Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-21, 06:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, thank you for the glowing review of your IP. Is that the brand you have? My sister has a Cosori and I wanted one of those until I realize the size I want is not available. I was a little concerned about it being round when I’m used to an oval but I found that Crockpot makes a oval pressure cooker so I will probably get that one. I’ve been watching videos and did see that “25 minute chicken“ will actually take closer to 45 minutes what with the heating up and the slow release. I saw a video of a quick release shooting out like a volcano and wasn’t real thrilled with that in my tiny kitchen. I am feeling much better from my sinus infection but hubby is still coughing a lot. Claims to be feeling better however :-).

So I was going to work out today but then …I was trying to put my blender in the bottom cabinet without dropping it (The carafe is glass) and ended up straining a muscle in my back. This is the same muscle I keep pulling over and over again so you think I would learn :-). It’s not terrible but will probably take a few days to be normal again.

I saw a cartoon online where they show a door that says 2022 and a bunch of people are peeking around the corner at the door, one has a long pole and is very carefully opening the door. :-)

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 04:00 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Happy new year ladies!
Old 01-02-22, 05:56 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!

I did some short, mild Jessica walks today to make it to 250 steps/hour from 8-4. I'm still sick and in ATL. Starting to feel better and hoping to head back to SC tomorrow.
Old 01-03-22, 02:17 AM  
patchworkpenguin

So my back is feeling a lot better but I’m trying to be careful.

SB, how is your back doing?

Old 01-03-22, 10:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PENGUIN, my back's about the same. It's ok until I do something, lol. If I'm on the heating pad and reading it's fine. But pretty much any kind of exertion sets it off. I'm glad yours is feeling better.

CAMBET, so sorry to hear you're sick.
I hate to say it but it may very well be covid. Practically everyone I talk to has it around here. It's a good sign you're doing some mild movement.

Hi NORA.

Stay safe and well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 08:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So, Tuesday I was ready to get back to exercise and then I walked into the door frame on my blindside. No, really! I walked into the door! This twisted my back in about the same place I keep hurting it. Lower lumbar on my right side. It’s supposed to snow tomorrow so I ran a bunch of errands today. OK I waddled :-) including going to two grocery stores.

After looking into instant pot so I ended up just buying another crockpot. It’s a Pioneer Woman so it has lots of pretty flowers on it :-).

Old 01-06-22, 11:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PENGUIN, oh no!
I hope this new back pain resolves quickly.
We have some snow forecasted for tonight too. Enjoy the new crockpot!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-07-22, 07:51 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So my back pain is almost resolved. It felt back to normal today until I started doing laundry! but now I feel it’s too cold to exercise! It’s 27* outside and feels pretty cold inside. So basically I’m going to sit on the couch underneath the blanket until it warms up a little :-). I am totally ignoring the fact that if I got up and moved around I would probably be warmer :-)

SB, I hope your back is feeling better.

Old 01-08-22, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PENGUIN, my back is about the same. It's not too bad if I'm resting it and reading but once I start doing something it flares up so I guess it's not getting better. I don't blame you staying under that blanket. I did venture out for a little shoveling yesterday. Of course that brought the throbbing pain back but I took advil and rested afterwards. My neighbor does most of it with his snowblower and my DS said he would come by today and do it but it wasn't too much and I hate not being able to do things myself so I went for it.

Old 01-08-22, 10:49 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

I guess it's about time for me to check in! I'm sorry to hear about all the back pain, walking into doors, and general not feeling well stuff. I hope you all continue to improve.

I've been walking a bit (weather permitting) and doing some Cathe Power 30 UB and LB. For cardio, some Kari A. and some Leslie mostly.

I haven't really left the house a lot to be honest. There's so much Omicron around here that it gives me pause! I know many who have it.

This morning my DH sold his elliptical machine because he prefers his echelon bike now. That elliptical thing was huge, and taking up a lot of room in our workout room. I'm looking forward to today's workout and will do something probably danceyish so I can enjoy my newfound space!