Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-11, 12:38 PM  
moonbeam31

Prevention 400 Calorie Fix?

Does anyone have this one or plan on getting this one? I like the looks of it by the clip! Just wondering! Any feedback would be cool! http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...x-workout-5972
Thanks
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 01:38 PM  
upperwside

Mine just shipped today from Amazon.. i like the look of the clips too.... so looking forward to getting it.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 02:02 PM  
like2bafit42

Ordered mine from Mary yesterday. Awaiting its arrival as I type.

Tonyia D.
like2bafit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 03:05 PM  
moonbeam31

ooh-cool, please let us all know what you think of this one! I like the looks of this one! I like the low-impact cardio and the strength circuts look good too!
Tracy
Old 03-02-11, 03:31 PM  
upperwside

Oops.. sorry i am worng. I ordered the one from Shape. Similar name with 400 calorie in the title!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 03:51 PM  
moonbeam31

oops- they have practically the same title! What's up with that?
Old 03-02-11, 05:04 PM  
cherimac

I've been wondering about the Prevention one because it's supposed to have lower impact cardio in the interval section and lower/higher in the cardio. I'm pretty much all about low impact these days!
Old 03-11-11, 12:16 PM  
moonbeam31

Anyone actually do this workout yet? I am curious-some people have said it is too easy. What do you , who have tried it out think? It looks good to me from the clips and I kinda don't mind if it is a little on the easier side.
Old 03-11-11, 12:53 PM  
cherimac

I just got it in a trade and have previewed but not done it. The people on Collage who said it was easy may be right, but it's labelled beginner/intermediate, lol. I wanted something with more low impact in it.

The main cardio workout does three or four low impact routines for about thee minutes and then adds impact to the same routine for two. There is a modifier to follow.

The circuit workout has four, I think, low impact cardio routines about 4-5 minutes each. In between you work the lower body, then upper body, then core. There is a separate warmup and cooldown/stretch.

I think the weight work looks to be pretty light. One thing I don't like is that the circuit and interval workouts are their own chapter. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably use the low impact cardio routines, skipping the weight chapters. Maybe I can FF through the weights or do them with upper/lower moves as more 4 limb type cardio.
Old 03-11-11, 03:09 PM  
moonbeam31

thanks for your overview on this one! I will probably get it or try to trade for it soon! The instructor seems good.
Tracy

Tags
400 calorie fix, prevention