Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-22, 05:54 PM  
Helen

Wednesday - Australia Day (public holiday)
Got back to what was becoming routine:
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 13
1 hour, dog walk.
15min, YouTube - BodyRock - 14-Jun-2011 See Your Abs Workout
18min, Adriene Mishlet - 30 Days of Yoga - Day 12 Spinal Health

Took Alice down to the harbour expecting the usual events for the day. Nope - no events at all. Quite a few people out, but nothing more than a normal weekend on a sunny day. Our walk included the doggie beach, of course.

Today (Thu) is the last day of my holidays - back at work tomorrow.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 09:24 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Belated Happy Australia Day! I hope you are enjoying your last day of holiday. Work gets in the way of fun, but it needs to be done.
Waves to Cleda!

1/26 - Tally was not herself yesterday, so no dog walk, which meant extra basement time.
3 Miles w/ Leslie
30 Min. Pop Walk w/ Kirsten. This was tougher than I expected based on the rating, but it was good. Kirsten is one of the new Peloton instructors and I like her, don't love her, if that makes sense. I usually pick a workout based on the music playlist and I've liked hers.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 05:10 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not too far behind

But no time for shout outs and chat!!! Sorry. Maybe later.

1/26/2022: 45 mins. Full Body Strength with Andy (+ 10 mins. Warm up before), 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Ben Alldis (for the challenge - and this was another tough one!) 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley, 5 mins. post ride stretch

1/27/2022: 15 mins. Progressive run
with Selena, 11 mins. Naomi Joy Rebounding

Good week so far.
More later. Have tog et my workout in before work.
Make it a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 10:05 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/27 - dog walk
KCM's CardioFit w/o 1
10 Min. Solution Carb Burner, w/0 1

This was one of Kelly's latest and I liked it. Could I have lived without it? Yes. It did work well with getting my steps in on a strength day, so I'm glad I tried it.

Old 01-28-22, 08:03 PM  
Helen

Australia Day here isn't anywhere near as big a deal as your 4th of July is to you - we still have the Queen after all. But it's always a nice family summer holiday.

Thursday
For the last day of my holidays, DH suggested we take Alice down (half-hour drive) to the lake inlet. Like a beach with white sand, but the water is more lake-like as the waves are ankle-height only. And swimming clicked with Alice for the first time. It was wonderful to see her actually swimming calmly.

Friday
First day back at work - nothing apart from a lovely 2 hour walk with Alice around the harbour, doggie beach, ... after work.

Saturday now - lately I've really moved into sloth-mode, doing little other than dog walks. Since DH came home really. Need to shift gears - he's been home over a week now - honeymoon period is over.

LILI
We all could live without most of the workouts we have, but they're our very healthy hobby!

CLEDA
Hhhmmm.... rebounding. I'm undecided whether I really don't like it, or just haven't done enough to be good enough at it to like it. Maybe short things like that 11min Naomi might help.... Shall look into it.

Happy Weekend!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-29-22, 07:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Saturday ramblings

Helen: Our very healthy hobby indeed!!! I'm not sure I bought many last year (Maybe Cathe's bands one and a KCM or two in the beginning of the year?!) But then I remind myself I just don't need more. I really don't. I passed on this latest round of KCMs (and not really sorry!) I have so many virgin dvds to do and I have so many that i haven't done in so many years that they would seem new to me.

Rebounding? I like it because it really seems to bounce out stiffness/soreness. But I do think that's from the bungee cords. It's not nearly as comfortable when I do it on my spring urban rebounder. I keep meaning to mention: it wouldn't get stolen at work. We have a very small office staff. . . and we are very blessed that we're more like a family. (Wait!!! Husband, wife & son ... so it is like family. A couple of workers have been there for many years. I am one of the newest employees and I'm going on 4 years. Once they arrive? They stay!) There's only 12 of us (or is it 14 ... I'm sure I"m forgetting someone). But only a few full timers and then the others only work a day or two a week. (Not unusual in a dental office). Still thinking about it. Honestly? If others used it and it wore out? Then so be it. Doesn't owe me a thing. I like to think that the rebounding really does help bounce out stiffness, lactic acid build up and GERMS. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.!!!

It's snowing, so I'm glad that we're not working this weekend. Of course we are not getting as hammered as parts of the Northeast., so I shall not complain (too loudly).

Ok, let's see ... on to the check in while I'm here:

1/28/2022: 75 mins. power zone endurance ride

DONE AND DUSTED!!!! Whew. Got that one out of the way. Week 5 looks awful for the challenge. (It usually is. Weeks 4 & 5. . .) Best just do it and get it done. (i will!)

