Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-22, 02:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Getting to Know You - Spring Edition

It has been a while since I started one of these threads. For some of you, a spring edition may seem kind of early, but in North Carolina it seems like it is here. For those of you further north, know that it is coming!

1. What is your favorite flower?

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______?

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation?

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season?

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 02:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? Iris

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best part are the warm sunny days. Worst part is allergies.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? A cruise. We've done this multiple times in the spring season to different parts of the world.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I'll get outside and walk a lot more.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? When the birds start building their nest on the post on our front porch, we know it's spring.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 03:38 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? Lilac

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? The flowers are the best; agree that allergies are the worst

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? hmmm a trip to the mountains?

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I'm hoping to get back to a regular routine once I'm back to "normal", health wise. Battling sciatica right now and for the indefinite future.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? Not exactly "wildlife" but we know it's spring when our outside feral cats stop eating like there is no tomorrow! Oh, and we see baby possums.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 04:45 PM  
rhbrand

Here are my answers

1. What is your favorite flower? carnations, but I do actually like dandelions as well. They are so yellow and bright

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best: warmer weather
Worst: the tornados that can come In a tornado watch as we speak

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Going to Hawaii or somewhere else where its warm with a beach

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I walk outside a lot more, weather permitting.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? When the robins show up, the Canadian geese fly north and the turkey vultures show up
Old 03-05-22, 04:45 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? Rue anemone (it's a ephemeral wildflower)

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best part is foraging for "weeds" so I can make my own herbal remedies. Worst part? ... Can't think of any.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Camping along the Delaware coast.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I have a new Les Mills On Demand membership so I'll be trying out new workouts!

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? Here, there are HUGE flocks of blackbirds that roost at night in the marshes then fly north to the farm fields where they eat all day; then fly back to the marsh in the evening. It's thousands! The phenomena is like a stream of pepper flecks in the sky that goes on for minutes. But they only do that daily migration back & forth in cold temps. So when the flocks diminish, eventually to stop altogether, then I know it's Spring!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 05:19 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? Pink Star Gazers because I love the way they smell.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Worst is losing an hour of sleep when we Spring forward and move the clock ahead one hour (although I do like Daylight Saving Time). Best: warmer weather and more sunlight.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Go to Hawaii with my DH.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? No change. I just want to try to continue to exercise each day.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? No.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 06:00 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? In the spring, I love seeing the Daffodils and I have a Redbud tree that will be blooming soon that I look forward to each year.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Everything greening up outside is the best. The possibility of hail and tornados is the worst.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Renting a cabin in a secluded spot and going on hikes.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I just hope to remain consistent. It seems the past few years, there have been several things that have caused me to get off track.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? The mockingbirds start singing their hearts out now. I love listening to them.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 08:51 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I was a botany major in college. I love them all.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______?
The best is all the spring wildflowers showing their glorious stuff. The worst is allergies and our horrible, too often scary weather.

I haven’t had a real vacation in so long I can’t even think of an answer.

I hope to start walking outdoors more often. I live on a lake and would like to get a kayak.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here?
Seeing the Canadian geese pair off. Deer fawns come a little later but are so much fun to watch. Birds, we start seeing the robins return and the gold finches turn golden again.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 09:51 PM  
fatkat555

1. What is your favorite flower? Daisy

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best is warmer weather, nice to get outside. Worst is pine pollen.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Beach vacation where you walk directly from your rental to the beach.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I’ll stop procrastinating exercising. When it’s cold I’m more likely to blow off a workout.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? Plenty of birds building nests and bees around the flowers (azaleas blooming)

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 04:19 AM  
Elsie

Yellow Verbena Wildflower

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is
More sunlight time
Fear of mudslides

Tuktut Nogait Park

More yardwork, although it feels like it never ended

Chorus Frog
Woodpecker .... The males have begun their signature head-banging to attract a nice mate
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you