Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-11, 07:59 PM  
bfit

is there anything else like Cathe F Boot Camp?

Is there any other workout like or similar to Cathe's Boot Camp? I love this workout, but I've done it a million times and have the sequence of exercises memorized by now. I like the one hour length, the intensity, the variety of exercises, and the way it's organized into distinct "cycles". A lot of so-called "boot camps" like some of the Tae Bo ones seem unorganized to me.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 08:13 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Paul Katami's Hollywood Bootcamp 4X4. Though I think Paul's is harder intensity wise. Less breaks - Cathe switches out equipment a lot. His is five rounds - repeated twice - of cardio, legs, arms, and core. Then at the end there is a "bonus" round of four compound moves done once. I love this workout.
Old 10-05-11, 09:39 PM  
caligurl

in a word... no... there are other bootcamp style workouts (i.e. pauls, kelly's, amy's) but they just don't live up to the perfection (IMO) that is cathe's original bootcamp....

each of the ones i mentioned do have the cycles but there's just something about them.... i really do like katami's bootcamp.... amy's is fun but for the HOOing.... as much as i love kelly... i can only do here bootcamp once in a while (as opposed to circuit blast that i do over and over!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 10:39 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Is there any other workout like or similar to Cathe's Boot Camp? I love this workout, but I've done it a million times and have the sequence of exercises memorized by now. I like the one hour length, the intensity, the variety of exercises, and the way it's organized into distinct "cycles". A lot of so-called "boot camps" like some of the Tae Bo ones seem unorganized to me.
Cathe's Drill Max comes to mind (6 cycles rather than 8, and not much if any supine core work; but high-octane cardio followed by resistance cycles)

Amy Bento's "A-Team Boot Camp" (6 cycles rather than 8; 2:00 nosebleed cardio cycles including 2 on the step; resistance and stability ball cycles)

A-Jock

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, cathe, cathe bootcamp, cathe friedrich