Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-22, 06:50 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch. My library has, I think it's season 9, and every so often I'll bring it home because I want to like it. But I just don't. I can't remember which workout I tried the other day but Miranda's style is just not for me.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Classical Stretch. My library has, I think it's season 9, and every so often I'll bring it home because I want to like it. But I just don't. I can't remember which workout I tried the other day but Miranda's style is just not for me.
annette - I tried Classical Stretch early on when it first showed up on the VF radar. Miranda is just not my cup of tea. I've also tried Essentrics and experienced the same lack of enthusiasm.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:21 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
annette - I tried Classical Stretch early on when it first showed up on the VF radar. Miranda is just not my cup of tea. I've also tried Essentrics and experienced the same lack of enthusiasm.
I have tried Classical Stretch multiple times and it is not my thing either. I know many love it. I am.glad there are so many choices of instructors.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 12:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am.glad there are so many choices of instructors.
Just think how boring VF would have been if we all liked the same things

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 10:44 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Just think how boring VF would have been if we all liked the same things
Back when The FIRM, CIA and Cathe ruled the fitness video world, one would be ashamed to admit to liking Leslie Sansone. As if Leslie was only worth doing if you were a baby beginner or had been injured.

I even started a thread about it a long time ago:

OLD THREAD ALERT!

The Evolution of Leslie Sansone on VF

There is more tolerance on VF now for individual likes and dislikes.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-20-22, 01:00 PM  
edensmom

Cathe live #186 Oh My Glutes.
I tried very hard to finish the workout but I just couldn't handle it. The audio was off even after restarting it which was aggravating enough but Cathe moves at breakneck speed in this one. The circuit with the pick up squats was the absolute worst. I paused and/or hit rewind a minimum of 20 times. Why is Cathe always telling us to slow down while flying through reps?? I often find her a bit fast but this was more than I could take.
The workout itself would be awesome if performed at a manageable pace. Or maybe I am just *that* unfit? 😅
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:45 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I totally get this. I bought season 11 in 2017 and could never make it through more than a few episodes. Last year I was determined to do the whole 30 episodes no matter what. I hated it, and yet...my ankle and shoulder mobility both improved. I still force myself to do it occasionally, but honestly a 5 mile Leslie walk flies by faster than 20 minutes of CS.
Old 05-21-22, 11:51 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I totally get this. I bought season 11 in 2017 and could never make it through more than a few episodes. Last year I was determined to do the whole 30 episodes no matter what. I hated it, and yet...my ankle and shoulder mobility both improved. I still force myself to do it occasionally, but honestly a 5 mile Leslie walk flies by faster than 20 minutes of CS.
ROTF! I feel that way about Pilates and Callanetics, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-21-22, 11:53 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have tried Classical Stretch multiple times and it is not my thing either. I know many love it. I am.glad there are so many choices of instructors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I bought my first CS dvd back in 2005 and I didn't like it much. I think it takes time and there is definitely a learning curve. I also think that the newer workouts with other instructors are much better than the older ones. Miranda is a genius, but not the best fitness instructor.

I mostly recently Joni-Od Ellen's newest workout...Align and Shine.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:54 AM  
red1013

Quote:
ROTF! I feel that way about Pilates and Callanetics, too!
Ugh, Callanetics! I have no patience for tiny pulses for 200 reps.

Tags
joni o, joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout