Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-20, 09:47 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

What an interesting thread! I still really enjoy reading threads and posting here. I think it would be interesting to see what our average age is here. I would guess 50+, since when I mention a “forum” to some younger peeps, they don’t even know what I am talking about- lol.

I also love having a check-in, as there are days that I exercise simply so I can post there. Sad to admit, but true. They keep me going.

I detest Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the like. When you realize: you are the product—they are harvesting your data and selling or using it. It is creepy. I will admit that I don’t really understand Instagram. I see pictures and very little commentary. I don’t get much out of it.

My other forum is for UConn women’s basketball, and that one is enjoyable too. We all get to moan and groan about our team’s most recent games and prospects.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
I used to be here daily, too, and loved it. I read almost all the GD threads, and was in a rebounder check-in. That slowly broke up, and I went thru menopause, some family problems, and just drifted away.
I look in every now and then, and even joined a new check-in a while back, but wasn't doing dvds, mostly just walking and gardening, and it seemed silly to post that every day, so......
Hi Terri!! I remember you in our Friends in Fitness check-in. Good to see you again. Come on back anytime. My main form of exercise is walking and sometimes that's the only workout I do on any given day. And I dutifully report it every day I do it. It's fun to know what someone is doing on a daily basis even if it's not a dvd.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 10:37 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
What an interesting thread! I still really enjoy reading threads and posting here. I think it would be interesting to see what our average age is here. I would guess 50+, since when I mention a “forum” to some younger peeps, they don’t even know what I am talking about- lol.
I'm 62. I was 40 when I first discovered this forum.
Old 03-03-20, 12:56 PM  
Shelbygirl

I don't post much anymore, but I do check in and read posts a couple times a week.

The reason I no longer post much is because I do my check-ins on my phone, and trying to post anything using the phone is a royal pain for me. I'm a one-finger typer when I'm using the phone, so it takes just too dang long.

Today, on the other hand, I am on a computer, with full use of a keyboard, so responding is quick.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 01:01 PM  
Shelbygirl

One missing member I've thought about is Kathryn. (She always had that cat face diagram made out of hash marks under her name). I've often wondered what happened to her.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 01:33 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

It's nice to see some old friends

I joined in 2003! Hard to believe it was that long ago.

I'll be 62 in a few months, and do think one reason I'm in good shape is all the knowledge I gained here. Now I just need to get myself to do more than walk, garden and crawl (for my back)

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 03:54 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
One missing member I've thought about is Kathryn. (She always had that cat face diagram made out of hash marks under her name). I've often wondered what happened to her.

Shelbygirl
I've wondered about her too. I liked that she invented the 'kittybell'. (iir - her cat climbed into a plastic bag with handles. Voila! Kittybell.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:54 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I am glad that made you laugh.

I am.normally able to employ humor and shake things off but I definitely lost my sense of humor.

Having stress balls at ready access in work situations and squeezing them helped. For me, there started to be patterns/triggers that I tried to avoid. Going too long without eating, not drinking enough fluids, getting too warm.
ETA: bathroom wall pushups were the other thing I did.

Hopefully, me sharing with you that yes it gets real ..well..kinda sucky that this weird wave seems to suck you in..... Just know it doesn't mean you will always feel like an ornery ole bitty because you're not
Bathroom wall push ups huh? LOL I will say I have been working out in the mornings during the week since I found out that it can help my hormonal rages and have missed like 2 days and I can say it helps!!! I know it's helping because on the 2 days that i missed my rage returned LOL and on the days that I worked out I felt more light hearted and that was nice to have that feeling again. <3
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 07:09 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx
I used to be here daily, too, and loved it. I read almost all the GD threads, and was in a rebounder check-in. That slowly broke up, and I went thru menopause, some family problems, and just drifted away.
I look in every now and then, and even joined a new check-in a while back, but wasn't doing dvds, mostly just walking and gardening, and it seemed silly to post that every day, so......
I was on that check-in with Sherry, Barb (horsemom2), and MaryL. I miss you and am pleased to see you are active. While I don't check-in, I come here frequently to check out threads and look for Barb's latest "finds" and Sherry's posts. I still have too many dvds and use them and also go to the Y for aqua jogging and yoga. I still garden and despite saying every year, I will do less of it, manage to do more.

I also miss Debbie S. She was like a mentor to me with the weight-training. While I always thought a mentor would have to be someone older, I never found anyone here older than myself who fit that title. I am 78.
Old 03-04-20, 12:22 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I love terminating dandelions! It's a real workout on the weekend
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity