Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-22, 07:50 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Today I did a new Ilaria, Kickboxing 7. This one seemed tougher than the other kickboxing I have from her. I also felt like the combinations were sort of blah. Bee whenever I do an Ilaria workout I think of you. Wasn’t it you who commented on the repetition being sort of meditative? I have to be on the mood for that when I do an Ilaria workout. But they are great for getting my heart rate up without impact.

The Covid cases are crazy at my office. It seems like every day we have a new positive case. Yikes. I’m very relieved that the Omicron symptoms seem to be mild.

Hope every stays well.
Old 01-12-22, 11:16 PM  
ChelePA

Nathalie...glad you were able to post. I can see why you would need a lighter day after Caroline

Kate...can't wait to hear your thoughts on her. She will challenge your weight selection for sure.

Manleym...I lucked out this time and it wasn't a cracked tooth. It was a very deep groove that was stained. She said it definitely has the potential to crack if I continue to grind my teeth. I am going to call the ortho and see if he can give me a new retainer since I have worn my current one out. I actually use a straw to drink my tea since my teeth stain easily these days, So I was surprised by the diagnosis Even my husband thought it was a hairline crack. Glad she was able to buff it out.

Kim...sorry to hear about all the cases. My daughter continues to have around 5 kids daily getting diagnosed. She received her booster today finally. We had to wait since she had Covid then didn't feel well around the new year. Wanted her symptom free before we got it.

Workouts today included Peloton 20 minute hip hop cycling class followed by a 20 minute classic rock walk. Finished with Kassandra's Yoga which focused on oblique moves. Took a few beginner/intermediate mediation classes the last few days that are teaching breath work. I'm hoping to use it when in the car and my anxiety kicks in as well as getting though some of the more intense pain which comes and goes.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 10:05 AM  
horusosiris

I have been doing Total Gym workouts (Cathe has a new TG workout and it is pretty good), Barre 3, HDM and using my home gym this past week. I plan to do the new Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing 2 latter today. I was going to do it live with the class today but I had too many other things to do.

Kate-Great news on Justin’s progress. Congrats to Justin on the lottery win and Happy Birthday to him

Manelym- Wow! Three copies of each! Glad you like the KCM music more this time. How is school going?

Bee-congrats on making the decision to go gray. It must be freeing for you.

Cataddict- I hope you are feeling better. Here is to the Steelers win.

Kate -you are making me miss Tony? I thought that I remembered reading that he was starting a new enterprise?

Chel- glad your daughter was able to get the booster vaccine and that she is feeling better.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 10:06 AM  
ChelePA

Mix and match today. Peloton 20 minute disco music walk. 10 minute climb ride on bike. 5 minutes core plus 15 minutes total body strength. Used 10 pound dumbbells for shoulder and biceps. Instructor was using 15. Not using weights with lower body these days. More about form, balance and range of motion. It was an EMOM. Not my favorite structure for a class even before my injury. Then finished with 15 minutes -day 4 -Kassandra yoga. This one was quite the challenge for me because she was working on balance. Had to hold on for support on a few of the moves.

Happy Thursday!
Old 01-13-22, 10:17 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… never got the total body gym but I always thought the workouts looked good.

On that note. Does anybody know any bonus sections or chapters were Cathe is working in a standing position doing calf raises as well as barre type work. I remember doing this in several of her workouts just trying to remember which ones. What I’ve noticed and is probably hindering my ability to walk down steps is that anytime I try to put weight on my front foot and elevate my heel there’s increased pain, reduced range of motion and the strength just isn’t there. I can go from heel to toe in a static standing position on both feet only. I noticed it the other day in a cardio section when he was doing a step step forward step step back. I have to remember day by day. There was a time when I couldn’t put any weight on my right leg at all.
Old 01-13-22, 01:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick checkin. After my workout today I need a nice long Yin Yoga practice.

Dang tough workout today.
Cathe Live #8 High Interval Cardio Step plus #126 Timesaver Step Grooves. #8 is great! But tough! Easy choreo but almost all higher impact blasts. Was really good, challenging and I was literally dripping!

#126 I didn't like as much because it had more choreography and I fumbled a few times. Not to mention about halfway through I just stopped and did the cooldown and stretch. WHEW! Tired and didn't feel like fumbling anymore.

Think tomorrow I may swing over to LMOD and do a Body Pump. It's been a while.

Happy Thursday!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 01:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Kate -you are making me miss Tony? I thought that I remembered reading that he was starting a new enterprise?
I saw something on Facebook but didn't really look hard. He said something about not needing to do weights???? If I see it again I'll look closer and let you know.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 03:11 PM  
horusosiris

Kate- thanks. Now he says no weights? That is interesting.

Chel- just off of the top of my head these DVDs have standing calf raise exercises -Gym Style Legs, Pure Strength- Legs, Turbo Barre, Boss Bands - Total Body. There are more but let me think about it for a bit and I will get back to you. Yes, the total gym workouts are good.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 03:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, Cathe's Great Glutes has a bonus calf burner section, Lean Legs and Abs has a bonus barre section that incorporates calves, and Lower Body Blast's bonus barre section also hits the calves pretty well from what I recall. Those are off the top of my head though so I might be mixing up the bonuses!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 03:45 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug..I vaguely remembered Lower Body Blast and horusosiris I haven’t opened my new boss bands. Funny you mentioned that one because it was on my agenda to preview the workouts to see if they were doable. Don’t have the other ones mentioned. Thanks!!!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in