Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-21, 01:39 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Moms of school-aged kids and tweenagers, Oct-Dec 2021

Hi all! Stephanie, that's so cool you started your own business. If I hire you, would you come out here to help? I'm curious how it's going. We'd love to make some updates to our home but there's a huge shortage of materials here. Tons of houses are being built and the builders are heading to Home Depot because they can't get stuff from their usual suppliers, and there's not much left for anyone else. Is the Conqueror Challenge the name of the app?

TonyaK, DD has a history of fibbing and being sneaky. I feel like we always address it and at the same time, no consequence has ever seemed to make a huge difference. I keep trying to decide whether that's what this really is. I mean, I suppose we all get distracted when studying or doing house work and such, but lying about it seems worse. How's PT going? Are you feeling better?

DS is sleeping a bit better, I think. Being on fall break and traveling last week probably won't help though. I feel it's important I help him understand that not sleeping great now and then is normal! Stephanie, the note thing might actually work. At least, he'll have something to do and feel occupied!

We went up north Thur. and came back yesterday. My race was Saturday and went really well! I was supposed to run with a friend but she decided not to go for some reason and I was nervous about running alone. I was afraid I'd be slow and it'd be torture but it went well! I wanted to finish in under 90 minutes because DS was running a kids' kilo 90 minutes after my start. The race was a tiny bit short--5.95 miles instead of 6.2--and I finished in 1:23. I didn't have as hard a time with the altitude or hills as I expected and it was so nice up there.

Overall our trip was pretty laid back. We did a short walk, I did a short solo hike, we ate out, watched movies, went to laser tag, and the kids did a ropes course. DS wanted to do that because he did it before COVID and had trouble. This time it was easy for both of them, and they're ready for the adult course next time!

Quick other stuff--I took DD to the Gold Over America show on 9/22 and we had fun with the other moms and girls. DH took a quick trip to CO and visited his parents. The kids have one more week of fall break and hopefully won't be bored stiff by the time they go back!

I have Monday 10/11 off and am looking forward to that. I signed up for a 5K on 10/24 so I have a reason to keep running. I'm feeling meh about Halloween, trying to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving and December.

And I think that's it! Hope everyone joins me on this thread!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote