Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-15, 08:05 AM  
bethellen

I LOVE BB&B! I like combining the tri trainers in a week. There's something about this one that makes it have no dread - Jen is so cute & fun and Taber is motivating!

I enjoy Vol 5 - except I always ask LaRaine why we have to do so many crunches.

I also enjoy Vol 6 until we get to the hover squats. Then I'm done.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 08:05 AM  
LoveVA

OK, so BB&B is a definite yes for me, then.

Still on the fence about 5 & 6. The reviews seem mixed. Although, I feel like I have an incomplete collection without all of the Volumes...

This would not be an issue had I just bought 1-6 when Fitness Favorites had a really good sale last year
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 11:14 AM  
Kitten

See, I love volume 5. I love the short aerobics(believe me, I never rewind and do them a second time). I love floor work. A lot.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 11:29 AM  
TinaT

I love floorwork as well. Volume 5 is the favorite of the 3 listed. I wish when the parts workouts were being developed, that volume 5 segments would have been used. Along with volume 2. Some great results with the floor work.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 01:17 PM  
donnamp

This thread is really making me want to bring out my old VHS copies of these workouts - I haven't yet upgraded to DVD on these - and still having a working VCR.

So, if I haven't done these in awhile, say - years - and have been mostly doing gentler forms of exercises these days, what would be a good rotation?

I was thinking of just doing them in order - every other day so Day 1 - V1, Day 2 - off/other workout, Day 3 - V2, Day 4 off/other workout, Day 5, V3, Day 6 Off/other workout, etc., Sound reasonable?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 01:26 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
Honestly, 5 and 6 are my least favorite Classics. I don't think they're very hard or very interesting. But I don't mind the segments from those workouts when they are in Parts workouts.
This is how I feel about Vols. 5 and 6. I rarely do them anymore. My favorite part of Vol. 5 was its cardio segment, but Aerobic Butt Busters (love that workout; loathe its title) now includes my favorite part of Vol. 5, making Vol. 5 irrelevant for me.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 01:31 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
This thread is really making me want to bring out my old VHS copies of these workouts - I haven't yet upgraded to DVD on these - and still having a working VCR.

So, if I haven't done these in awhile, say - years - and have been mostly doing gentler forms of exercises these days, what would be a good rotation?

I was thinking of just doing them in order - every other day so Day 1 - V1, Day 2 - off/other workout, Day 3 - V2, Day 4 off/other workout, Day 5, V3, Day 6 Off/other workout, etc., Sound reasonable?

Donna
Donna, this thread has inspired me to include 1, 2, and 3 in my rotation each week! Based on your current exercise habits, I think your rotation sounds great, especially if you use lighter weights.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 02:54 PM  
donnamp

thanks, Jane. Maybe I will dig up those Oldies and do them again - remembering to use lighter weights than the last time around which seriously must have been 2007-2008???

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 04:21 PM  
SueT

Donna, I just did Vol. 2 today, and I had so much fun! I've been doing mostly Classical Stretch and walking workouts, and I was able to complete the whole Vol. 2 workout. I just used 5 lb. dumbbells for the aerobic part of the workout, and used 8 lbs. for the chest work and bridge work at the end.

Now I know why I stuck to the Firm workouts for such a long time. They really are fun, while making you feel worked out, not wiped out.

I got through 11 days of the Classical Stretch challenge, adding some walking workouts, and my jeans are feeling tighter than ever. I love Classical Stretch, but I think my body just needs some more intensity to let go of the fat. I'm going to try a few more of the Classic Firms this week, and if I do okay, I'm going to order the DVD versions that Fitness Favorites has. They have all 6 Classics for $50 right now.

Hope this helps!
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 04:51 PM  
SquishyMommy

Volume 5 was my absolute favorite. I enjoyed all the Classic Firms, but Volume 5 was my first and it was how I lost all the baby weight after I had my first child. I was very young and very poor so the Volume 5 VHS tape and the tall box were all I could afford! Any time I could afford to I would buy another workout, but Volume 5 has always had a special place in my heart!

Tags
better body and buns, firm bbb, firm better body and buns, firm volume 5, firm volume 6