Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-15, 12:02 PM  
bubbles76

Tugger please post your rotation when you get ready to start! I don't have the classics, but it will be nice to see what you come up with.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 12:11 PM  
Carol K

Firm Cardio is also one of the worst renames. It was never a Cardio workout even by the Firm's definition. That said, I consider almost all of the Firm's Cardio and Sculpt workouts to be AWT. The only ones I don't consider to be AWT are the workouts that don't use weights or are all floor work. Since I only do Firm workouts, I don't have a problem doing AWT back to back. I just alternate heavy weight workouts with light weight workouts.
Old 01-25-15, 12:35 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Firm Cardio is also one of the worst renames. It was never a Cardio workout even by the Firm's definition.
I agree! I also noticed that after the warm-up, Firm Cardio begins with strength work and Firm Strength begins with a cardio segment. Ironic, yes?
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 01:05 PM  
Tugger31

I may have to post it when I'm done or at the end of each week. I don't do well with strict planning b/c life is too unpredictable whether it be my work schedule, an unexpected illness or just simply how my body is feeling from day to day. I also sometimes follow an 8 or 9 day "week" to fit it all in. I stopped beating myself up years ago trying to stick to carefully planned out rotations. How does my body know that a week is 7 days anyways, right?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 01:26 PM  
Carol K

The main difference between Firm Strength and Firm Cardio is that Firm Strength has supersets for upper body and lower body and Firm Cardio alternates between upper body and lower body causing "peripheral heart activity", which is why it was originally called StrongHeart.
Old 01-25-15, 05:30 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Firm Cardio is also one of the worst renames. It was never a Cardio workout even by the Firm's definition. That said, I consider almost all of the Firm's Cardio and Sculpt workouts to be AWT. The only ones I don't consider to be AWT are the workouts that don't use weights or are all floor work. Since I only do Firm workouts, I don't have a problem doing AWT back to back. I just alternate heavy weight workouts with light weight workouts.
Carol,

Would you mind giving an example of the sequence of workouts you do? For example, what would a typical week be of back-to-back Firm AWT workouts?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 05:58 PM  
Carol K

This month I'm doing the January specialty rotation on the Firm site which was designed by community leader Tonda. Last week was Slim & Trim, Tough Aerobic Mix, Bootcamp 3-in-1 Mix, Advanced Cardio Blast, Complete Body Sculpting, Skills, Drills & Thrills, and Rest.

However, I don't have most of the retail kits (packaged with the equipment) or most of the compilations from any era. So for me, last week was Ultimate Fat Burning Workout, Super Cardio Sculpt, Super Sculpting, Advanced Cardio Blast, Complete Body Sculpting, Cardio Burn and Rest.

I realize that you all don't classify all of these as AWT, but I consider them all to be AWT except for Advanced Cardio Blast.