Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-22, 02:24 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

What have you stuck with?

I was just thinking today how long I've been doing Essentrics. It was probably 2005 that I bought my first dvds. I've been teaching since 2015. It's the longest I've stuck with anything.

I've been doing my Essentrics, Ellen, and walking combo for a long time. I do other workouts occasionally, but these are things I do the most.

What works for you?

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've been doing Cathe Friedrich since the 90s. I don't do her cardio anymore, just her upper body strength. I also still do some Firms now and then. I've also been doing Ellen for years. Also walking and Essentrics regularly now. And some Kelly Coffey-Meyer upper body strength more recently.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:16 PM  
Terry

I only ever stuck with The Firm 90-Day, for 60 days. Other than that, I get three weeks at most with a planned rotation before my over-sized collection cons me into switching to something else.

Tomorrow I’m starting the 90-day Met-Rx 180 rotation, Option 1. Just as I have multiple times before, I’m telling myself that I will stick this one out until the end.
Terry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:21 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I was just thinking today how long I've been doing Essentrics. It was probably 2005 that I bought my first dvds. I've been teaching since 2015. It's the longest I've stuck with anything.

I've been doing my Essentrics, Ellen, and walking combo for a long time. I do other workouts occasionally, but these are things I do the most.

What works for you?
This is me exactly. Early 2000 I did some Cathe, KCM, Jari, Kettlebells etc. But I have stuck with my routine of Essentrics/Ellen/Walking/Biking/Yoga with some Jessica Smith thrown in here and there at least since 2010. I have walked for years (1986+since I had to stop running due to the knees) and only stopped walking for about 6 months pre-knee replacement (2019) when I couldn't even walk around the block. Now I walk daily sometimes twice a day, take hikes, bike and add the others in most days.
Old 05-18-22, 03:53 PM  
SpiritYogi

Yoga!
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:55 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I've been doing Cathe since the 90's. I've been running for almost 49 years. I've been strength training since Cathe got me started in the 90's.
Old 05-18-22, 04:03 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I only ever stuck with The Firm 90-Day, for 60 days. Other than that, I get three weeks at most with a planned rotation before my over-sized collection cons me into switching to something else.

Tomorrow I’m starting the 90-day Met-Rx 180 rotation, Option 1. Just as I have multiple times before, I’m telling myself that I will stick this one out until the end.
I almost started Metrx 180 this week. I went with my ole fave, CLX, since I've been away from weights for more than 6 months and it has few sets. I completed 2 full rotations of Metrx in 2020. If I did it again, I'd modify phase 2-3 as it was just way too much abs and cardio training, in which my knees paid dearly for it. They would ache during sleep. The pain went away after finishing the rotation.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 04:46 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I still love weight lifting, mostly with Margaret Richard. I also enjoy barre, Classical Stretch/Essentrics and pilates. I've done more outdoor walking in the last couple of years since we moved to an area that doesn't have bear and moose. As I've aged, I've become much more interested in doing Yin Yoga.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 05:22 PM  
buffmama

I was doing daily yoga. Then I started doing pilates daily 2 years ago. My love and appreciation of pilates has grown, yoga has taken on a different purpose in my workouts as I now use it as a cooldown. I do cardio, strength, and am a fair weather runner. I started exercising routinely after buff boy was born - he just turned 17.
Old 05-18-22, 05:59 PM  
bubbles76

Christi Taylor, Jari Love, and Cathe . Cut my vidiot teeth with these ladies (and Rodney Yee, but I haven't done much yoga lately)
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, outdoor walking