Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-22, 12:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning/afternoon (since I had the day off!) featured:

Senior Shape by Lauren - Full Body Barre w/ Mini Loop Resistance Band
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Morning Stretches to Wake Up

I enjoyed the barre workout w/ the resistance loop - realized that my left glute and hip is much weaker than my right.....but these resistance loop workouts really do help w/ my weak glute and hip muscles.

Carol - I hope you are feeling better.....crazy the way this virus works. I would need to add cardio to Lauren's playlist as well. I'm considering, once the painters are done of either subscribing to Walk at Home or Jenny Ford's site - for cardio. I suppose I can alternate as needed.

Dana - nice start to the program. I hear you on finding people do the work - we had used these painters before - so that was an easy choice and we had worked w/ our plumbers previously. I'm working on getting recommendations for bathrooms. But it is a job dealing with it all.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 08:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio - 12/22/21 - 30 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - 20 Minute Pilates for Beginners Workout

I really liked both of these workouts (both on YouTube). Good stuff!

I am feeling better, I guess. I'm still coughing and congested, but not getting any worse for sure. This week is likely to be extremely challenging for us. I personally know over 20 people who tested positive over the weekend. Luckily I haven't been hanging out with them.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Lively Ladies - Low Impact Sweaty Cardio Workout (1/14/22 Upload)
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners Full Body Basic Yoga Stretches

Not much to report about these - LL was as expected and typical of her other workouts, which is NOT a bad thing. Jessica Valent was my PT for the day.
And, I'm continuing on w/ Sarah Beth's Beginner to Yogi calendar - I'm enjoying it so far. It is on her streaming site, and I will probably not finish it before my $1 month is up - but I don't think I will subscribe b/c it is too pricey - $29/month - and that is too much for me to pay - especially with all the yoga DVDs I own plus the assortment of You Tube yoga out there!

Carol - oh my goodness, that is a lot of COVID floating around you. I'm glad yu are feeling better, though.

today is my Monday...

Donna
Old 01-18-22, 09:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I had a Board meeting that kept me at work longer than usual, so I just walked when I got home. It was relatively warm and sunny and there was no wind. Tomorrow is going to be a different story - a high of about 35 and a little bit of snow tomorrow night.

Dog Walk - 35 minutes

Carol
Old 01-19-22, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Can I just say I'm sick of the sight of my painting crew? It is a small business - we knew the owner from the church we used to go to. He is a great guy, very reasonable, but it is just him and one other person working - he says he is having a hard time hiring people - I remember when he did other work for us in previous years he had a larger crew. So, I do need to be patient since I know it is challenging working with limited staff - but I really want some peace and quiet again! LOL! They also start work at 7/7:30 so I need to be ready for them....which means rushing a bit. Oh well - this too shall pass.

January has been a turbulent month. My DD is not going to continue at her 4 year school, she is going to transfer to the community college. She is doing it b/c she is concerned that the classes she is taking at the small liberal arts college will not transfer well to a larger state university (which - is now her plan to transfer to U of MD - where, ironically, she got in as a freshman - to pursue Animal Science). I see her point - in fact there are cheat sheets that show the equivalent of classes at the local community colleges to the various state universities - but I am still uneasy to some extent about her decision. It is hard to be a parent and want to be supportive and know you need to hold your tongue on some things. I'm mostly concerned that when she finishes CC she will still not want to transfer to a large university and she will have eliminated the option to stay local...but I guess that is a worry for another day. Sorry to vent! Also the CC is virtual which is not the best at all for education - particularly if you are taking science classes with labs. The liberal arts school, being small, is in-person with a frequent amount of testing.

Moving on....

Last night I added on CS 2019 - I felt the need for it after a long day of sitting. It felt good!

Today, inspired by yesterday's success with CS I did CS 2020 followed by Jessica Valent's - Quickie Arm Burn. I'm loosely following JV's calendar this week - there is one more weight workout on the schedule for today but I had to cut it short to be ready for the painters.

Carol - jealous of your temporary nice weather! We have had some cold temps and some dreary days here. Today it is going to be in the 40's though so that is a good thing!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-19-22, 08:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I woke up late today and don't have the time to get my early morning workout in. I have to go to the office today but I hope to get something in later.

I had serious DOMS after doing Lindsay Brin's class on Monday. My arms, abs and especially glutes were seriously sore yesterday but mostly feel fine this morning. That class was only 30min long and felt very moderate when I did it so I didn't anticipate having such DOMS. Since this program only calls for 3 classes per week and offers lots of flexibility of adding anything else I may want, I'm going to continue with my subscription beyond the trial period.

Our temps are all over the place. Yesterday was high of 41F today it will be 18F but as long as we don't have snow/ice, I'm OK with it.

I hope to check in later.

Donna, good luck with the painters! I hear you on wanting a house to yourself again. Carol, I hope you're feeling better.
Old 01-20-22, 07:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength Workout with Adita 1/18/22 - 30 minutes

This was a good workout which focused on the upper body. It used two sets of weights and included a fair amount of work on the floor which I enjoyed. The Intermediate Strength workouts rarely move to the floor or include pushups and this workout did both.

Our CoVid numbers are surging mightily (1,000+ cases a day this week in our community), including in our unmasked schools. Folly for sure! Parents are sending their sick kids to school and the darn virus is spreading like wildfire. We have the most staff out we've ever had. It's frustrating and yet if we require masking we will have a revolt.

Off to the cesspool ~

Carol
Old 01-20-22, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - Standing Weight Combo # 1
Jessica Valent - Hip & Leg Workout (my PT for the day)
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Simple Yoga Flow for Mobility

It was nice to do all those add ons after work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2021
Giiad's Total Body Sculpt - Volume 1

I enjoyed both of these - I'm on a CS kick again, as you can see. And Gilad's was a nice combo of some lower body toning using body weight and a little bit of upper body and core. There are editing issues w/ Gilad's b/c they were taken from a TV show on FitTV from back in the day. I really enjoyed Fit TV when it was around!

We are having rain here and then supposedly it is going to get cold later today and maybe some snow. Eek.

Painters are still here.......LOL!

Carol - at least around here, masks are not shunned...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-20-22, 08:03 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min step

My lower back has been yelling at me after spending too many hours in front of the computer doing donation reports for the church bookkeeping I do. It is finally getting better and moving today felt mostly good.

Donna, I totally understand! Living in the middle of a renovation really isn't fun. I hope they are almost done!

That's a LOT of covid cases!! I made the mistake of going on Facebook and saw a friend of ours posting about how Covid is over. Meanwhile, a friend of hubby's died last weekend after 5 days of Covid, age 55-ish and no health problems we know of. Sigh.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 08:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 1/19/21 - 30 minutes

Another nice low impact routine taught add-on style by Madeleine, with a little bit of balance work at the end. I've gotten to where I really enjoy her cardio routines, and that's saying something since I normally hate cardio.

I know ladies, it's crazy around here. We had another 980 cases today in town; numerous new cases at school, including kids that we sent home from school with symptoms today who tested positive. Why do parents send their sick kids to school? I don't get it. I know some want childcare so they can work, but still. To send your sick child to school so they can infect other children and teachers is just wrong on so many levels. But we have a lot of folks out here who don't believe CoVid is a thing, much like that person you mentioned Brenda - sorry about your hubby's friend.

We are just trying not to have to close the doors.

Carol