Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-15, 08:52 AM  
ella

Favorite Pilates DVD for toning results

I am going on vacation to Mexico in a month (unexpected trip). I exercise 3-5 times a week-Zumba, treadmill, Tracy Anderson and barre workouts. For the last few weeks everything I do aggravates my knees to the point where walking hurts. I think Pilates will be gentler on my body but I need quick results! I want to tone my stomach and thighs. I am eating clean so I have that covered. I just need suggestions for Pilates dvd's that give you the best/quickest toning results.

Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 09:17 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hello,

The toughest strictly pilates DVD I have is Strong Stride with Lisa Watson, which has two pilates workouts on it. It is tough! https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Str...son-p/2055.htm

Less intense but still somewhat challenging really fun are all the 10 Minute Solution DVDs with Lara Hudson. She has several including ones that use a stability ball, and a band.

I don't do pilates exclusively so can't speak to "results" specifically. My best thigh results have come from Tonique and barre, and pilates is really good for the core area.
Old 01-23-15, 10:05 AM  
Jane1721

I am not a huge pilates fan, but I love Total Core Pilates by Jules Benson. It works you from all angles (front, sides, and back) and I really feel it in my legs the next day. The core and back work are excellent too.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 10:29 AM  
muddjeansgal

Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 11:12 AM  
ella

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt
I just did that one this morning and really liked it!
Old 01-23-15, 12:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I like most of the Element Pilates dvds (Elizabeth Ordway, Brooke Siler, and Lisa Hubbard!) They have beautiful scenery and various chapters to tone different body parts. One is with a mini-ball and I it! Another with Elizabeth has a really good lower body focus that's terrific.

Some of Mari Winsor's are favorites for butt and thigh toning, and she moves quickly from exercise to exercise.

I have some tougher Pilates workouts, and tend to not reach for them as much. Or, those that tend to be longer.

I have all the 10MS pilates workouts and will use a chapter or two when pressed for time. Anything with Suzanne Bowen or Lara Hudson is good! There are some more advanced than others with band work.

Suzanne Bowen also has Tighten, Tone and Torch that's very good as well as Gorgeous Core (which is pretty tough!)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 09:14 PM  
buffmama

Love Element Target Tone Pilates so it gets used a lot. I like Molly Tittle's as well.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 11:06 PM  
ella

Thank you for all the great suggestions!

Tags
favorite pilates dvds, jules benson