Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-12-21, 12:33 PM  
SpiritYogi

10-Day Gentle Reset Challenge with Eoin & Insiya Finn

I just finished day one of the challenge -- Calling in Calm. Although I'm an intermediate to advanced practitioner, I could appreciate and value this basic practice. I chuckled at his reference to the 'Itty Bitty ****ty Committee'.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's practice!
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 09:39 AM  
Venus

I did 'Day 1 - Calling in Calm' last night. I forgot about the challenge during the day, but I usually work out in the evening and remembered by then. When I saw it was 38 minutes, I thought it would be too long to add on after my workout, but it went by quickly and was relaxing.

I really enjoyed the practice, especially the form pointers. The slight adjustments helped me feel the stretches a lot more. Eoin calls the practice "Grounding in Calm" in the video and I did find it grounding. I do wish the videos would be available longer than two days, because I really liked the Day 1 practice and would like to do it again.

I also prepped for the porridge recipe last night. I'll have it this morning. I don't think I'll be doing the breakfasts every day, but I'll save the recipes to try later.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 03:41 PM  
SpiritYogi

I did the day two practice -- Clearing Space -- with Insiya yesterday morning. Like day one, it was a more basic practice but allowed me to be more mindful of form and get deeper into to poses.

I previewed today's practice -- The Bliss Reset -- and it looks like one I'll really enjoy. I won't have time to do it today but plan on combining it as well as day four's practice tomorrow. Today's recipe is really simple and looks yummy; I'll have to try it this week.
Old 11-14-21, 03:43 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I do wish the videos would be available longer than two days, because I really liked the Day 1 practice and would like to do it again.

I also prepped for the porridge recipe last night. I'll have it this morning. I don't think I'll be doing the breakfasts every day, but I'll save the recipes to try later.
I wish the practices would be available for a longer period of time also, Venus. Maybe Eoin will add them to his YouTube channel at some point in the future.

What did you think of the porridge?
Old 11-15-21, 09:03 AM  
Venus

I did Clearing Space (32 min) with Insiya on Saturday. It was more of an active flow than I wanted that night, but, just when I was getting a little bit warm/sweaty, we moved onto seated poses and relaxation. I think it was about 2/3 of the practice that was more active. Day 1 was a really yummy slow flow and I kind of wanted more of that on Saturday. I still felt stretched and relaxed after, though.

I did The Bliss Reset (43 min) with Eoin on Sunday night. The title was appropriate. Eoin spoke about breathing in the beginning and there was a long-ish relaxation at the end, so the practice didn't feel so long. He snuck a bit of work in there with the Warrior III sequence, but it was short. The practice still felt very gentle overall. I think his reminders on form and breathing and his sayings/mantras are what helps me focus and relax in the poses. My mind was wandering before and during the practice at times, so the little reminders helped me focus on my breathing. I was wondering if the challenge might be too much (I'm doing the Yoga with Adriene calendar, too), but it's been lovely so far so I will try to continue

I noticed you can download a PDF of all the recipes under the 'Resources' tab. If you scroll down under the video to where it says 'About', there are tabs that say 'Resources' and 'Comments'. I want to try the papaya smoothie next.
Old 11-15-21, 09:19 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
What did you think of the porridge?
I liked the porridge I've been craving oatmeal, so I was happy to try the recipe.

I didn't make it exactly. I didn't have ginger or hemp seeds, so I substituted cinnamon and ground flaxseed. I had coconut milk, but I used soy milk instead. I also halved the recipe and made just one serving for myself. It's a simple recipe. I actually prepped more for this morning
Old 11-15-21, 03:47 PM  
SpiritYogi

I did 'Bliss Reset' (day three) and 'Trust Is A Must' (day four) this afternoon. Although I enjoyed them both, 'Bliss Reset' resonated with me more and is one I would love to do over and over again. I enjoyed many of Eoin's comments -- wondering mind is redundant; LSD breathing, slow and steady wins the race (it's actually getting out of the race / off the hamster wheel), etc. I fell asleep after completing both practices, during Eoin's final relaxation. Since I usually do a one hour practice each day, combining day three and four fit great with my schedule and provided a well rounded practice.
Old 11-15-21, 03:50 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
I noticed you can download a PDF of all the recipes under the 'Resources' tab. If you scroll down under the video to where it says 'About', there are tabs that say 'Resources' and 'Comments'. I want to try the papaya smoothie next.
Thanks for the hint. I'll definitely download the recipes so I can try them later.

Quote:
I liked the porridge I've been craving oatmeal, so I was happy to try the recipe.

I didn't make it exactly. I didn't have ginger or hemp seeds, so I substituted cinnamon and ground flaxseed. I had coconut milk, but I used soy milk instead. I also halved the recipe and made just one serving for myself. It's a simple recipe. I actually prepped more for this morning
Due to food allergies / intolerances, I'm often using substitutions in recipes and have had many people tell me they like my version better.
Old 11-16-21, 10:35 AM  
Venus

Last night I did Trust is a Must (38 min). I really liked it This practice with Insiya was more of an active flow again. I would have liked more cueing in a couple of spots where I had to glance at the video to see what she was doing. On the other hand, I did attempt more full poses. Insiya included a lot of poses that made me feel strong (lunges, half moon, chair, etc) and I was warm enough to try to go a little deeper into the poses. I would have liked a bit longer in corpse/relaxation (but that is usual for me with most practices!).

I tried wheel when she suggested it, and I got into full wheel pose! I felt stable and strong holding the pose. The last time I tried wheel, it was a struggle and I only got the top on my head onto the floor and not off the floor. I can't remember the last time I did full wheel, so it was a nice surprise.

I didn't make the porridge yesterday after all, so I had it this morning with banana on top. I'll probably make it again; I think I could prep a few individual servings ahead of time.
Old 11-16-21, 10:45 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I did 'Bliss Reset' (day three) and 'Trust Is A Must' (day four) this afternoon. Although I enjoyed them both, 'Bliss Reset' resonated with me more and is one I would love to do over and over again. I enjoyed many of Eoin's comments -- wondering mind is redundant; LSD breathing, slow and steady wins the race (it's actually getting out of the race / off the hamster wheel), etc. I fell asleep after completing both practices, during Eoin's final relaxation. Since I usually do a one hour practice each day, combining day three and four fit great with my schedule and provided a well rounded practice.
Yes, I too enjoyed Eoin's comments on Day 3! I'm glad the challenge is working well for your schedule. I'm still doing my usual Yoga with Adriene, so I've been enjoying a longer practice.