Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-22, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did my "PT" exercises w/ Annie Pilates PT - the piriformis program w/ the resistance loop. That one gets me every time. But it does provide relief.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2023 - I think - that is the # - it was an all standing workout
Charlene Prickett - Season 17 - Low Impact Cardio*

*blast from the past day! I really enjoy Charlene's low impact cardio - it is more intense and less boring than some of the walking videos out there. It is a bit dated - in this one she was talking about OJ Simpson and DNA testing - so I am guessing it was from the mid-90's. But it does stand the test of time. I always enjoyed Charlene. I also always hoped her daughter would take over after she retired, but I guess not. I read somewhere on VF that Charlene's DH passed away and that she lives in Hawaii now.

Anyway- that is it for my Friday!

Brenda - yes, I think they are making progress - they are coming tomorrow and I expect they will be here at least one day next week - but at least things are coming together. Of course, now the rest of the house is looking quite shabby. I would love to get my bathrooms and kitchen done. Not sure what to do first - I think my bathrooms look worse than the kitchen, so maybe that is where I go next. I'm on a roll and just want it all done. We do want to move when we both retire, but I'm not retiring for 5-6 years and you just never know - so I'd rather have the place fixed up so we can either enjoy it before selling it or enjoy it and live in it post retirement.

Carol - I don't get it. My DD's BF's Dad does not believe in the virus either. the Dad and his family are not vaxxed. The BF's mom and sister believe in it and are vaxxed. The BF believes in it and is vaxxed and boosted. This area is pretty good in terms of mask use and believing this is real, but there are always outliers!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 09:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Lindsay's Balanced Pilates Strength & Cardio w/dumbbels - 27min
GHUTV Gold Beginner's Power Walk - 25m

I continue enjoying Lindsay's workouts although they're not really pilates. Moves are creative without being weird and I like that workouts are short and move at a good clip. Before I know, it's over and I feel pleasantly worked out. I'm keeping this subscription for a while and will see how it goes. I cancelled Inner Dimensions (Travis) subscription in lieu of type of workout that suits me better. No matter how much I try, I'm not a yogini and never will be.

Today's GHUTV Power Walk bored me to tears - to the point that I couldn't even finish the last 10 minutes. I forgot that this was not my favorite walking workout so next time I'll have to plan in advance and pick something I really like.

I'm off today, so we plan to run errands and stock up on groceries for the weekend. I don't want to go to the stores on the weekends and deal with hordes of other shoppers.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-21-22, 10:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I don't know what posessed me to look at Leslie's Walk at Home website this morning and I like what I see! There is a new crop of walkers that appear to be younger and more diverse and there are quite a few men in the workouts too. I like the energy and more athletic approach to walking and I think I may sign up for the membership. The price is so reasonable that even if I use it sporadically, I will still be ahead. I'm OK if Leslie is not in any of the workouts, and I like Nick so I should be good with it. Carol, I believe you subscribe, right? How do you like it?
Old 01-21-22, 07:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I don't know what posessed me to look at Leslie's Walk at Home website this morning and I like what I see! There is a new crop of walkers that appear to be younger and more diverse and there are quite a few men in the workouts too. I like the energy and more athletic approach to walking and I think I may sign up for the membership. The price is so reasonable that even if I use it sporadically, I will still be ahead. I'm OK if Leslie is not in any of the workouts, and I like Nick so I should be good with it. Carol, I believe you subscribe, right? How do you like it?
I don't use it a whole lot, but I do like it for cardio days when I don't want to have to think about anything. I like the new crop of walkers and walk leaders too - good energy in the room, and better music than Leslie used to use.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 08:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength Workout with Adita 1/4/22 - 30 minutes

This workout was about 1/3 standing and 2/3 on the floor. I enjoyed it.

Whew! We made it to the weekend. All of us that are handling CoVid and contact tracing and communication issues have resolved that we will not communicate with each other until 4 PM Sunday. Everyone needs a rest. I don't think we can make it that far, but it will be nice to try.

Dana I like your description of Lindsey's workouts as being creative "without being weird". Sometimes it seems like instructors are creative for the sake of being creative, and not because it's a good exercise. Some of the walks on GHUTV are boring as all get out. I seem to remember not liking the Power Walk one either.

Donna - Glad the painting is going well. Yes, you are right - the more you have done, the more you will want to have done. I loved Charlene's It Figures shows. I wish she had put the seasons on DVD - I know she put some of them on DVD, but they cut out the filler for the commercial breaks and I thought it made the workouts not as good.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Carol
Old 01-23-22, 11:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bust exercise-wise, the painters were here from 7:30 to past 4:00 - but they are finished, other than some touch ups. Whew.

I'm glad it is over and the house looks so much better.

Today, back to it:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Combo (uploaded 12/24/21). This one reminded me a bit of the FIRM's 4 Limb stuff. I really enjoy this channel.

Lively Ladies - Mobility Flow Cooldown and Stretch (uploaded 1/20/22)

Not much else to report, have to put the house back together, do laundry, clean, etc.

Carol - I agree about Charlene's workouts - I liked the VHS versions where she talked about something during the commercial break and you could keep moving. I don't like the strength workouts from her show as much - they didn't translate as well to DVD, I don't think.

Dana - I know you what you mean - about creative w/out being weird. They sound good.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-23-22, 03:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

We woke up this morning to a surprise. Five inches of snow! Weather Channel mentioned in passing few days ago that Midwest will get some snow showers and flurries, but nothing about it being 5" of snow. Anyway, I've decided to go out early and clear our cars and shovel some snow before my workout. Result is, that I pulled something in my right back and I'm in considerable pain right now. I knew I should've done my workout first before shoveling because my muscles would have been warm, but no! Ugh. So, no workout for me this morning.

Hopefully, the ibuprofen will do it's job and I'll be able to get back to working out tomorrow. Waves to all!
Old 01-24-22, 06:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Ouch, Dana! Hope you are much better this morning.

Donna, as I recall, Charlene would often have you do the other side during the break and taking out all that time on the DVD didn't work well. Whoever did that editing did a terrible job. And yay! the painters are finished.

I didn't work out the entire weekend. NFL football was on during my prime workout time and I was watching the games, so I just didn't do it. I've got my plan lined up for the week, so I'm ready to go when I get home from work today.

Carol
Old 01-24-22, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I woke up quite stiff -not sure if it is from the LL workout I did yesterday or all the deep cleaning I did...but...today was an Ellen day....

Ellen - Power & Balance - 30 min
Ellen - Yoga Mat Work - 15 min

Dana - I hope you are feeling better. Shoveling snow stinks.

Carol - glad you enjoyed your football weekend

back to it today.....

Hope everyone has a good start to the week. I, for one, can't believe Monday is here already.

Donna
Old 01-24-22, 07:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I actually got a lot done at work today (and then when I got home too). I love productive days! My workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength Workout with Penny 12/31/21 - 30 minutes

These advanced strength workouts are definitely a step up from the intermediate strength workouts, but I like them.

Hope everyone is well. We had tons of new cases today in town. I keep waiting for things to slow down.

Carol