Did I mention previously that I bought myself an Oura Ring? It's yet one more tech gadget. Tracking device. For sleep, recovery, heart rate, body temperature, etc, etc. Think Fitbit, but worn as a ring and the graphs/charts are prettier and a tiny bit more in depth. It tells me when I need recovery, reminds me it's bed time, etc, etc. I'm having fun with it and it's pretty spot on (or I know myself?) I've had it for 2 weeks now, so it's still gathering information about me and getting a baseline. Supposedly it can also detect if you're getting sick. (I hope that never happens). But it's fun and my new toy!!!! Days when I *THINK* I need a rest, not so much? Some days when I think I'm ready to go - I shouldn't be. It's all a learning curve. and we know I love tracking, graphs, data, etc ... so it's all good. The subscription was included for the first 6 months. Whether I'll keep it after that? Who knows ..... But for now? I'm having fun. It told me today that My readiness score is "79" and GOOD. That my overall readiness is good, but my resting heart rate indicuates that I might not be fully recovered. So it suggests I focus on lighter activities today. . . .Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Anyway ... gotta go do some "lighter activities" ... hahahahahahaha.
Waves to Lili and all reading!!!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 01-29-22, 03:39 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I think long walks with Alice are good for your heart and sole! Exercise is exercise, and it's more than most people do. After years of regular workout sessions, we have a tendency to dismiss a long walk as not counting, but it does count. And Alice is happy, so that's what really counts.
Cleda - Hubby bought some fitness tracker ring several years ago, but it didn't do all the things you mentioned. And since he doesn't workout, it really was a waste. Glad you are enjoying it! I'm sure you will get a lot of good information from it.

1/28 - dog walk
Shaun T's Dance Party
walking on the treadmill

I started a walking workout and stopped after 10 minutes. The treadmill is much more efficient.

Old 01-29-22, 07:41 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
• You had NOT mentioned the ring before (that I recall). I'm sure you'll have fun playing with the new toy.
• Speaking of new toys - haven't really played with my yoga trapeze yet - was going to have buddy-Kathryn over (she has one) to help but then Bridget arrived for isolation so the visit didn't happen - just like the gin afternoon planned with another friend.
• I've read somewhere that bouncing is super good for the lymph system - the third system (after blood & nerves) that's not well known by the general public but very important for immunity so a VERY good idea for me to do some. 10-15min/day is plenty apparently, for that purpose.

LILI
Thanks for the kindness about walking Alice - yes, it DOES keep her happy and I enjoy the daily walk with her but it's not enough. I'm losing muscle, and NOT weight.

Not sure WHY I'm not hitting the gym - but could be any/all of the following:
• heat/humidity - the latter especially, I'm constantly sticky!
• end of holidays so rebelling and want to STOP
• DH is home, so reluctant to go & do something alone
• too many other things to do that feel like higher priorities (garden, house, work).

So Saturday - another 90min dog walk.
Left it until 7pm and she still didn't last long - just too muggy.
Humidity hasn't been under 70% for SO long. Looking up the numbers, apparently anything over 50% at 65F (18C) or higher is considered uncomfortably high. So 70-80%+, and pushing 90F - yeah.....

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-31-22, 12:43 AM  
Helen

Could
Be ugly - on the phone

Sunday
32,min Shaun Thompson - Insanity Max:30 - Modifier Track
90min, dog walk

The workout was hard because it was so fast! Did the warm up without going to modifier but then just had to as I couldn’t keep up the speed of the moves and jumping them. Thought I’d blow my knee out or something - and just too hard for me. FitBut said my heart rate was in peak zone for 75% of the time.

Was also done in the middle of the day (hit /humid)
Walk with Alice was pushing dusk

Monday today - in the couch under the fan after work
Scheduled to jump with Kathryn at 6pm. Shall walk Alice afterwards. It hit 35C today (95F, 87%)
I AM MOTIVATED!!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-31-22, 05:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Glad someone's Motivated

Helen: Keep it up (being motivated!) Maybe some of it will rub off on me. Not feeling the love/motivation this a.m. :: sigh :: I will. I will. After I work out (it's a matter of dragging myself in there and just doing it). We're the opposite end of the spectrum for weather. It's been in the single digits when we wake up. We had snow on Sat. (but not nearly what many on the east coast got, so for that i"m grateful).

Lili: I could never do the "walking" workouts (although not for lack of trying! - evidenced by all the dvds I have!) They seem to hurt my hips. Never could figure out why. So I'm with you on the treadmill.

On to me, me and all me: (Since the month is wrapping up today - don't want to be too far behind in reporting)

1/29/2022: 10 mins. Warm Up, 30 mins. Strength (Andy Speer program), 10 mins. cool down (mostly on the rebounder), 20 mins. Denis Rock Ride, 10 mins. Cool Down ride wtih Bradley Rose, 5 mins. post ride stretch.

1/30/2022: 10 mins. Andy Speer warm up + 45 mins. strength Program (last of the 45 mins. workouts - hallelujah - wayyy too long), 20 mins. rebounding. (10 mins. from one video, 10 from the next - You tube). 10 mins. OTM (on the mat) stretch with Peter from Hydrow. (with a band - I liked it).

I am determined to bounce out those toxins and keep the germs at bay. Whether it works or not (and I do think it might -- thanks for validating that for me Helen!) it is fun and does feel good for the muscles. Glad I'm bringing it back. (latest covid test - negative - I test every couple of weeks, just to be on the safe side since I'm around so many people!!!)

February? Not sure. Maybe more "On The Mat" workouts with Hydrow. I like their mobility and stretch workouts (from what I've done). I think maybe I'll try and do more of them and do some exploring. (Hip openers, stretches, abs, core, etc.) we'll see. Maybe even do some videos. I am just not sure what direction I'll be going. I'll be on recess in 2 more weeks, so I have time for variety. Rowing challenge (4x a week at a minimum of 20 mins. per workout) begins today. So it will be in addition to that.

Onward.
Cleda