Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-22, 11:05 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

This thread has got me thinking I should consider outdoor walking. I don't have a dog to get me started. I do know that when I get out and breathe in the cold air, it stimulates me and makes me feel better. Right now my energy level isn't great after being sick in December so I'll not be able to go far at first.
Old 01-22-22, 11:16 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
This thread has got me thinking I should consider outdoor walking. I don't have a dog to get me started. I do know that when I get out and breathe in the cold air, it stimulates me and makes me feel better. Right now my energy level isn't great after being sick in December so I'll not be able to go far at first.
Sometimes just getting out in the cold fresh air can give enough boost, even if you don't walk far. Yesterday was too cold for us to even walk half a mile but it still did us both good. (He still needed more exercise, of course, so we had fun playing hide and seek when we got back in the house. ) Hope you get your energy back soon!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 10:24 PM  
bjones

Yes, a dog does certainly make the walk more fun!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 11:39 AM  
wendug

Quote:
There are days I don't feel like going out for a walk, but once I get started I feel so much better! Who knows, maybe once you start you will realize you have more energy than you thought. Good luck!
Old 01-23-22, 12:26 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
This is very true! When I lived in NY and was working I used to go out at 6AM for a 2 mile walk then pick up my dog and walk him for about 30 minutes. I always felt this was my morning cup of coffee as it energized my so much. And I saw a lot of beautiful sunrises!
Hsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 12:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
Yes, a dog does certainly make the walk more fun!
A dog makes everything more fun!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 01:49 PM  
mimikz

Sierra.com is a tj maxx company that has good gear that's considerably less. I lean toward Mountain Hardware just because of the fit and quality. I believe it's the same company as Columbia. All the Smart Wool things I have are great too. Patagonia is good for thermal base layers but pricey; I always have waited for sales.

And yes, dogs make everything more fun. My three get me outside no matter the weather. I'm enjoying the 40s comments. It hit 30 at my house today and I thought it felt like spring was coming

M
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 03:18 PM  
Izzy

There are so many variants of “cold.” Yesterday it was 30, cloudy, damp and 20mph winds. The walk was brutal. Today, it’s sunny, 11 degrees, no wind and I shoveled for 1 1/2 hours and then walked. It felt like 40.

As for what I purchase; I have a variety. Stuff from Farm and Fleet, Columbia, Nike, LLBean, etc. I have so many varieties of my layers. Yesterday due to damp and windy conditions I had to layer up more. Today not as much. It just depends.

My daily morning walks energies me. I almost feel like I can’t start the day without it.

Tags
cold weather, outdoor walking