Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-22, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Kicked Up Step CIA 2K04 with Becky Chamberlain. I had read here about her tin foil outfit. It's quite a sight.
Oh my! I had heard about the tin foil outfit here but had not actually seen it. Tin Foil outfit is spot on! And the workout is like KCM's stepboxing. I saved it to my list to do the workout some day. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-02-22, 07:34 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Oh my! I had heard about the tin foil outfit here but had not actually seen it. Tin Foil outfit is spot on! And the workout is like KCM's stepboxing. I saved it to my list to do the workout some day. Thanks for posting!
You're welcome!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 09:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Wow! I have that Becky Chamberlain workout--had no idea it was on Youtube.
It's a good one, but man it's hard not to keep staring at the aluminum foil outfit!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 10:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Kicked Up Step CIA 2K04 with Becky Chamberlain. I had read here about her tin foil outfit. It's quite a sight.
I owned that one!

(She needs the hat to complete the outfit).

ETA: I found my old VF review for 2K04. I was harsh!

"I have attempted this Becky Chamberlain video about four times. I give up. She has to be about the worst cuer in any tape I've ever owned. Usually cueing badly, often cueing late. Now, why would the Queen of the Stumble even attempt a CIA tape? I don't know. I got it as an add-on to a trade and it looked fun. And Paula Z reviewed it favorably saying, "Becky's a pro at cuing all the moves perfectly, every time, so the steps combine easily and the patterns blend together fluidly." Yeah right! The only person who could follow this workout the first time is Cleo the tarot card lady on TV! The cueing problem was pointed out in several VF reviews. I just thought I'd give it a shot.

Don't get me wrong. I like Becky and all her yeahs and hups and grunts. I even like the goofy "Lost in Space" silver spandex outfit. The music is good. And the kickbox/step combo is a really neat idea. I just wish Gin Miller would do a video like this!

Alta
05/12/2001"

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 07:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I saw this YT workout on Popsugar the other day. If you love burpees...this workout is for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTfpx9O4QF0

You will complete 100 burpees in this 30 minute workout. Since I love a challenge, I might try this if I'm feeling especially strong one day.
It does look tough, though!
I forgot all about Funk Roberts!
Old 06-04-22, 07:47 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
My favorite of his is the 20 min hip stretch filmed outside. A lawnmower goes on at the end and he says "are you kidding me". Cracks me up every time.
I enjoy this one as well! It gives me a giggle because he says it so calmly.
Old 06-29-22, 09:11 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Franny Benedetto

Boston Marathon step Franny Benedetto

Boston Marathon hi lo Franny Benedetto

These are from 1995 and were from CIA 7005. Gary Magno is the background exerciser.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:20 PM  
buffmama

Yoga with Joelle - great short 10ish and 20ish minute practices. I use the shorter ones as a stretch after my workout. So far they aren't all blending together and include different focuses/postures. (Yoga with Bird started feeling monotonous.)
Old 06-29-22, 08:35 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Yoga with Joelle - great short 10ish and 20ish minute practices. I use the shorter ones as a stretch after my workout. So far they aren't all blending together and include different focuses/postures. (Yoga with Bird started feeling monotonous.)
Thank you! I love short yoga with outdoor scenery.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:46 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this has already been posted but I just stumbled across this rebounding channel that looks fun. I haven't tried anything from it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-o...DlWtXxV6f_EaUw
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, keli roberts, natalie jill, penny barnshaw, youtube, youtube channels, youtube instructors, youtube workouts, youtube yoga