Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-16-21, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Saying hi to all!
I'm still here and reading about you all but I just can't participate just yet. Still nursing this latest setback.

Glad you're all keeping busy with walks and good workouts. Stay well!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 11:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

My dentist appointment turned out to be more exciting than it should’ve been :-) while the hygienist was scraping the tartar off of my tooth the crown came off! I’ve heard of this happening before and knew that if the crown came off it needed to come off so it could be glued back on! Unfortunately, it came off because of a cavity so while they glued the crown back on if it doesn’t stay the only alternative is to have the rest of the tooth pulled. It’s the very top back tooth so it shouldn’t matter that much. My dentist said that they could do an implant etc. but it would be a lot of work and expense and then not turn out well or last very long.

So now I’m terrified that it’s going to come out again :-) probably on a Friday night so I’d have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to get it glued back on.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 08:49 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello. No workouts to report (though I've done segments of CH Elite here and there). I've been busy in the mornings and fall asleep at night before I can get in a workout (or if I don't fall asleep, I just can't muster the energy). I take up my last final today, so the grading continues. I've also had a lot of meetings over the last two days. Very much looking forward to finishing up and getting my life/routine back.

SB - Hoping that your back feels better soon. Hang in there!

Penguin - I'm not a big fan of Jessica's weight work; I do like KCM, but I prefer more taking things at my own pace when it comes to weights (unless I'm just doing light weights). I'm sorry to hear about your crown popping off, but at least it happened while you were AT the dentist. I had a crown pop off as I was flossing right before going to a dentist appt, so I couldn't have asked for better timing. It does make you a little gun shy after one pops off, but I tell myself that the newer cement is better, and it will be ok and try not to worry about it. I hope it doesn't cause more of a problem for you.

Nora - Good job with your walks!
Old 12-17-21, 10:33 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

The weather has been mild here lately wiwth all the road ice melted. I've been taking advantage of this little reprieve to get my walks in. Also, a few days ago, I threw in UB stacked sets from Cathe.

SB- Do anti-inflammatories help at all with your back? I only ask because when I was having back problems, navoproxin/Aleve really relieved the pain.

Cambet-You sound busy!

Hello to PP.
Old 12-17-21, 09:36 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, thank you for the reassurance about the new cement :-) I hadn’t thought about that. I think this was the first crown I ever got which was probably in my teens, a long time ago. :-)

Nora, glad to hear your weather is improving too. Good job on the Cathe weights

SB, any improvement in your back?.

Hubby and I have both been feeling tired recently, I took a nap on Wednesday and he slept for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon after coughing for a while. So instead of my work out today, I took a nap. The weather has been swapping back-and-forth between hot and cold again recently. It’s currently almost 70° outside at near 9 PM. Sunday we have a cold front to look forward to :-).

Old 12-18-21, 10:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Not much improvement yet. I may have to bite the bullet and go to the doctor for a cortisone shot or something. I've been trying to avoid that but nothing else seems to be helping,ie.rest.

NORA, good to see those outdoor walks back in the mix. When I had my last sciatica flare-up 3 years ago I lived on Advil, not a great solution obviously. I'm trying to rely on anti-inflammatories a little less this time. I'm taking one Aleve a day not to overdo it and it gives minor/temporary relief.

CAMBET, hang in there, the end is near.
DD has been swamped with grading too this last week.

PENGUIN, ugh on the dental woes.
My dentist suggested an implant for me too but I'm not going that root at this point.
Good luck.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 12:57 AM  
patchworkpenguin

A sinus headache for most of the day kept me on the couch listening to an audiobook

Old 12-19-21, 08:49 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I graded an exam from 9-4, almost nonstop (except for when I was getting up to get snacks or do laundry), so to mix things up I told myself that I had to get in 1000 steps every hour. So, I did 2 of Jessica's Fast Fat Blasts: Dance Party & Power Pick Up and CH Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day. It was kind of fun and helped to break up the monotony of the day. I tacked on 15 minutes of CH Elite: Rope & Ride last night and made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

I'm looking at an all-grading day again today, but I'll find ways to get in some movement. I do have a birthday lunch around noon for one of the Italy-crew, so I'll take a break for a couple of hours and then get back to it.

SB - Sorry to hear there's not been much improvement. Maybe a doctor visit isn't a bad idea.

Penguin - Naps are good! I'm sorry to hear that you have a sinus headache. I hope you (and your hubby) feel better soon! We've also had very mild temps. I'm not a fan of cold weather, but it is necessary and it's not supposed to be in the 70s & 60s in December! Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 48, so we'll get a couple of cold days, but then back to temps in the 60s by next weekend.

Nora - Glad the mild weather means that you've been able to get in some walks.
Old 12-20-21, 05:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Ha ha Cambet - that little weather reprieve was short-lived! It's freezing here now. Yes I did get my walkies in while it lasted. Yesterday though, I was pretty slow and cautious in the cold and snow. My usual 50 minute walk took me 65. That spill I took last winter has sapped the enjoyment out of winter walking for me, I'm afraid.

Today, I did an old Donna Reed DVD.

SB- I'm sorry to hear that you are not bouncing back. I think you need to bite that bullet and go see a doc.

PP - I hope your head is better.

Well, up here in Quebec, Covid is going crazy. We are going into partial lockdown as of 5 today. On the positive side, good excuse for not getting Xmas stockings together this year!
Old 12-20-21, 06:48 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I am feeling much better today :-) and catching up on chores that I didn’t do while I felt stuffy.

My beloved crockpot is starting to die, The digital timer is going out, while I never leave it going when I leave the house I don’t trust it anymore. I don’t like the new style of slow cookers so I was interested in an Instant pot. I’ve read through a couple chicken recipes and watch the video to see what I’m getting myself into. I know that the IP can do a lot more than a slow cooker. I texted my sister and she seems to really like hers. I am curious to know if the metal liner comes out for cleaning? Anybody have any experience?

Nora, sorry to hear about the lockdown and your lack of enjoyment of winter walking which is completely understandable. It’s supposed to get down to 28F tonight here.

Cambet, what a good idea to do short workouts to break up your grading :-) Hubby is still not used to his desk job and has started taking walks, this also counts going to the bathroom which he tells me is an 8th mile away from his shared office. While we don’t exactly want snow on the ground Hubby and I were wondering if we aren’t exactly in “the Christmas spirit” because of the warm weather. The azaleas in back are blooming! Obviously they are confused too!