Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-22, 08:19 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Yesterday, I did the upper body section of Cathe's MIS (Maximum Intensity Strength) (1998). Simple, basic moves and gets the job done!
I did this yesterday because you mentioned it. I had to pause a lot because I needed more rest time between sets. However it did enjoy it.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 09:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I did this yesterday because you mentioned it. I had to pause a lot because I needed more rest time between sets. However it did enjoy it.
Patrice

The MIS step warm-up is the only Cathe step routine I was ever able to master.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 02:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I was looking at my collection the other day and thought I should try some of the workout DVDs I never do any more.
So today I put in Montenegro Method Endurance because I wanted some cardio/body weight strength. I viewed it for 5 minutes and it is now in the STW pile. Too much impact for me.
I then tried Bodystrikes 2 which I really liked ( I did it maybe twice before). However, the camera angles were annoying. I prefer a view of the instructor's entire body since I have a hard time following moves. The camera cut many times to close ups of her abs, her glutes her arms etc. I want the whole picture for follow along purposes. And her her abs and arms are so cut they are readily apparent from a full body view.

ETA: These are both from 2010 which I am not sure is vintage but they were definitely dust bunnies to me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 03:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I then tried Bodystrikes 2 which I really liked ( I did it maybe twice before). However, the camera angles were annoying. I prefer a view of the instructor's entire body since I have a hard time following moves. The camera cut many times to close ups of her abs, her glutes her arms etc. I want the whole picture for follow along purposes. And her her abs and arms are so cut they are readily apparent from a full body view.

ETA: These are both from 2010 which I am not sure is vintage but they were definitely dust bunnies to me.
If you don't like Bodystrikes 2 for the camera angles, you would HATE Bodystrikes 3! The angles in 3 are so much worse than 2 (and the workout is harder, IMO.)
Old 07-31-22, 05:12 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
If you don't like Bodystrikes 2 for the camera angles, you would HATE Bodystrikes 3! The angles in 3 are so much worse than 2 (and the workout is harder, IMO.)
Wendy, I am pretty sure I had Bodystrikes 3 at one point. I probably got rid of it for that reason.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 01:21 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The other day I did Slim In 6: Ramp It Up (2002). An oldie, but goodie!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 08-05-22, 03:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've done Cathe's Circuit Max and Hardcore Extreme intervals. Hard to believe these are so old---particularly Circuit Max!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 08:47 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The other day I did Slim In 6: Ramp It Up (2002). An oldie, but goodie!
I’m a Ramp It Up fan, too! Except for the uneven counts, it’s a good total body workout. I also like Burn It Up but prefer the band and floor work from Ramp It Up.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 11:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I’m a Ramp It Up fan, too! Except for the uneven counts, it’s a good total body workout. I also like Burn It Up but prefer the band and floor work from Ramp It Up.
I haven't done Burn It Up in a million years. I remember it being a tough workout and calling it, "Barf It Up!"

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 09-01-22, 06:49 PM  
Karla25

Today I dusted off Ruah Warrior. It was a nice workout I like the lower body and balance work.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts