Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-15, 10:35 AM  
Jane1721

Question Do I want 21 Day Fix?

I have 100+ workouts but they are all Leslie, Cathe step (which I don't even do anymore due to a wonky left ankle and right heel pain), and The Firm. It's mostly The Firm.

I feel like I need something new. I have read through all the threads tagged with "21 day fix" but I'm still on the fence. I like hour long workouts, but I think I read that there is a rotation for doubling up. I can't handle too much high impact due to the aforementioned wonky feet, but I can do some. The plyo moves in the pink firms don't bother me. I don't want a puke in the bucket workout rotation, just something different and fun and challenging.

Please tell me what you all think!

ETA - if we all discern that I do want this set, do I also want the Flat Abs Fix and Barre Legs add-on? Plyo Fix is included free if I order from Mary.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:44 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

If you go to the reviews section, sort by instructor, and look under Autumn Calabrese, you'll see my reviews of 6 of the workouts. I'm hoping to review 3 more next week.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:46 AM  
Jane1721

Thanks, Sabine! heading there now!
Old 01-20-15, 11:49 AM  
violingal3

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=200893

This is a super helpful thread, too. The ab/barre DVD isn't a must, but I like it anyway. Most used of 2014, and probably 2015. Love this set.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 11:58 AM  
dnna

I love this set. You can easily make a similar rotation with stuff you have but the 21 day fix workouts are really good. I especially like the cardio and dirty thirty. and surprisingly I love the upper and lower, and barre workouts. time flies-and I like the modifier a lot.
I have never used the plyo- but I do like barre legs-
It was worth for me- for a good 3 week rotation and for a good quick cardio pick me up when not in rotation mode. I want the new 21 day fix that is coming out!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 12:02 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=200893

This is a super helpful thread, too. The ab/barre DVD isn't a must, but I like it anyway. Most used of 2014, and probably 2015. Love this set.
Thank you! I skimmed through that this morning - the breakdown IS super helpful! As soon as everyone heads for lunch I'm going to take a peek at the videos linked in that thread (I'm at work...).

ETA- I just watched a couple of clips. Um, WHY is everyone moving at a different pace, and NO ONE is moving to the tempo of the terrible music? It seems like this would be incredibly distracting to work out to. Maybe I've just done too many Firms in my life and I'm forever ruined for syncronized cast members.
Old 01-20-15, 12:03 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I want the new 21 day fix that is coming out!
I didn't know there was a new one! Maybe I should wait for that! Or will it be a while, like when Cathe has a new set coming out? lol...
Old 01-20-15, 01:14 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I didn't know there was a new one! Maybe I should wait for that! Or will it be a while, like when Cathe has a new set coming out? lol...
It comes out around Feb 3rd, it is more advanced than the first, more for advanced people or at least who have done the first one. It's called 21 day Fix extreme.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 04:16 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
ETA- I just watched a couple of clips. Um, WHY is everyone moving at a different pace, and NO ONE is moving to the tempo of the terrible music? It seems like this would be incredibly distracting to work out to. Maybe I've just done too many Firms in my life and I'm forever ruined for syncronized cast members.
I used to feel the same way but now come to appreciate "timed" exercises over "rep" style. With the timed style you can still do the workout even as your fitness level improves. For example, if you can only do 30 sit-ups in 60 seconds but the next time you can do 40-45 you're not bound to how many the group is doing together on the screen or doing it to the beat of the music.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 04:42 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I used to feel the same way but now come to appreciate "timed" exercises over "rep" style. With the timed style you can still do the workout even as your fitness level improves. For example, if you can only do 30 sit-ups in 60 seconds but the next time you can do 40-45 you're not bound to how many the group is doing together on the screen or doing it to the beat of the music.
That makes sense. I often do certain parts of Leslie's workouts at a faster pace than she and the music are going. Okay, I'm back on the fence about this...unless, of course, I want to wait for 21 Day Fix Extreme. I did like Slim Series but not Slim In Six, so maybe I should hold off...

Tags
21 day fix