Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-24, 09:46 AM  
Leonana

Funny OT - “Perry Menopause”

This is a hilarious skit by the Holderness Family on their YouTube channel. I thought since so many here struggle with perimenopause, you would enjoy the comedy and the commiseration.

https://youtu.be/wNOL6GbOA9M?si=b1X_OzxrFHMf-mil
Old 01-17-24, 10:52 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

"It's not me, it's Perry!" Thanks for the laugh, I SOOOOOO needed this today!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-24, 04:51 PM  
Leonana

You’re welcome!
Old 01-17-24, 08:01 PM  
Helen

Well thanks, I think - just spent at LEAST 20min watching a whole array of Holderness Family videos. 😂 I'm a fan of observational humour - the "5 stages" zone especially.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-24, 09:23 PM  
Leonana

Helen, you’re welcome, ha ha! I enjoy their humor and their videos. They actually won the Amazing Race as a couple last year!
Old 01-18-24, 01:21 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Helen, you’re welcome, ha ha! I enjoy their humor and their videos. They actually won the Amazing Race as a couple last year!
Cool! There's a lovely vibe between the two of them.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 09:54 AM  
Lori_Michigan

At 6 years into peri (but more like 10 years with headaches and weight gain), and now over 50 with still regular cycles (!), I feel like this nightmare will never be over! Now all my symptoms are even worse than 2 years ago when they were really bad. And the weight I lost two years ago is slowly creeping back, despite eating relatively clean and exercising every day. Headaches that last for days (and pain relievers won't touch), anxiety out of nowhere, constant worry, teeth issues, fears of driving, nerve issues, digestive issues, sleep issues, massive breast swelling (went up three sizes!!), and this stomach that I swear I didn't even have when I was pregnant 20 years ago!

I'm just hoping that post menopause isn't as horrific as peri has been. I wouldn't wish this past decade (and counting!) I've had on anyone.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 10:51 AM  
Leonana

Lori, I’m so sorry it’s been so bad for you. Sometimes no matter what we do, genetics wins in the end. I hope it ends for you soon.
Old 01-18-24, 11:09 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Lori, I’m so sorry it’s been so bad for you. Sometimes no matter what we do, genetics wins in the end. I hope it ends for you soon.
Thanks, Sherry! I doubt it will be anytime soon. I haven't even missed a period yet, and they've actually gotten more regular than even five years ago (and are heavier now than they were a few years ago). I still ovulate (I track my temperatures daily) at nearly 51! My mom was completely done at 45, so I'm boggled. But I had a terrible time during puberty, and then on birth control in my early 20s, and then I had an absolutely miserable pregnancy and the years after that, and now at least a decade of perimenopause, so I feel like my hormones hate me. Ugh.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 11:24 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Lori, just wanted to say I totally commiserate with you on the wondering WHEN is this going to happen, and I'm older than you to boot. It's really mind-boggling when everyone I know is on the other side of the 'pause' and went through it much younger than I am now (though I will say some were surgical but most were not).

The one positive thing I can say is I had some issues that were much worse a couple decades ago than they are now. Why? I have no idea. Another mind-boggling issue but I'll take it! Anyway, just wanted you to know you're not alone! (((HUGS)))

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic, perimenopause