Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-21, 11:30 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

OK, I'm skimming posts but I'm here! And I've been using Peloton Digital, so Daphne you can look for runwnyah--that's me! There's something so satisfying about having a space set up exactly the way you want, isn't there? I feel like my workout room is finally like that. Though of course there's always room for improvement! Not literal room, more figurative. I still haven't tried Hydrow though I am using my rower.

I have the same fluid trainer! Though I confess I haven't used it or my road bike in over a year.

Alison, did you ride on roads or on isolated paths? I generally only ride outdoors on Sundays near the house. There are some new paths designated as multi-use and free of car traffic but I have to drive quite a ways to get there so haven't tried them yet. That's what puts me off cycling.

Vantreesta it sounds like you're doing well! That's some crazy weather you're having there. We've had SO much rain this year it's as buggy as Atlanta was and of course there are also scorpions, rattlesnakes, etc.

I'm still hoping to make it to the D.C. area in the spring. DD got her first vaccination shot last week. DS is still too young (he's 10) so I'm hoping it becomes available before spring break. I'm a little hesitant to take him on a plane until he gets it. He tends to have weird reactions (mostly hives) to viruses.

Things here are pretty much the same--lots of kid activities, we're making regular use of our pool, and I've managed to get in some paddling on weekends. My job is so laid back compared to the old one. There's been a ton of turnover but I think everyone in my group now will stay a while and they all seem nice.

We are having some issues with my dad. He was in the hospital shortly after I returned from ATL. He's had multiple myeloma for many years and it was basically kept at bay with chemo pills. His calcium levels got high and he needed dialysis. My brother flew out and stayed a couple of weeks. They switched my dad to different meds and he did hire someone to drive him to doctor appointments and such. Now apparently the new meds are making him confused. My brother called Monday because my dad's friend called him, concerned about our dad. My brother wanted me to fly out and stay two weeks and I told him that was impossible, plus we can't just keep flying out. My dad needs some change in living situation--either to move or hire someone to come in.

So my brother is talking to him and I'm kind of on standby. I said I could fly out for maybe 5 days but not just to visit. I'd fly out to help set something up. Feeling a little bad that I don't feel more responsible, but my dad just refuses to listen to me so why keep trying to talk?

I can't remember if I mentioned it but I signed up for the Flagstaff Marathon 10K a while back. That's guiding my workouts these days. I'm back to running 3 days a week with the long run always on trail. The 10K is all trail and at altitude. I did the half marathon there in 2018 and it was TOUGH so I have no expectations for finish time, just want to not die!

I'm alternating runs with strength work from the Define and Align set I got on Prime Day. Each DVD is 30 minutes so I also fit in iFit or Peloton spin or iFit rowing or today some BodyCombat. I feel like I'm finally improving my fitness. Now if only I could drop a few pounds!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote