Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-22, 09:00 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was FITIN15 Upper Body and also Lower Body. Today was Lively Ladies newest 30 minute walk.

Pam, I’m glad your dd and her bf have mild symptoms. And that’s great you and your dh have not caught it.

Pam, I didn’t realize Total Gym had a reformer function. Sounds interesting!
Old 01-29-22, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on a Caroline Sandry kick -

Today was:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Core - this is a walking style workout with intervals of core strengthening exercises. It is pretty low key but pleasant overall.

Caroline Sandry - Chair Pilates - Total Body - I did enjoy this one - she moved between standing and seated exercises - some upper body, some lower body and some core.

These aren't the hardest workouts on the planet, but pleasant and low dread.

So far, so good on the COVID here - DD isn't any worse and DH and I have no symptoms.

Hope everyone has a good day - we also got the perfect snow amount - less than an inch - just enough to brighten things up outdoors but not enough to shovel or worry about driving....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 01:31 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a random strength workout. I also did some moves on my TG. I hear Jessica's new set is delayed, so I'll just keep doing my random workouts until that is released.

Donna, Lucky you with your lack of snow! I'm not sure what we have here but I'm going to guess it's around 6" which isn't too bad. The shore areas got hit hard with some areas getting over a foot! Glad to hear your DD isn't too sick and that you and your DH haven't caught it.

Pam, I have a knockoff TG that I've had for at least 15 years. I plan to upgrade to a real one when I move (hopefully next year). Even the one I have is pretty versatile, but the TG has a lot of attachments, like the cycle, and there's some other attachment for leg exercises. Mine doesn't have any of that, but it was all I could afford back when I bought it and it's served me well all these years, so I can't complain.

Sherry, I still do some of those FITIN15 workouts. Hard to believe that was 7 years ago now!

Waves to Liz!
Old 01-29-22, 05:52 PM  
Leonana

Today was FITIN15 Beginner Barre and Sculpt and Slim. Doing two workouts was a bit more intense than I thought! The Barre workout was interesting, all body weight and mostly lower body. Then I did some yard work.

Donna, glad you have no symptoms and that the snow storm was mild.

wishiwasinhawaii, it is hard to believe FITIN15 was seven years ago! Seems like it was just yesterday. I hope Jessica is able to finish the new workouts soon. I checked the L&S check in, but no update there. Have you tried the newest strength workout on you tube? I really liked that one.
Old 01-29-22, 06:00 PM  
lizh

Hi All,
Sorry to be MIA. No excuse but I've been very stressed with work. Ugh.

I've been getting my workouts in and doing Pahla B every day this week but yesterday my lower back was sore. It worried me since I think Pahla B was aggravating Donna's back, too?

I definitely do NOT want to aggravate my back further but I like the pace, intensity and length of Pahla's workouts. Sometimes I find her chatter calm and reassuring and sometimes it gets on my nerves.

I'm going to take some time today and go through my DVDs and Youtube to see if I can find a new or different instructor to explore for a while or fall back and find a Jessica rotation.

I'll check up on personals next time. Have a good weekend!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 11:11 PM  
Leonana

Liz, I think you might like Senior Shape or Silver and Fit. They are similar to Paula’s pace, and they don’t bother my back. Lively Ladies is also good, more walking workouts or walking with weights.
Old 01-30-22, 08:22 AM  
gjv

Just barging in to tell Donna that I loved her post in GD, on the aging gracefully thread. ❤
Old 01-30-22, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Modern Interval
Trifecta Pilates - Gentle Pilates

Both were enjoyable! It has been a long time since I did Modern Interval so it felt fresh to me. Beth's was a gentle stretch.

Yesterday afternoon I did a Gentle Yoga w/ Nadia Narain. Doing Carolne's Pilates reminded me that i had purchased digital copies of multiple "New Shoot" videos - including yoga practices w/ Nadia.

Gayle - thank you for popping in to say that!

Liz - I am sorry you are stressed about work. I really enjoyed Pahla's stuff as well - for the reasons you mentioned - but I did notice that whenever I did them my back would really act up. It is hard to tell, TBH, b/c my back always acts up - but it did seem worse when I was doing Pahla's stuff - which is so unfortunate b/c I enjoyed them! I second Sherry's recommendation for Lively Ladies and Senior Shape w/ Lauren. The Silver & Fit You Tube channel has some that are good as well. But, I think the big appeal of Pahla's stuff may be Pahla herself!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii - hope the snow wasn't too bad.

Sherry - Those Fit in 15 are good choices....

Waves -

Donna
Old 01-31-22, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did an add on w/ Caroline Sandry -Pilates for Beginners - Intro Workout. It was relaxing......

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1401 - I decided to subscribe to ETV for 1 Month for $0 - I enjoyed this episode - all standing w/ a little help from a chair for some exercises. It was nothing unusual or special, pretty much a CS episode - but they do work for me....

Lucy Wyndham Read - Boost Your Heart Health Challenge - Workout # 1
LWR - 7 Min Arm Toning Challenge

I decided to try Lucy's Feb challenge - it seems pretty manageable. I added on an arm workout from one of her 7 Min videos.

At some point today I'd like to add on some Pilates and maybe an outdoor walk - it is not going to be warm but it will be warmer and I can really use the fresh air and sunshine - and so can my dog.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
Old 01-31-22, 01:38 PM  
Leonana

Today I did HASFit’s newest Beginner Strength workout. It was really nice. Moves slow with 10 to 12 reps for each move. They were good basic strength moves, effective but didn’t kill you.

Liz, sorry to hear you are stressed about work. I hope it eases up.

Donna, I hope the weather was nice for your walk. One of these days I’ll get outside for a walk, I know it will help my mood.

Tags
tablet