Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-27-22, 06:56 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you Donna and Carol for birthday/anniversay wishes to Oliver. He is a very much loved member of our family and has totally captured our hearts. Adopting Oliver is the best thing that happened to us last year. He is a very happy, cheerful and well adjusted cat. We're very lucky!
Old 01-28-22, 12:51 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Today's workouts were:

Caroline Sandry - Shape Up Lower Body
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 3

I had a bad night with insomnia last night so I woke up late and had to rush more than I would have liked!

DD is not terribly sick at all - so that is good and so far DH and I don't have symptoms.

Dana - Oliver is also very handsome!

Carol - I must schedule another session w/ Madeleine!

We are not supposed to get much from this storm - which is fine by me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 08:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today workouts were

Senior Shape - Cardio and Strength Workout - 34 minutes & 10 Minute Stretch

Lauren's cardio and strength workout was structured with intervals of 4 45 second cardio moves and 4 45 second strength moves and then on to the next round. There were 4 total rounds. I used my 5lb weights for most of the strength work, but used my 3's for a couple of exercises. Lauren the Beast used 8s.

The Stretch was a lovely stretch done on the mat. Very relaxing!

I spent my day off filing in my home office and running a couple of errands. Also changing internet/phone/tv providers to AT&T Fiber. I hope we like it better than what we currently have (Suddenlink/Altice - which goes up almost every month).

Donna - Glad that your DD is not having a bad time of it and that you all haven't developed symptoms.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 10:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Balanced Pilates (BP) Boxing Pilates A - 30min
BP Mat Pilates - 25min

Boxing Pilates was only OK. Lindsay used 1lb weighted gloves and I used 2lb soft weights. The moves were quick and somewhat awkward. Next time this comes up in a rotation, I may pick another cardio workout instead.

Mat Pilates built on last week's Basic Mat Pilates and I liked this one a lot. It focused on strengthening the core and mobility. I felt really good afterwards.

I've been up since 4am - compliments of Oliver. He was just full of cheer and happiness this morning, and in great need of hugs! I can't resist that boy!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-29-22, 10:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on a Caroline Sandry kick -

Today was:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Core - this is a walking style workout with intervals of core strengthening exercises. It is pretty low key but pleasant overall.

Caroline Sandry - Chair Pilates - Total Body - I did enjoy this one - she moved between standing and seated exercises - some upper body, some lower body and some core.

These aren't the hardest workouts on the planet, but pleasant and low dread.

Dana - Hugs to Oliver!

Carol - Good job w/ Lauren's workout. So far, so good on the COVID here - DD isn't any worse and DH and I have no symptoms.

Hope everyone has a good day - we also got the perfect snow amount - less than an inch - just enough to brighten things up outdoors but not enough to shovel or worry about driving....

Donna
Old 01-29-22, 08:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk At Home - Walk Run Lift 2 Mile + Lift - 40 minutes

This was faster paced than I am used to. It was almost frantic, but not quite. It was structured a little differently than the other Walk Run Lift workouts I've done. This one had a relatively long fast walk segment, then a short segment with the band (but while you were still walking etc), then a 14 minute segment of 2 minutes running, 2 minutes walking (roughly), a cool down walk and a 5 minute lifting segment.

Donna - I have that Chair Pilates set - I need to dig it out and do it.

Dana - You are a better sport than I am. As much as I love my dogs, I would be very cranky if they got me up at 4 am.

Carol
Old 01-29-22, 09:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana - You are a better sport than I am. As much as I love my dogs, I would be very cranky if they got me up at 4 am.
Carol, I just admire Oliver's cheerfulness and his unbroken spirit after what he'd been through in the past. He'd been abandoned twice (for whatever reason) by people, and still managed to maintain a trusting and loving attitude towards us - humans. I love him for that and that's why he gets away with waking me up with hugs at 4am. And I reciprocate.
Old 01-30-22, 08:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I just admire Oliver's cheerfulness and his unbroken spirit after what he'd been through in the past. He'd been abandoned twice (for whatever reason) by people, and still managed to maintain a trusting and loving attitude towards us - humans. I love him for that and that's why he gets away with waking me up with hugs at 4am. And I reciprocate.
You two were made for each other!

Carol
Old 01-30-22, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Modern Interval
Trifecta Pilates - Gentle Pilates

Both were enjoyable! It has been a long time since I did Modern Interval so it felt fresh to me. Beth's was a gentle stretch.

Yesterday afternoon I did a Gentle Yoga w/ Nadia Narain. Doing Carolne's Pilates reminded me that i had purchased digital copies of multiple "New Shoot" videos - including yoga practices w/ Nadia.

Oliver

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday -

Donna
Old 01-30-22, 10:25 AM  
buffmama

Quick update: I finished Balanced to the Core Pilates for Strength challenge and am moving onto her/Gretchen's 30 day Self-Love Challenge. I got so much from the last challenge I'm hoping to keep up the momentum and learning.

Usia: Your Oliver story made my day! You're both lucky to have each other.