Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-21, 01:34 PM  
Ricka

Rebounder question

Hi, can I ask you which rebounder you have, and what do you love about it?

Does anyone have a rebounder that can be folded into two like this?

https://www.amazon.com/FIT-BOUNCE-PR...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Is it safe?
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 01:56 PM  
BunnyHop

I've got a Bellicon, but if I had it to do over again, would probably have gotten a larger one. Mine's the travel size, and it's fine, but some part of me wishes I'd gotten the largest, LOL!!! I do like the fact that the one I have will fit in my car, but I've yet to take it anywhere. Getting it home from the Fedex place could have been a hassle if I'd bought a larger one, but if they'd delivered it to my door that might not have occurred to me.

Years and years ago I had a Yogflex, one of those ultra cheapo kind with straps? $50 with free delivery from drugstore.com. It was fine as a proof of concept beginnerish test. I learned that I enjoy bouncing, but eventually I realized that in the long run I wanted something much better quality. In its favor, it had a LARGE bouncing surface, which I really liked.

There are tons of bungee cord style rebounders these days, so I'd definitely go with one of those, but I'm not sure I'd go ultra cheap. Some reviews I've seen make me doubt the wisdom of buying a no-name brand.

And just in case you haven't tried, it, a tag search using the word rebounder brings up a lot of older discussions. http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=rebounder
Old 05-01-21, 04:20 PM  
geojill

I have the 49” bellicon and not once since I purchased it in 2013 have I regretted the $$ I spent on it. Since the pandemic started, I have used it even more and now jog for 15 to 20 minutes on it nearly every day. Sometimes I spend more time on it, but the 15 to 20 minutes, followed by Yoga with Kassandra‘s morning yoga Movement (10 minutes) has been a great way to start my day.

I can bounce, dance, and jog on my bellicon and it feels good not just physically but mentally, too. If I do an exercise video that has moves like jumping jacks, I do them on my rebounder. I don’t seem to have the mental wherewithal to do more intense workouts on it, and I am okay with that. It’s really easy to cater my work out to my energy level with her it’s super low first thing in the morning or unusually peppy for 5 AM LOL.
Old 05-01-21, 04:25 PM  
Ricka

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do want to invest in a great one, but at the same time, I am planning to store it in my office if possible, so something I can tuck away will be really nice too. There are so many options!
Old 05-02-21, 10:06 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I have a Bellicon and it is my most-used piece of equipment. It is virtually silent, I like the bounce and it is very well made. I mostly do AngieFitness TV workouts or Bellicon Live workouts. I think it is 49". I have the rainbow bungees and it is downright pretty

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 10:31 AM  
Ricka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I have a Bellicon and it is my most-used piece of equipment. It is virtually silent, I like the bounce and it is very well made. I mostly do AngieFitness TV workouts or Bellicon Live workouts. I think it is 49". I have the rainbow bungees and it is downright pretty
Hi Gale. Can I ask if you have foldable legs version, or screw type? How much space does your bungee take for storage?
Old 05-02-21, 11:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have the 49" Bellicon with screw-on legs, and a smaller Jumpsport. I actually prefer the Jumpsport to the Bellicon. Even though I have extra strong cords on the Bellicon, I find the bounce too soft and sluggish. I rarely use the Bellicon anymore.
Old 05-02-21, 11:18 AM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I have the 49" Bellicon with screw-on legs, and a smaller Jumpsport. I actually prefer the Jumpsport to the Bellicon. Even though I have extra strong cords on the Bellicon, I find the bounce too soft and sluggish. I rarely use the Bellicon anymore.
Wow, this is good to know! Our JumpSport from Costco (350i) is a little over 3 years old and in need of replacement bungees. I’m ready to pull the trigger on a Bellicon since I keep hearing/reading how much better they are compared to JumpSports. My school-age kids have been exercising on the JumpSport this past year and my biggest concern is my tween daughter likes to jump heavy and her feet will touch the ground. I’ve been reading that the Bellicon will give more of the upward motion than downward so there won’t be a problem with touching the ground. Do you think this won’t be the case?

BTW, Bellicon is having a sale on their Bellicon GO (44” 3-piece model). 10% off for Mother’s Day!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 12:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I don't touch the ground when I jump on my Bellicon but the bounce still feels too soft for me. When I do some rebounder workouts on the Bellicon, I find that my jump doesn't keep up with the beat/music. Feels like I'm always couple of beats behind and not so on my Jumpsport. Knowing how they compare, I would've been happy with the Jumpsport. I believe my Jumpsport is the 350 and it didn't cost me nearly as much as the Bellicon. That's just my opionion. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 05-02-21, 12:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have 44” Bellicon with screw on legs. I bought it used several years ago, got a great deal on it. I love it! The bungees are still good so far.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, jumpsport, rebounder, rebounders