 13 seconds of the game! Bengals, 49ers, Rams, Chiefs. ALL unexpected wins and incredible games!

Hugs everyone!

Workouts:
Monday: Staff meeting after school ran late so I wasn't able do to Caroline's Shoulder workout. I subbed Cathe's Perfect Pump UB and forgot what a great short workout it is. I felt it yesterday.
Tuesday: Caroline Balanced Lower Body Workout - Dumbbells & Bodyweight EPIC Endgame Day 17. I really liked the structure of this workout - just different. Caroline does all of the weighted moves 1st, followed by all of the BW moves, which made them harder since we had just finished with the weighted moves. It was a nice change from alternating weighted with a BW move. I added on her 12 Minute Dumbbell Deadbug Ab Workout at Home. Great ab workout.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in