Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-13, 05:27 PM  
bee1forfitness

I have what some people call "dreads" that are now down to my butt...this product would be totally useless to me. In fact my "dreads" have freed me up since I've had them to do pretty any and all types of exercises/workouts. From swimming to crossfit, I love them for that I just simply pile it up on the top of my head with several hair ties and that's it, after the workout I just wash and condition my lovely loc's (as in dread locs) and I'm good to go. I can't figure out exactly what this is really suppose to do???, however, to each his own
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 07:12 PM  
lynfield

I am black and have this headband. It works great for holding my hair back, but my hair is still wet after my workout. The headband does not soak up sweat it only keeps it from my face. I rather be heathy and fit than have a good hair day.
Old 05-16-13, 07:56 PM  
Jeanne

Another option from Target:
http://www.target.com/p/dri-sweat-ed...term=headbands

It's pretty good for keeping my bangs off my forehead and holding my hair back. It is kinda tight though on my big head.
Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 08:07 PM  
sm4987

I've seen this before and I must say I really need one... or something to help my hair. Not working out is not an option so I hope something like this really helps.
Old 05-16-13, 09:42 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
http://perfecthaircollection.com/con...--save-your-doThis November, expect to see a Save Your Do infomercial and save your do, and quite possibly your life.
Dramatic, much?
Well, since they put it THAT way...I'll order a dozen!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 10:17 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I have always hated the thought that we as black people won't workout or swim because of our hair. Even when I had relaxed hair, I would still do all of these things. My hair didn't look its best but I value my fitness above all else. I currently wear my hair natural (in locs) so this isn't an issue for me. I workout and wash my hair frequently.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 10:24 PM  
Getfit

I always worked out no matter how my hair was styled. I decided to loc my hair 5 years ago when I sat at my hair dresser's salon waiting to get my hair done and I remember watching 3 movies. When I left the salon I admired her hummer parked in front of the salon and decided at that moment I wanted to be free of the press and curl and perms. This was one of the best decisions I have every made. I now just put a bandana on when I am working out or put it up in a ponytail to keep my hair out of my face. I would not invest in this wrap, I can probably buy between 6 to 8 different colored bandanas for the same price.
Old 05-17-13, 12:32 AM  
Cybersparkle

I am black and have been natural since ok, telling my age here! 1988 yep, the curl was the last chemical I ever had in my head (go ahead, laugh, it's alright ).

Water & sweat will shrink my style, but not ruin it. I have small twists. Any kind of scarf is too hot for me while working out & would't stop the shrinkage anyway.

But if it gets more women to work out, it's $ well spent for them.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 04:29 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

I clicked through on the site to buy - I was curious about how much it cost. Didn't find that but it is on a site with hair extensions. Maybe this is a product to help protect a weave? I don't know much about that process.

I have relaxed hair and have a good routine that keeps my hair healthy. Sweat damages my hair, so I wash and deep condition on the weekend and then rinse with conditioner during the week after a sweaty workout. I use a daily conditioner when styling (Kiehl's Silk Groom or Neutrogena Triple Conditioner) and heat protecting spray if I use a curling iron. I try to limit curling iron use to a couple of times a week and instead roll my hair with sponge rods before getting in the shower for curls.

I have some bad hair days but my hair is generally healthy now. I do plan to go natural at some point. My sis did it a couple of years ago and her hair is so pretty.
Old 05-17-13, 06:07 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbabie View Post
I clicked through on the site to buy - I was curious about how much it cost. Didn't find that but it is on a site with hair extensions. Maybe this is a product to help protect a weave? I don't know much about that process.

I have relaxed hair and have a good routine that keeps my hair healthy. Sweat damages my hair, so I wash and deep condition on the weekend and then rinse with conditioner during the week after a sweaty workout. I use a daily conditioner when styling (Kiehl's Silk Groom or Neutrogena Triple Conditioner) and heat protecting spray if I use a curling iron. I try to limit curling iron use to a couple of times a week and instead roll my hair with sponge rods before getting in the shower for curls.

I have some bad hair days but my hair is generally healthy now. I do plan to go natural at some point. My sis did it a couple of years ago and her hair is so pretty.
Which heat protecting spray do you use? With working out 6 days a week, I need to overhaul my hair care regime completely.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair, natural hair