Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-22, 06:03 PM  
Jules

I was going to do more Walk Strong today, but I felt like doing Cathe's Travel Fit. It's a good comeback workout since it is easy to control how hard it is by adjusting the band, plus the cardio is lower impact. I followed it up with Sleep Well: Space. Dragon pose was included and I did my own thing. Do anyone else's feet cramp up during child's pose? I have that happen a lot.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 04:24 PM  
Malinda

Hi FitChicks!

Jules - I’m sure you are glad to be easing back into exercising! And good grief, it sounds like the school is a giant petri dish - like so many other places. I need to stop by my office tomorrow and I am hoping to dash in, grab a few things, and dash back out without having to interact with anyone.

Kate - I was wondering if Justin got weekends off from radiation -- that’s good that y’all at least get a little break. I need to revisit T25. I tried to do a rotation of it when it first came out, but all of the hopping got on my nerves. I don’t mind jumping, but can do without all the hopping around. I know agility work is good for me, so I should try it again.

Workouts:

Saturday - Body Project 15 minute workout that someone posted about on GD. It was fun, light, and easy.
Sunday - Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch
Monday - L4 W7 D1 - Chest & Back circuit
Tuesday - L4 W7 D2 - Legs 50/50
Wednesday - Turbo Fire - Fire 60

I am using 20 and 22.5 lb dumbbells for chest, back, and legs! I know that seems like child's play to some people, but I’ve never gone that heavy before. My legs are getting very sore as the day wears on!

Fire 60 is my favorite Turbo Fire workout -- it is just so much fun!

Hugs & waves to all!
Old 01-24-22, 04:19 PM  
Malinda

Happy Monday, y'all!

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start! So far so good for me!

Workouts:

Th - L4 W7 D3 - Arms & Shoulders 50/50
Fri - Combat 60 - this is from the Beachbody set. I never do this workout, and now I remember why. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't flow very well in my opinion. I love all of the other ones in that set.
Sat - Breathless Body with DH
Sun - Pump & Shred - this is from the Beachbody Pump set. Opposite of my earlier Combat workout, I LOVE this workout and need to do it more often.
Mon - L4 W7 D4 - Total Body HIIT -- this is a tough workout!

So I'm all done with Week 7 of LIIFT4! One more week to go! I truly have no idea what I'm going to do next. The scale has been going up a bit for me since I've been lifting heavier. DH measures our food, I pretty much eat the same thing most days, and my clothes fit the same, so I'm assuming it's muscle. If I focus on the number on the scale too much, it makes me think I should do some lighter-weight, higher rep workouts for a while and increase my cardio. But I like these muscles, so I may have to re-calibrate how I interpret the numbers on the scale.

Waves to everybody!!!
Old 01-24-22, 06:19 PM  
Jules

Malinda: Congrats on putting on some muscle! I have the Combat/Beachbody workouts and they are good, but I prefer to do Les Mills BodyCombat workouts. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Out of the Combat workouts, I like the Power Kata one best.

I am mostly recovered from Covid, but I still have a cough and congestion in the evenings, especially if I do cardio during the day. I slept like a rock last night, so hopefully I am on the mend. Here are my recent workouts:

Wed: Cardio only from Cathe's 4 Day Split Kickbox + Travis Short & Sweet #1
Thur: Grocery shopping/errands in town
Fri: Cathe's ICE Metabolic Total Body
Sat: Les Mills: The Trip #20 (my knee felt good the whole time!)
Sun: 30 minute walk with the dog and watched NFL playoffs
Mon: Cathe STS M1/W1: Chest, Shoulders, Biceps + Ab Circuits: No Equipment

I don't want to think too hard about what to do right now, so I am going to do STS plus a mix of random cardio and yoga on the other days. I am not sure how long I will stick to STS. I will see how I am feeling and move on if I get tired of it!

I know we are not supposed to talk about diet, but the next paragraph is just general talk about food.

Have you ladies ever tried any home delivery meal services? I have been looking at Hello Fresh, Blue Apron and Home Chef. A lot of the recipes are available for free on their sites and I am buying the ingredients myself and trying them out. Hello Fresh seems to be pretty straightforward. I made their poblano corn chowder and it was tasty. I think I will doctor up some of their more basic recipes to add extra protein and flavor. I am also thinking about buying all the back issue recipes of Cuisine at Home. Their recipes take more skill and time, but are usually excellent.
Old 01-24-22, 06:35 PM  
Malinda

Hi Jules!

I am so happy to hear that you are on the mend! A good night's sleep helps so many things! And that's great that your knee felt good during The Trip!!!

