Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-22, 10:52 PM  
lynnf

Walk with DH in the rain before the cold came in, then barre 3 15 minute warm up and barre 3 stretch this pm. Now it's really cold, and will be for a while.

Diana, sounds like you cooked up a storm.

Linda, definitely don't do PT if you don't need it.

Cynthia, still deciding about Melt. Vegetables are a good plan. On WW you earn points for eating them now!

Cheryl, hope your sister recovers from everything soon. Good luck on the challenge starting tomorrow! I am planning to track on WW more regularly. I have been more consistent with meditation, so that's a start.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 11:44 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I know we aren't doctors but can you see the logic in this scenario? Pain on the left flank with bruising. If there was another cyst on the kidney that popped, burst, etc., that might bleed and cause bruising. It would explain the horrendous pain that was way too much to be torn muscle. And if a cyst burst there wouldn't be much left to see on the ultrasound 18 days after the fact, I assume. I'm ready to make up any scenario to get out of spending money to get to PT and that makes sense to me. It might even be true.

Feeling pretty good right now. Maybe I can stay out of the bedroom for a few hours tomorrow.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 07:08 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Linda Yay for feeling better.

Steps from yesterday: 16,470

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 10:45 AM  
seabliss

I got up this morning to start the challenge, but Heather had not released the workout yet. Turns out she would be releasing it at 7 AM Mountain Time. It was released a little over an hour ago here. The comments below the video are remarkable to me - "I've been counting the hours for this!" "I got up at 5 AM excited to do this!" etc. Like kids waiting in line outside a bookstore to buy the new Harry Potter book.

Anyway, it wasn't up in time for me this morning in Portugal, so I will have to start tomorrow, which is ok, because that puts my rest days on Wednesday and Sunday. The first workout of the challenge is upper body, so today I did a 30-minute lower body strength workout with dumbbells.

Linda, I hope you don't have to do the PT!

Diana, that's a lot of steps! Your meal sounds delicious.

Cynthia, I am also trying to eat more vegetables. I just made a meatless chili for lunch for us today. Also just cleaner in general. I got a bit too free-for-all.

Lynn, that's fun about getting credit for eating vegetables on WW! Also, I wanted to tell you that I noticed the other day that I finally can lie on my back and have my elbows touch the floor in a semicircle around me. The one shoulder was still frozen in Nashville enough that the elbow would be suspended above the floor in one area and it would hurt to push it down (but I did, gently). Anyway, for some reason, that is finally better.

Does anyone have weird quirks about how they like things when they work out? I don't like to work out standing on my mat. I move my mat out of the way when I am not doing floor work. I don't like the way it feels under my feet. So that's probably weird, I'm thinking.
Old 01-02-22, 12:17 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. I am not doing my normal Sunday Yin Yoga class due to Omicron. I am going to wait until Omicron fades before doing more in-person yoga. They say it should pass pretty quickly, maybe peak by Jan. 9. So I will wait it out.

Linda, so glad you are feeling better. And after my last PT experience with the frozen shoulder I am never rushing back to PT! Torture! But glad I got through the frozen shoulder.

Cheryl, how cool that your elbow is back on the ground! My shoulder is still not 100% back, and I still have to loosen it a bit before my hand can hit the ground for goal post, but it's great that continuing to exercise eventually gets things back to normal after a while and keeping at it. My PT told me that the last 10% is the hardest and requires much patience. How funny about the comments in the HR video. Heather has quite a following. Sounds like given the time difference, waiting a day makes best sense for you. Re standing on the mat, I suspect you feel better balanced on a harder surface. Not a weird quirk, really, but good proprioception in my opinion. I am very picky about certain things re alignment given my yoga and Alexander Technique training. So I ignore certain instructions (I rarely roll up from forward folds, but come up with a straight back), generally don't do crunches, always keep lower back curve in core work, and am always pulling in all sorts of props when doing yoga. People stare at me when I arrive at yoga carrying 2 of my own bolsters, 3 blankets and a strap and I always respond, have props, will travel.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 05:37 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 3 chapters of Kettlenetics Target Toning.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 10:23 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I received a message from Linda that she has been transported to the hospital. She approves me sharing this information. Hopefully they can get things figured out.

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-02-22, 10:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Oh dear, just when she was starting to feel better. Holding Linda in prayer.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 11:03 AM  
seabliss

Holding Linda in prayer also! If you get any updates, Diana, please let us know.

Today I did the first workout of Heather's challenge, upper body push. It was challenging, with cardio intervals at the end of every circuit (4 circuits 2x each). Tomorrow looks a bit lighter, all mat work. It's variety!

Lynn, I like the idea of bringing props for yoga! I think the thing that is remarkable to me re. the enthusiasm for a workout release is how Youtube and Spotify are changing the world. There are people on these outlets that are watched far more than CNN or the Today Show or other corporate media. And these people create their own content, with no one telling them what to do. Viewers love and respond to the content, and it can be quite interactive. We came to realize how important Youtube has become when we started researching a move to Europe. Anyway, that is fascinating to me.
Old 01-03-22, 11:06 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I checked on Linda this morning. There was a question if the problem was her appendix but she said the surgeon said that was fine. She's on IV antibiotics but there is no definitive as to what's going on. She will keep me updated and I will pass it along here.

Right now we are having wind gusts 60+ mph. Not sure about walking outside today. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Steps from yesterday: 10,005

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana