Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-22, 07:22 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Our car is so old (2007) that it has a CD player that can hold six CDs! I don't even know if new cars still have CD players.
I have a 2013 sedan that came with a CD player. Don't use it though since (1) I don't have any CD's and (2) I listen to the radio or Pandora via Bluetooth.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 07:45 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Just last summer I traded in a vehicle and the most advanced feature in it was a cassette tape deck.

Unfortunately, some neighborhood delinquents stole all my cassettes. Just to be ornery. It’s not like they really wanted my worn out 1970s cassette tapes.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 04:10 PM  
BunnyHop

If you ask me, streaming services are overrated. Service is not great where I live, so physical media (or straight up cable tv) was the way to go for a long time. Still not much better.

I wish vcr style recording were possible again. I haven't enjoyed tv nearly as much since that option went away.
Old 04-10-22, 08:15 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I have a 2013 sedan that came with a CD player. Don't use it though since (1) I don't have any CD's and (2) I listen to the radio or Pandora via Bluetooth.
My 2014 Mazda 3 has a CD player. I purchased the car used in 2017 and was so happy it had a CD player. I don't actually use it that much because I often play podcasts through my phone but I like being able to listen to my music CDs. I also occasionally borrow audio books on CD from the library. It's old school I know...
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 09:16 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
If you ask me, streaming services are overrated. Service is not great where I live, so physical media (or straight up cable tv) was the way to go for a long time. Still not much better.

I wish vcr style recording were possible again. I haven't enjoyed tv nearly as much since that option went away.
Homeworx PVR150
https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-Ho.../dp/B00I2ZBD1U
Or
TiVo Edge Antenna DVR
https://www.channelmaster.com/produc...rvice-rd6f50ls
The less expensive TiVo antenna DVR you have to pay a monthly fee. The most expensive model you don't.

Other devices that allow recordings from an antennae.
https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-enter...-cord-cutters/
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 09:48 PM  
Helen

I prefer a physical DVD so much that I download YouTube workouts and burn them to DVD rather than stream them. They have menus, chapters, and some even have playlists (premixes). Don't have any of that when streaming. I'm a bit fussy about what I bother to do that for, but series from Caroline Girvan (the EPICs), Sydney Summings (Summertime Fines) are worth it, as are old workouts that have sentimental value: eg Kathy Smith.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds vs streaming, streaming vs dvds