Power Kata is my favorite of the Combat set as well.

DH does all of the cooking in our household, and he likes to wing it rather than follow a recipe (at least for everyday cooking), so I can't help you on the meal delivery situation. But if I was in charge of cooking, I might consider at least trying one of them.
Old 01-24-22, 07:07 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I haven’t tried any of the meal delivery services but the commercials sure do make them appealing. If you decide to check them out, report back. I probably won’t ever use them, but I would love to hear your experience. I’m glad you’re starting to feel better. You must be in great shape to do Cathe’s Travel Fit as a comeback workout. I always forget how tough that workout is for me. On the surface it feels like it should be an easier workout but man, i find it HARD.

Malinda great job on the muscle! I’m sure that’s where the difference in the scale is coming from. I’m intrigued by your comment that your husband measures the food for the meals he prepares. You guys are really dedicated! I definitely don’t have that kind of discipline. Of course, the extra pounds I have are proof of that.

I haven’t exercised all week. We were having our house painted and just about every night I was cleaning up dust or moving furniture and knickknacks to prep the next room. Everything is done now and I’m so happy. Love the colors we chose and everything is so fresh and clean.

Hey Kate and Linda. Hope you guys are doing well.
Old 01-25-22, 03:07 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Have you ladies ever tried any home delivery meal services? I have been looking at Hello Fresh, Blue Apron and Home Chef. A lot of the recipes are available for free on their sites and I am buying the ingredients myself and trying them out. Hello Fresh seems to be pretty straightforward. I made their poblano corn chowder and it was tasty. I think I will doctor up some of their more basic recipes to add extra protein and flavor. I am also thinking about buying all the back issue recipes of Cuisine at Home. Their recipes take more skill and time, but are usually excellent.
My son tried Hello Fresh. Good ingredients. Cost is so-so but they have lots of options.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 03:08 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick check in...SOOO busy and now I'm starting a 2nd part time job next week. And Dr. appointments and life. WHEW!!

Radiation and chemo pills started yesterday. Thank goodness Justin's dad and cousin are going to help with the driving.

Still working between Cathe Live and Focus T25. Fun and tough.
BBL when I have more time.
HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 08:04 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! My son and I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow due to parent/teacher conferences. My daughter is competing in back-to-back state competitions for Speech & Debate and DECA starting on Friday and will be on the road for 5 days. I get to take care of her hedgehog!

Yesterday I did Ultimate Yogi: Flexibility
Today was STS M1/W1: Legs + Ab Circuits: Stability Ball

I think I will enjoy a glass of wine tonight.

Kate: Thanks for the Hello Fresh feedback - you are doing great! No need to check in until you have more time.

Kim: Oooh - new paint! What colors did you choose? Sometimes a fresh perspective can make all the difference.

Malinda: Isn't it wonderful having a husband who cooks? Mine does as well, but he is feeling a little burned out at work lately, plus he lost his smell/taste with Covid and it hasn't come back yet. I am trying to take on more of the cooking around here to give him a break. He still likes to grill and cook for us on the weekends. We got an Ooni pizza oven for Christmas and used it for the first time on Saturday. The pizza turned out great!

Hello to Linda and anyone else reading this.
Old 01-28-22, 12:53 PM  
Mickey12

Jules good luck to your daughter on her state competitions. What is DECA? Oh, and her hedgehog, well that sounds like the cutest little thing. What is his name? Your life sure sounds busy with kids and working full time. I never had kids and I marvel at how people manage to fit it all in. I think my head would be spinning most days.

As far as the painting - I know the trend right now is lots of white and shades of grey, but I love color. Kitchen is spring green. We did the dining room a beautiful creamy, cream. The living room is a shade darker, called Honey Blush. The TV room is peach. The spare bedroom is a light tan. Master bedroom is lemon meringue. So, nothing too dark anywhere, but definitely color. Oh, except the hallway is white. I was afraid it would be too dark if we painted it a true color since it has no windows.

My workouts have been all new ones. I bought a bunch lately that I need to get to. I did Ilaria's Athletica Three. It was tough for me as some exercises were done for 2 minutes and, well, that's a lot of reps!

I bought Jenny Ford's Step Across America set - 50 step workouts in 50 states. I love the concept of this. I did the Oregon workout which was filmed on the beach.

Last night I did an old Denise Austin VHS from 1995 that I bought at the thrift store, Best of Hit the Spot. It's filmed on the beach on a gorgeous, sunny day. Definitely good for a gloomy winter day.

Hope you are all well.