Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sculpture: 25 minutes of Upper Body selections; Calves & Outer Thigh

I had a good workout with Margaret's Sculpture this morning.

Diana, thank you for the update about Linda. I know she hadn't been feeling well. It's good that she gets the medical attention she needs at the hospital. I hope she can come home soon.

Sandra, where do they keep the library time capsule?
Have you had the Sumo mandarines? My DH and I think they are the best of all orange varieties.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 11:07 AM  
JustSandra

Diana: Thank you for letting us know about Linda -- we appreciate it.

Linda: Please take care of yourself, and keep us posted when you can. We are all thinking of you.

Paine: I confess I buy whatever is in the bag labeled "Cuties!" But now I'll keep an eye out for the Sumo variety. I'm guessing the time capsule will be kept somewhere at the big downtown library -- and hopefully someone in management will remember about it lol.

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 11:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sandra, we like Cuties too but once we discovered Sumo mandarines, they became our favorite.
Old 01-03-22, 11:26 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hopefully medical minds can sort out Linda’s issues as long term solutions seem to elude her.

Sandra - The idea of a time capsule is fun! And, like Paine, I hope someone will remember to open it, lol.

Paine - MR is on my menu today too!

Waves to all, back later to post my workouts….

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 02:25 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone

Today's workouts:
- HealthBarre 30 minute Abs
- Beth's Daily Special Lunchtime Yoga #5. The spinal rotations and twists felt really good. I managed the balance work, so do think working on my balance is slowly paying off over time. Thank you Beth.
- Kate Vantucci's Hips and Shoulders. A nice well-rounded practice.

Sandra - Your comment about maybe not even caring about the time capsule in 25 years made me laugh.

Pam - on having to dig your truck out of the snow! Glad you made it off the mountain safely.

Paine & Pam Do you have any particular favourite series of Margaret's? I looked at buying some of hers but got overwhelmed with all the choice. In fact, I did buy something but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace!

Linda - So sorry to hear you are in hospital. Hope you feel better soon and can get back home to MM.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 03:06 PM  
cyana

Happy Moan Day! Back to work for me. We woke up to a dusting of snow and roaring winds this morning - yuck! I do believe winter is here whether I'm ready for it or not. I ordered some fleece-lined tights last week - too bad they aren't here yet!

I didn't do anything work-out wise but breath work yesterday. I ended up doing some bulk cooking - roasted up JSP's and russets, made 4 quarts of coleslaw and a pot of 13-bean soup. We had the soup for dinner and thought it was good and we'll have leftover soup for dinner this evening - perfect for this chilly day!

So far today I've done a round of N.O. dumps and 50 stability ball crunches. I'm going to do something with my resistance band when I log off here and I'm planning to Lee's live class this evening.

Diana
- Thanks for letting us know about Linda. I was wondering if she was feeling worse since she hadn't posted in several days. I hope she gets a speedy resolution and is able to be discharged quickly.

Paine - I know you're excited about your Sumos. I used the 13-bean soup recipe from the Bob's Red Mill web site, but used my homemade chicken bone broth instead of water. I'm looking forward to having leftover soup today. I think soup is like fine wine - gets better with age. Your mom mixing the collards and cabbage sounds like a good combo.

Pam - Yikes - getting down the hill in the blizzard sounded like it could've been rather hairy! I'm impressed with your 108 books in 2021.

Sandra - LOL about whether you'll care about the time capsule in 25 years. I think it's always funny when they actually bury those with the officials standing around with their brand-new pristine shovels and you know they did NOT dig the hole. Likely some city/government employee got that honor! Lying Poses for Flexibility sounds exactly what I needed yesterday after all that food prep.

Beth - I thought about our discussion about hairy Hobbit feet yesterday - DH and I were watching episodes of Farscape on Comet TV and they kept advertising some masculine hair removal system (serious man-scaping!). I asked if he didn't want to order one so he could cut his own hair and I got The Look.

Margot - I don't know why, but I never purchased much of Margaret's media. I used to record her show on VHS and do two of them back to back. Hooray on the improving balance!

Pat - I normally do a light sauté on my collards. I chop them into ribbons and toss them into a little hot oil in a large pan so there's lots of surface contact. I used some leftover bacon grease with this batch. I rarely steam my greens these days, as a light sauté (usually in olive oil) seems to produce a better result. I seasoned them with Frontier Co-op Adobo Seasoning, which has become my favorite all-purpose seasoning blend.

Must get back to work. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 03:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, glad you enjoyed my new practice! I really liked that practice from Kate yesterday; I still need to try the hands-free one that Pam recommended.

cyana, LOL - DH isn't that hairy, but I have made those jokes with him too. I'm home today doing chores like laundry (bleech) and making bean soup (yum!).

I enjoyed this little barre routine today:
https://youtu.be/xQkSScla4H0?list=PL...p5HS_KPvhAbq6y

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 05:16 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

In the last morning I went for a 1.5 mile neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson and my DH.

Margot, I have sooo many Margaret Richard DVDs that I love. If you want to buy a Season, I love Season 19 much more than Season 20. The episodes in Season 19 are short workouts, about 25 minutes and include a warmup and cool down. Here are some of my favorite Margaret DVDs:
Good 'N Strong
Good For You
Getting Better
Beauty to the Bone
Muscle & Grace
Strong and Limber for Life
Raising the Bar
Sculpture is probably her hardest. I used to do the entire workout a lot a few years ago but now mostly do segments of it.

Cyana, I love having soup leftovers! I bet you are a good cook.

Beth, I bookmarked that Standing Barre workout--thanks for posting it!
Old 01-03-22, 07:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s Toning Walk from her Walk On 30 day set
~30 Min Hands Free Yoga Flow (YT) - I think lunar flow & hands free practices are the theme of my Sadhana. I look forward to doing Beth’s latest.

Margot - I have 2 digital seasons of Body Electric, 19 & 20. I have done almost half of 19 and I really like them a lot. The workouts are effective, instruction is excellent, and Margaret is lovely. She has gotten me into using ankle weights.

Cyana - I hope work will be less crazy busy for you this year. Your bulk cooking sounds delish!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 09:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: For this Margaret Monday I did Sandra's Total Body Premix from Good N Strong (choosing exercises from both Volume 1 and 2). I've also been keeping up my outdoor walks.

Margot: I'd suggest Margaret's Season 19 if you don't have anything of hers. The short episodes are very versatile -- you can just do one if you are pressed for time or combining with something else, or string together two or three for a longer workout (although I admit I don't know how easy it would be to skip the extra warmups and cool downs on a download versus a dvd). Of her regular workouts, I like Good N Strong, Beauty To the Bone, Good For You and Getting Better, and Strong and Limber For Life (but only the "strength" part!).

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote