Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-22, 02:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
... I could see how pink hair would cheer you up! My question about that - do you have to be careful that the color doesn't rub off on towels, sheets, etc.? ...
I use an Aquis towel (in pink) to dry my hair as some color might come off when my hair is still wet. (Don't buy one of these from Amazon because I think they are fake). :

Rapid Dry Lisse Hair Towel

Also, the plastic shower mat has started to turn pink. I haven't noticed it transferring to hats, pillows, etc. Again, YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

43,000+ reviews on Amazon. It does the job, but I personally still prefer non electric razors.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 02:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Last month,, I bought my DH a Braun Series 9 electric razor, and it's the best purchase I made all year! No more whisker kisses! Quite expensive at $300 but it's getting hard for him to shave, so well worth it for us.
Nancy - Sometimes it's worth it if a product actually lives up to expectations. I just spent my 2021 fitness earnings on a scanner, so a razor may have to wait!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 10:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
A
I don't have an electronic shaver recommendation, but I have pet peeve about women's razors - are we going to just keep adding number of blades indefinitely?
Yes enough with all the blades already! Three is more than enough.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 10:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
yes enough with all the blades already! Three is more than enough.
yes!!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 04:39 PM  
Gams

Has anyone used Laura Geller cosmetics? There’s a good deal on QVC for a set that includes blusher/bronzer, foundation, lipstick and eyeliner for $40, but I’ve never tried her stuff before.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 05:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Laura Geller is great. I've been using it for too many years to count. It's one of the few brands that makes something light enough for me. I bought two today, both on auto-delivery.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 07:01 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Has anyone used Laura Geller cosmetics? There’s a good deal on QVC for a set that includes blusher/bronzer, foundation, lipstick and eyeliner for $40, but I’ve never tried her stuff before.
Love her products, used for many years, tried most things she makes. Though since she sold her company I haven't tried anything new (not sure if still made in Italy). She makes the best highlighters & foundation IMHO. QVC often offers good deals on her products.
Old 02-02-22, 11:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hairspray recommendation

My hair is very fine and thin, so sometimes I use a bit of light hold hairspray to help my style from falling flat.

I have been using Garnier Fructis (light hold, #2 I think) because it's lightweight and doesn't have a strong smell. However, what makes me crazy about this product is that the nozzle is constantly getting stopped up. Sure, I can run it under hot water, but it annoys me to have to do this every.single.time.

So, any other recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive hairspray that's readily available (think grocery store) and doesn't have a strong scent?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 07:46 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Every hairspray I've ever used does that. It's aggravating. It either totally clogs up or partially clogs and sprays off in a different direction. No suggestions, unfortunately. I use a spray that makes my hair hard as a rock
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 08:13 AM  
sbh

Quote:
My hair is very fine and thin, so sometimes I use a bit of light hold hairspray to help my style from falling flat.

I have been using Garnier Fructis (light hold, #2 I think) because it's lightweight and doesn't have a strong smell. However, what makes me crazy about this product is that the nozzle is constantly getting stopped up. Sure, I can run it under hot water, but it annoys me to have to do this every.single.time.

So, any other recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive hairspray that's readily available (think grocery store) and doesn't have a strong scent?
I have fine thin hair too. I use Pantene alcohol free hairspray. Most hairsprays have alcohol in them and they are very drying for fine thin hair. The Pantene has never clogged up on me.

I also stopped using conditioner and spray my freshly washed hair with a salt spray (1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp epsom salt, a few drops of argon or any oil you prefer). This really got rid of dry fly away hair and actually gives my hair more body.

Hope this helps!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022 beauty, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2022, electric razor, off topic, off-topic