Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was: Ellen - Skinny Sculpt. I doubt I will have time for more today - painters are here......

I'm on a roll with this so I'm contemplating getting estimates for my bathrooms I know it is expensive, but it I want to get it done b/c a) we're still living here and b) when we sell, I think it will help. And I don't want to end up fixing things just to sell, you know what I mean? I want to at least enjoy it.

Carol - glad you tested negative - maybe it was just some other bug?

Brenda - I agree, those stomach bugs are the worst -

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 07:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Penny 1/14/22 - 30 minutes

This was on the challenging side for me - there were 3 short cardio/bodyweight intervals between the weight circuits that got my heartrate up and I ended up breaking a sweat on this one.
Strength intervals were a minute long.

Donna - Who knows what's going on. My chest is still tight and I'm congested but things don't seem to be changing at all. Several of us at work have the same symptoms, but we've all tested negative.

Brenda - Agreed. Stomach bugs are the pits!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone-

The painters are here today - and they started early - so no workout yet. If they leave early enough today i'll try to get something in.

In spite of all the upheaval I'm glad to be getting this done and I do think I'm going to go ahead and get bathroom estimates - I may as well just make this the year of doing stuff and dealing with it. Working from home does make it tons easier.

Carol - I'm glad it isn't any worse....I saw that workout from Penny, will have to try it out!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 01-15-22, 09:43 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV 2 Mile Endurance Walk - 30min
Mira's Happy Hips Beginner's Day 1 - 33min

I woke up feeling stiff and achey especially in my hips and lower back, so this morning I've decided to start Mira's Happy Hips programs and started with beginner's schedule. First class was on a longish side but oh, it felt so good throughout and after I was done. Tomorrow's class is much shorter and I'm looking forward to it. Consistency is the key!

I signed up for trial membership to Lindsay Brin's site because I really want to try her Balanced Pilates 5-week program that starts on Monday. Classes are about 30min long and calendar calls for only 3 workouts per week with optional 1 day of cardio. It looks like classes have a more athletic approach to pilates so it's right up my alley. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!
Old 01-15-22, 10:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Good morning!

GHUTV 2 Mile Endurance Walk - 30min
Mira's Happy Hips Beginner's Day 1 - 33min

I woke up feeling stiff and achey especially in my hips and lower back, so this morning I've decided to start Mira's Happy Hips programs and started with beginner's schedule. First class was on a longish side but oh, it felt so good throughout and after I was done. Tomorrow's class is much shorter and I'm looking forward to it. Consistency is the key!

I signed up for trial membership to Lindsay Brin's site because I really want to try her Balanced Pilates 5-week program that starts on Monday. Classes are about 30min long and calendar calls for only 3 workouts per week with optional 1 day of cardio. It looks like classes have a more athletic approach to pilates so it's right up my alley. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

So glad you signed up for Lindsay's Balanced Pilates program - I'm really interested as well, but wasn't ready to take the plunge. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the program. I am also interested in workouts with a more athletic approach to pilates. Hope your back and hips continue to feel better.

Carol
Old 01-15-22, 07:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Mixed Format with Penny 1/15/22 - 30 minutes;
This workout had strength and cardio intervals using resistance tubing. It was a good one.

Kait Coats - 2022 Love Your Body Pilates Challenge - Day 1 - 20 minutes
Kait's workout had a little bit of everything in it - legs, abs, arms, back. I enjoyed it.

Donna - Makes sense to get as much done as you can (and can afford) while you are working from home.

Carol
Old 01-16-22, 08:29 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Lots of walking!

I've been on the treadmill and talking walks with hubby several times in the last few days.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 09:23 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workouts for today have been:

Ellen - Peace, love and cardio
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners - Strength
Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - Piriformis routine w/ band

I did sign up for Sarah Beth's paid service for $1 for the month. I started her beginner to Yogi calendar. I will likely not continue the subscription though b/c it is so pricey! But it is nice to see what it is all about.

I had to do Annie's workout today b/c I have been slacking on my hip/glute work.

Other than that - not much going on - terrible weather this evening - snow -freezing rain - ugh.

Dana - looking forward to hearing more about that program!

Carol - nice workout combo. Yes, we put off doing a lot of things b/c of the dogs and not being able to be home to watch them while all this work was happening, so I plan to get as much as we can done. Plus I want to enjoy it before we decide to sell and move on.

Brenda - nice walks!

Senior Shape By Lauren posted a Pilates/Barre play list - it looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHh...PJ03-kyGRADY38

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Donna
Old 01-17-22, 06:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday was a rest day (intentionally). I did get out and rake leaves, for about the tenth time this season. We only have one tree in our small backyard, but it does have a lot of leaves that don't all drop at once.

Still having congestion, a tiny bit of coughing and chest tightness. I will probably test again tonight just to be on the safe side. I know that our school nurse has tested at least one symptomatic person - who tested negative on Thursday - who just tested positive yesterday. This darn virus is getting sneakier and sneakier.

Good workouts, Donna. I saw that playlist from Lauren at Senior Shape. I am tempted, but would probably have to add on some cardio. Leslie's channel would be good that.

Carol
Old 01-17-22, 08:30 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Lindsay Brin Balanced Pilates - High Energy Pilates A - 30min.
JS Core Control - 30min.

HE Pilates A consisted of 3 - 10min segments. Standing arms using light weights. I used 3lbs then switched to 5lbs for biceps and back work. This segment ended with pushups. Next, there was a 10 min glutes work followed by 10 min of core/abs. This was maybe pilates-inspired class but not real pilates. Didn't bother me because I really liked this class. Fast moving, athletic, thorough and covered all areas. This class is for all levels and Lindsay had couple of modifiers who showed easier and harder versions of all moves. Tomorrow is an optional cardio class and I may either pick up one of Lindsay's cardio classes or do one from GHUTV. So far so good and I'm glad I subscribed. I looked around the site and Lindsay has quite a few programs available and each has a calendar, so lots to choose from.

Carol, I hope you feel better soon.

Donna, good luck with the renovation and the painters. I have quite a few things that I need done in my home but the thought of looking for reliable people who can do the job is daunting. My dh would be of no help at all and it all would be on me. I don't feel up to the task right now.

Hi to Brenda and buffmama.